What Do You Do Inside…......when It’s Raining Outside?

teacup

Heng...

You know I kinda imagine you being one of those….Lk Havasu …oh wait… or rather Cancun kids

Very very naughty !!!….. Do you wear "all" white when it’s raining? :D

HENG GONE WILD! 555 :o

Yeah, back in the day.

Um, now it's more like BAKING WITH HENG, HOW TO RAISE YOUR OWN HENG, HENG CARDIO MAX, etc...

:D

Well, in Florida, the hurricane 'FAY' just missed where I live in Tampa. But wrecked several homes in Orando and Jacksonville while passing through those areas. :o:D

Got quite a bit of rain in the evening through the night.

Talking about what you do during the rain falls, I enjoy watching raindrop on the lake, with the wind blowing on top of the surface and the water rolls over, splashing the mist all along. Creates such a phenomenal sight. :D

Talking about living life on the edge!!!

Good to hear you’re well along with your stuffs. I have heard it will visit Georgia pretty soon.

Hey Tinky.....next year you can send many of your goodies to me before the storm, just to be safe.

I'll take the LCD flat screen, You could never have too many. :o

Take care w/ many well wishes to you & your family

TC

Personally I get less distracted when it's raining - think it's down to your options being more limited. Put some music on and get on with what I usually get on with; code.

UBC goes off - so what? Don't need to be reminded again how Mike Rowe likes it...

Well for me……I could never put on the music when it’s raining outside, I would never get anything done!!!

Coz it will be waaay too COZY and makes me TOO SLEEEPY :o

Anyhow….the downpour rain had finally stop this morning and replaced by liquid sunshine……Hooray!! :D

And

Since I had nothing else much to do, so I was experimenting with my camera this morning after bkft

YES……This is the same skylight I was laying dead underneath all day yesterday .

I am no Ansel Adam, still I think….they came out pretty good,…..just want to share a few

And thanks U all for keeping me entertain in the last 24 hrs :D

Nong Teacup,

Thanks for your nice concerned. :D

Well, looks like the 'FAY' is acting a little nasty for changing its courses quite often. Instead of going to Georgia, today reports it is heading toward the Florida Panhandle, where forecasters it may cross back over water again and make a forth landfall.

Anyway we should be all thankfull for those missed landing. :D

How is your writing a lakorn comming along, may I ask ?

Is it going to be a romance, comedy or mystry ?

You never know, may be another 'Amy Tang' (of the 'Joy Luck Club' flame) is on the horizon. :D:o:D

Well for me……I could never put on the music when it's raining outside, I would never get anything done!!!

Coz it will be waaay too COZY and makes me TOO SLEEEPY :o

Anyhow….the downpour rain had finally stop this morning and replaced by liquid sunshine……Hooray!! :D

And

Since I had nothing else much to do, so I was experimenting with my camera this morning after bkft

YES……This is the same skylight I was laying dead underneath all day yesterday .

I am no Ansel Adam, still I think….they came out pretty good,…..just want to share a few

And thanks U all for keeping me entertain in the last 24 hrs :D

Wow very nice house. Is it in Thailand or the US?

I am a builder so when it is raining I tend not to work. Although at times I have no choice & must get a roof on. So if I am not working due to rain I will go to town do shopping for foods etc. Or just veg out on TV & internet.

Musical instrument like someone suggested is very good & I use to play a lot of blues guitar not much now though.

One suggestion if you go musical instrument make it something easy to leave laying nearby. Your more likely to pick it up more often & play.

Wow very nice house. Is it in Thailand or the US?

I am a builder so when it is raining I tend not to work. Although at times I have no choice & must get a roof on. So if I am not working due to rain I will go to town do shopping for foods etc. Or just veg out on TV & internet.

Musical instrument like someone suggested is very good & I use to play a lot of blues guitar not much now though.

One suggestion if you go musical instrument make it something easy to leave laying nearby. Your more likely to pick it up more often & play.

Thanks, I think so too…It’s in the US. I designed it since I’m an architect and just had it built last year.

Btw since you’re a builder, how is the business going?

Mine’s dropped by almost 50% - with no new construction so far, except the projects that are mostly from remodeling and stop-working “red flag” by the city/county due to codes violation or no permit.

PS….

Hey the thread got 3 stars somehow. I didn’t know the topic is “HOT”, whoever put it there…thanks much :o

Nong Teacup,

How is your writing a lakorn comming along, may I ask ?

Very slooow….cuz I want to make it sooo good, so that there will be no fast forward from you! :D

Is it going to be a romance, comedy or mystry ?

