Free Music N Movement Playgroup

hereata

Hello to all,

I'm a certified Musikgarten teacher (a music and movement program from USA. For more info visit: www.musikgarten.org) and last year gave birth to an adorable son.

I would like to start some music and movement playgroups for my son. Each session will consist of 30minutes activities for parent and child.

Playgroup target: Babies who are around 12-16months old with mum or dad.

Number of participants per group: max 6 babies

Days available: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday

Time: 10:30am-11:00am

Place: Moo Bahn Krang Krung, Tahnon Nonsi, Yanawa (near Tesco Lotus Rama III)

If you would like to join us in this playgroup please let me know your prefered day, something about your child e.g. age etc.

If you have any question regarding this, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Ruth

PS If you're interested in attending other Musikgarten classes (Family Music for Babies - newborn to 15months, Toddlers, Cycles of Season, Music Makers at home and around the World, God's Children Sing, Music Makers for Keyboard), I will be offering these classes some time soon.

Edited by hereata

Hello to all,

I'm a certified Musikgarten teacher (a music and movement program from USA. For more info visit: www.musikgarten.org) and last year gave birth to an adorable son.

I would like to start some music and movement playgroups for my son. Each session will consist of 30minutes activities for parent and child.

If you would like to join us in this playgroup please let me know your prefered day, something about your child e.g. age etc.

Regards,

Ruth

PS If you're interested in attending other Musikgarten classes (Family Music for Babies - newborn to 15months, Toddlers, Cycles of Season, Music Makers at home and around the World, God's Children Sing, Music Makers for Keyboard), I will be offering these classes some time soon.

This sounds great - best wishes with it.

If you ever start one in Chiang Mai our 3 year old will come running, especially for the singing.

There used to be an 'entertainment troup' of very young kids on the small stage in the feeding area of Tesco Lotus here, but first they went, then the stage went. In fact can anyone help me find 'em again??

hi,

As for having classes in Chiang Mai, well, hopefully we'll be able to move to Chiang Mai in a few years time :o These days, we usually go there like once every month for a day to visit some church members there.

Ok .. I'm changing the time and day and add some other details. Anyone interested feel free to PM me or if you have questions, feel free to post here.

Playgroup target: Babies who are around 10-24months who have started to toddle either with help or walk on his/her own with accompaniment of either mum or dad or caregiver who understands English

What we will do each session: 30 minutes of Music and Movement activities from Musikgarten Toddler's Syllabus

Fee: FREE (my only rule is: call one day earlier if you can't make it. If baby/parent is sick, please do not attend)

Duration of playgroup - until my baby is 3yo - when hopefully, I would have restarted other Musikgarten courses

Time: morning (around 9.30-10.30) or afternoon (around 3:45-5:00) Message me your preferred time.

Days available: Weekdays and Saturdays - morning or evening; Sunday (evening only) - let me know the which day/s you are free.

Current Location : Moo Bahn Krang Krung, Tahnon Nonsi, Yanawa (near Tesco Lotus Rama III)

Why am I doing this: I would like my son to experience the Musikgarten (MG) activities in a group settings. Currently, I'm just doing activities with him - he loves them but I would like to have him experience it in a group settings. I've taught MG for quite a number of years and know the benefit of MG Music and Movement. Have yet to start teaching in Bkk.

Ruth

Edited by hereata

Hi, I'm interested.

My son Josiah just turned 10 months old.

We live opposite Bangkok Garden/Sathorn International School.

We would prefer weekdays, maybe from 10 to 11 am though...he takes a nap and wake up only around 10...around 11am he will have his snack, so I think that's the best time.

My husband comes back from school in the afternoon so it's family time after that really.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Was on the move past week/s.

Atm, you're the only one who would like weekdays but it's fine with me. :o Looking at your time preference, I think we can arrange it to start at around 10:15 or 10:30 and end before11:00 then your son can have his snack.

Would you like to start ASAP or would you rather wait until we have more participants?

Hello to all,

Regards,

Ruth

Hi,

my name is Sara and it is my son's second birthday party in two weeks. I am looking for someone to come and do a music class with the kids (different ages between 1 and 3). Would you consider doing something like that? If so, please could you contact me on 0819002422. Thank you

Hi Sara,

About conducting music class with kids 1-3 at your son's b'day party, I've some questions:

1) How many children are attending?

2) Will the parents take part? The current music and movement sessions that I've done with children these ages are those that have parents participating. If it's ages 3 1/2 and above, then just the children.

3) What time would you like the music class?

Regards,

Ruth

Hi,

my name is Sara and it is my son's second birthday party in two weeks. I am looking for someone to come and do a music class with the kids (different ages between 1 and 3). Would you consider doing something like that? If so, please could you contact me on 0819002422. Thank you

Hi Sara,

About conducting music class with kids 1-3 at your son's b'day party, I've some questions:

1) How many children are attending?

