Thaksin To Seek Political Asylum In Britain

fred2007

YH, I was answering specific, numbered "accusations" against PAD supporters on this board. You, just like that poster, are trying to find some OTHER points on which you might or might not be right.

I also find it worrying how you throw your support behind low life thugs who has been harassing PAD (and Democrat) rallies for years and describe it as a struggle against fascism. May I ask you a question - have you gone nuts??? Don't be ashamed, you are not alone - lots of people who couldn't see themselves as supporting PAD ended up being tossed together with some truly despicable characters. Look at where Surapong, the hero of the student revolution, has ended. Look at how Colpyat completly lost his mind, look at Human Rights Commissioner Jaran who ended up throwing rocks at people, look at Nation's Pravit who can't to seem to find his footing anymore. And whatever has happened to Chownah?

There's no "third way", no neutrality, one way or another you are going to support one of the two opposing camps, no matter how much you try to stay above the fray, and when that choice is made, you'll have to live with all the negative stuff that is assossiated with the group of your choice. I'll take PAD over Thaksin fan clubs any day. You might not respect Tony Clifton or JK, but I'd choose them over Sunrise and Co anytime.

And with PAD - their agenda depends on their supporters, though eventually they might lose the touch with people who make them strong. At that point I'd thank them for all the good things, but it'd be time to part ways.

I hope I haven't gone nuts! But you are right to point out that the polarisation of Thai politics means there are some uncomfortable bed fellows on both sides.You are also right to point out that over time there will be a shake out.Hopefully the decent centre can rally around Abhisit in due course.Whether I can make a choice now is hard.I was never a Thaksin fan (despite attempts of some to portray me as such) and the PAD leadership makes my blood run cold.

P.S While there was a reasonable point to be made, I think I did go too far in comparing the PAD behaviour in Udon to Mosley's thugs in the East End of London.Mea culpa.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that things finally begin to go Thaksin's way again. AND City had a decent victory today. :o

other than a solitary soccer game, what things are "going Thaksin's way?"

I would have thought that present events may well strengthen any claim for political asylum.

The wrinkles on his face must be mostly caused by the tedious task of remembering the web of lies he's left behind. He' s weaving even more by and when officially asking for political asylum.

Not everyone has to wai and obey him on foreign soil.

The HR issues, he's also highly suspected of money laundering, it won't be easy as he thinks.

He's walking on very thin ice.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Good to see that things finally begin to go Thaksin's way again. AND City had a decent victory today. :o

other than a solitary soccer game, what things are "going Thaksin's way?"

I would have thought that present events may well strengthen any claim for political asylum.

The wrinkles on his face must be mostly caused by the tedious task of remembering the web of lies he's left behind. He' s weaving even more by and when officially asking for political asylum.

Not everyone has to wai and obey him on foreign soil.

He's also highly suspected of money laundering, it won't be easy as he thinks.

He's walking on very thin ice.

Maybe so but I suspect recent events are making it a bit easier.

Edited by Colonel_Mustard

I'd say it's doing the exact opposite, showing he just can't let go of power, at least while he has the chance to fight his criminal cases, which he refuses to do as well.

Takes a while but the world eventually learns the truth about these crooks and murderers.

We'll see but I think it would be likely granted if there was another coup or the current government is overthrown.