Pattaya To Korat By Bus?

flip2000b

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this should go in here or in the travel section!

I need to get from Pattaya to Korat by bus on December 4th. Anyone know how much the ticket is, how long it takes, where it departs from?

Hope you can help, sorry it is a basic question but I have tried to search and google just comes up with loads of info on the Canadian peado bloke...!

Thanks

my advice if its just you on your own is to fly, but if you like long bus journeys(think theres one with beds on?) then they depart from sukhumvit road at the top of pattaya klang/central pattaya road....not a clue on prices though :o

there are buses on Sukhumvit that go through Korat to other locations in Thailand.

That's the Nakornchai Air bus station. They do a VIP bus to Korat. Cold air con! Last year - 400 baht one way.

There's also the Srimongkol office on Third Road. They also do daily buses to Korat. A bit cheaper than Nakornchai Air.

Make sure there's air con and a toilet!

Journey time? 4-5 hours.

I've made that trip by going to Mochit in Bangkok and then taking another bus to Korat.

Start from the the main Pattaya bus station on North Road. The bus to the Mochit station in Bangkok costs about 120 baht. Be prepared for the Mochit bus station. It is huge. Walk into the terminal and find the booth selling tickets to Korat. Most booths only show the destination in Thai, but I think the Korat booth has English letters too. I can't rermember the price of the ticket, maybe someone else has more info. I extimate the bus from Pattaya to Mochit takes a little over 2 hours and the Mochit to Korat trip takes about 4 hours. It has been a few years, those times could be wrong. :o

The only way is Nakhonchai Air. Sod any other way unless you want to pay for a taxi. Korat is about 310km from Pattaya and takes about 5 hours with a short stop for a basically inedible meal (free) as some Thai version of a transport cafe. Seats are great and recline very well. Blankets are provided but they are small, wear long trousers. Toilet on board.

Bring something to eat and some drinks. You get some water and a snack when you board but not enough. You can travel overnight as well.

Here's their website http://www.nca.co.th/newweb/index.php

my advice if its just you on your own is to fly, but if you like long bus journeys(think theres one with beds on?) then they depart from sukhumvit road at the top of pattaya klang/central pattaya road....not a clue on prices though :o

Where do you fly from and to ?

• 1 year later...