2) Will the parents take part? The current music and movement sessions that I've done with children these ages are those that have parents participating. If it's ages 3 1/2 and above, then just the children.

3) What time would you like the music class?

Regards,

Ruth

Hi,

Wow .. that was quick!! We should have about sixteen kids there, but a couple are just babies so won't be participating. The class would be around 4pm on the 28th Sept, at our Condo's playroom. At least one parent will be there with their child and I am sure that they will participate. Perhaps if we could meet and discuss it then I would have a better idea of how it works and you would have a better idea of what we are looking for?

Hi Sara,

Sounds great.

One more question - forgot to ask that earlier. Where are you staying?

Is the condo's playroom big enough for all - parents and children to move around e.g. dancing etc..???

Regards,

Ruth

Wow .. that was quick!! We should have about sixteen kids there, but a couple are just babies so won't be participating. The class would be around 4pm on the 28th Sept, at our Condo's playroom. At least one parent will be there with their child and I am sure that they will participate. Perhaps if we could meet and discuss it then I would have a better idea of how it works and you would have a better idea of what we are looking for?

Hi Sara,

Sounds great.

Is the condo's playroom big enough for all - parents and children to move around e.g. dancing etc..???

Regards,

Ruth

Hi ... Yes, it is quite a large room. Perhaps if we meet at our place then you can have a look at it for yourself and let us know if we need to move anything?

regards,

Sara

Hi Sara,

Sounds great.

Regards,

Ruth

Hi ... Yes, it is quite a large room. Perhaps if we meet at our place then you can have a look at it for yourself and let us know if we need to move anything?

regards,

Sara

We live in Chitlom, in President Place Condos which is situation in between the Intercontinental Hotel and the Holiday Inn on Ploenchit Road (next to Gaysorn Plaza and very close to Central World). If you come into the entrance for the intercontinental hotel, and continue on straight our Condo is directly in front of you. We are flat 704. I am free tomorrow morning around 11? If not then Thursday and Friday morning and afternoon too.

UPDATES:

This is our current stats for the Music and Movement:

Day: Saturday

Time: sometime around 10am-11am

Date of commencement: Nov or Dec (looking at current participants, if you guys can make it in Oct, we can have one or two sessions in Oct.)

Participants:

1. Ruth and Shyntai (boy)- confirmed

2. Sally and Livvy (girl)- confirmed

3. Vicki and Austin (boy)- confirmed

4. Mel and Finn (boy)- confirmed

5. Caroline and Caelin (girl)- confirmed

6. Vicki's friend - yet to confirm

Weekday - day to be confirmed

Time: around 10am - 11am

Participants

1. Ruth and Shyntai - confirmed

2. Maple and Josiah - confirmed

3. Maple's friend (b0y) - yet to confirm

4. Slot Still Open

5. Slot Still Open

6. Slot Still Open

Edited by hereata

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Ruth,

I just wanted to thank you for the fantastic music class you conducted for my son's birthday party. All of the children really loved it, and my son especially. It really made a huge difference to the party. All of the parents there commented that it was such a lovely thing to do. It was definitely the highlight of the party. Thank you again. We can't wait for you to start up the classes on a permanent basis!!

Look forward to start our lessons too :o

Right now I'm free Mon, Wed, Fri mornings!!!

Ruth, Are you and your baby interested in coming to a parents & Tots group at 10.15-12.00 on the 1st &3rd Thur of the month at Christ Church, Convent Rd?

We do some singing, crafts and tea break with parents and our little ones!

ps-if anyone else is interested, please do join us!

Dear Ruth,

I just wanted to thank you for the fantastic music class you conducted for my son's birthday party. All of the children really loved it, and my son especially. It really made a huge difference to the party. All of the parents there commented that it was such a lovely thing to do. It was definitely the highlight of the party. Thank you again. We can't wait for you to start up the classes on a permanent basis!!

Hi Sara,

It has been a pleasure to conduct the music and movement class at your son's b'day party. :o Glad everyone enjoy it.

Update on Free Music and Movement Playgroup

Time: 10:30am

Date of commencement: 1st Nov, 2008

Participants:

3. Mel and Finn (boy)- confirmed

4. Caroline and Caelin (girl)- confirmed

5. Leona (Vicki's friend) - yet to confirm

6. Slot open

=============================================================================

Day: Thursday

Date of Commencement: 16th October, 2008 (will reconfirm again)

Participants

2. Maple and Josiah (boy)- confirmed

3. Maple's friend (boy) - yet to confirm

4. Sara and Laith (boy) - confirmed

5. Slot Open

6. Slot Open

Those interested in joining, please PM me or post here. Thanks.

Edited by hereata

Anyways, those who are interested in attending Musikgarten classes, I hope to offer these classes sometime soon - hopefully in Jan 2009. Location for the classes has yet to be confirmed.

Those interested to attend a Free Preview, please send me a PM or post here your name, contact details and which program you're interested in. When I'm ready to start classes, I'll contact you guys. Thanks.