I have two…..

CAMPUS - romantic comedy

AUNT MOLLY - romantic mystery

You never know, may be another 'Amy Tang' (of the 'Joy Luck Club' flame) is on the horizon.

Oii… I’m pretty sure, mine will smash all the past ratings. Hmm….I think I better start writing my acceptance speech also :o

Thanks, I think so too…It's in the US. I designed it since I'm an architect and just had it built last year.

Btw since you're a builder, how is the business going?

Mine's dropped by almost 50% - with no new construction so far, except the projects that are mostly from remodeling and stop-working "red flag" by the city/county due to codes violation or no permit.

:o

Very nice work then !

Business had been good this past year or since December 07

I built two complete homes for clients.

But now as it nears the end of the 2nd one I do not have any real projects on the burner.

Just as well though as I am going back to Thailand with my wife as soon as her green card comes through. Which may be next week

We will stay 1 or 2 months then come back.

Usually I design & build for resale on my own but like you I see the slow down here in the 5oth State too.

Hey I was also fined $359 this year like you for working before the permit was issued. But in my case the architect said it was ok..............it was not :D LOL

Again beautiful home you designed!

Hey I was also fined $359 this year like you for working before the permit was issued. But in my case the architect said it was ok..............it was not :o LOL

No not me, but my clients.....whenever they're in deep doo doo with the city/county, that's when they usually call me up and need it to be done by "yesterday"!

And I absolutely hate it when I have to go out when it's raining and all muddy!!

I don't like working for the builders much coz they are generally cheap to the bone. The ones that pay me well when I'm doing the design for churches, gas stations, and custom one of the kind homes. Somehow I manage to loose most of my remodeling projects, alway underbided...bumber :D

Hey when do you think we will see the turn around in the construction bussiness? And where you're at it's more toward for the second home market, isn't it?

In my area the price of homes has dropped by about 25% same time last year, but not many new construction tho however the existing home inventory is waay over supply.

Edited by teacup

Hey when do you think we will see the turn around in the construction bussiness? And where you're at it's more toward for the second home market, isn't it?

In my area the price of homes has dropped by about 25% same time last year, but not many new construction tho however the existing home inventory is waay over supply.

Yes actually both of the homes I just did were second homes for the owners but......... One thought she would speculate build the other thought maybe a bed & breakfast. I think both may be a little worried now as prices & tourism are both down. I would say not much different than you describe as 25% lower than last year.

I am glad I sold a 2nd home I had during the higher prices time.

It allowed me to recently buy a nice piece of land at a very much lowered price.

If your area is going through the same you may find some great land deals too & wait out the slump.

Also as you say the inventory here is very high as everyone & their brother jumped in last year thinking to build a spec home & make 100k profit.

They are so sorry now that their interest only or equity lines are due. Too many rentals now too as a result of the same scenario. :o

Good Luck to you this year I hope business turns around for us!

Then why resurrect it again, when it all got already buried on p3 or 4?…or may be p5?

People like you that keep the rating up for the like-kind inane threads alive, kind of a self fulfilled prophecies, isn’t it?

And I don’t very care anyway, close it away……since the rain is already over! :o

Then why resurrect it again, when it all got already buried on p3 or 4?…or may be p5?

People like you that keep the rating up for the like-kind inane threads alive, kind of a self fulfilled prophecies, isn't it?

And I don't very care anyway, close it away……since the rain is already over! :D

I know what we can do inside when its raining. :o Don’t forget the Tabasco source!

People like you that keep the rating up for the like-kind inane threads alive, kind of a self fulfilled prophecies, isn't it?

I know what we can do inside when its raining. :o Don’t forget the Tabasco source!

Words words words…….promise promise promise

You’re such a liar…..where were you last night?…..couldn't find the mid-air gas station?

Duh…….I had been waiting at the turmac all alone for the whole 1 hr!….....not again!! :D

Gaiyaang.....your welcome to him!! :D

Edited by teacup

I know what we can do inside when its raining. :D Don't forget the Tabasco source!

Words words words…….promise promise promise

You're such a liar…..where were you last night?…..couldn't find the mid-air gas station?

Duh…….I had been waiting at the turmac all alone for the whole 1 hr!….....not again!! :D

Gaiyaang.....your welcome to him!! :D

O.. you gave in such short notice. :o I wish I could tern back the clock. But the fact is 1 hr ant long enough. I hope its raining for at least a week.

I know your mad at me, but I promise ill make it up too you.. @--->-->---