These are some info on the classes that I'll be offering:

Family Music For Babies (Newborn – 18 months)

Designed for parents and their babies to attend together. These sessions help you to play musically with your baby through bouncing and rocking songs, wiggle and peek-a-boo games, dancing, moving and singing. Music play activities are designed to increase your child’s curiosity about music, to develop listening skills and a sense of beat, and to establish the foundation for singing and musical thought.

Family Music For Toddlers (15 months – 3 1/2 years)

Participate with your toddler in singing, chanting, moving, dancing, listening and playing simple instruments – while developing a strong musical bond with your child. Through activities that bridge the natural connection between music and movement, your child’s musical aptitude and listening abilities are enhanced and further developed.

Cycles of Seasons (3 - 5 years)

Celebrate your child’s love of nature and growing independence through activities which focus on the seasons of the year. Classes are designed to build attention, self-expression and include singing, chanting, moving, focused listening, musical games, exploring musical instruments, creative movement and story telling. Lay a strong foundation for future music learning.

Music Makers (4 - 8years)

Includes singing, creative and structured movement, playing instruments and ensemble work, ear training and guided listening, as well as a developmentally sound approach to music literacy that builds symbolic thinking, concentration, memory, and self-expression.

Music Makers At the Keyboard (5 1/2 - 9 years)

Musikgarten children come to the piano ready to play the songs they have learned to sing, dance and love. Small group lessons at the keyboard capitalize on your child’s delight in making music with others and allow the children to gallop through the beginning keyboard levels with delight.

*** I'm also offering Birthday Party Music and Movement Activities - for more info, please send me a PM or post here.

Latest Update on Free Music and Movement Playgroup

Date of commencement: 1st Nov, 2008 or 8th Nov ( will reconfirm again)

Participants:

6. Sonya and Aiden - yet to confirm

Since there are 2 that has yet to confirm, those interested to attend the Saturday playgroup can still sign up.

Day: Thursday

Date of Commencement: 16th October, 2008 (will reconfirm again)

Participants

3. Maple's friend (boy) - yet to confirm

4. Sara and Laith (boy) - confirmed

5. Slot Open

6. Slot Open

Update on FREE Musikgarten Playgroup (www.musikgarten.org) - Conducted by Certified Musikgarten Teacher

FREE = no strings attached. I just want my son to have musikgarten classes in a group setting.

Weekend Class: Saturday

Participants:

Since there are 2 that has yet to confirm, those interested to attend the Saturday playgroup can still sign up.

Weekday class

Date of Commencement: 16th October, 2008

Participants

3. Chrissy and Isle (boy) - confirmed

4. Pook and Sana - confirmed

5. Sara and Laith (boy) - confirmed (start in Jan)

6. Slot Open

7. Slot Open

• 2 weeks later...
Update on FREE Musikgarten Playgroup (www.musikgarten.org) - Conducted by Certified Musikgarten Teacher

FREE = no strings attached. I just want my son to have musikgarten classes in a group setting.

Weekend Class: Saturday

Participants:

Weekday class

Date of Commencement: 16th October, 2008

Participants

3. Chrissy and Isle (boy) - confirmed

4. Pook and Sana - confirmed

5. Sara and Laith (boy) - confirmed (start in Jan)

6. Slot Open

7. Slot Open

Hi Ruth:

How are you?

Did you get my email on 16th?

After calling you, my mobile phone died. Then my son was in a bad mood (usually he's a very happy boy), I guess maybe because he didn't have his nap yet at that time. So we went and put him to bed after writing you a brief email apologizing. Only saw your text that evening. But then it was too late to call I thought...

This week, Chrissy is going to Chiangmai, she and Isle only come back next week.

Do you only want to have the class when there's at least 4 babies?

Are you free to have a drink at Central RAMA 3 sometime this week?

Thank you for your understanding.

Update of Music and Movement Playgroup:

Date of Commencement: 1st November, 2008

Time: 10:30-11:00 am

Confirmed Participants:

1. Ruth and Shyntai

2. Sally and Livvy

3. Caroline and Caelin

4. Melanie and Finn

5. Shona and Aidan

Those interested in attending, we still have one spot available. PM me your contact details and child's age.

These are the requirements:

Age of baby - 10-24months - Baby should be able to walk either on his own or walk with help

If you can't make it, please inform me 1 day ahead. If baby or parent is sick please do not attend (but let me know via phone in advance)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

Saturday Playgroup Time: 4:00pm-4:30pm

There's one slot open - those interested in attending, please contact me for details.

=========================

Bangna Free Playgroup

Day: Weekday (day to be reconfirm)

Time: 10:30-11:00

Date of Commencement: January, 2008 (exact date to be reconfirmed)

Participants:

1. Ruth and Shyntai

2. Pina and Prompt

3. Slot Open

4. Slot Open

5. Slot Open