PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

If this action by PAD causes the price of beer to rise in the capital there is going to be hel_l to pay!

I know that some here on Thai Visa want to compare this situation (perhaps a revolution) to famous communist coups around the world since the 1950's. I prefer to compare PAD to that once infamous German Army corporal, Adolf Hitler.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) is using scare tactics to mold the opinion of the uninformed populace to their own ends. While complaining and pointing fingers at the elected government about anything and everything they refuse to negotiate on any subject and simply call for an end to present government rule. Sound familiar? Same thing happened two years ago which led to a coup d'état and the ousting of a seated, elected government.

This is nothing new. Many of us remember from our history lessons that back in the 1930's Europe they had their own PAD saying exactly the same thing about the seated government. The Nazi Party used the economic hardships suffered by the Germans to grab power. Adolph Hitler and his ilk fooled the German people into joining their extreme and radical movement to overthrow the government.

Like the Nazi's in Germany PAD has no business in a civilized Thai society. They are trampling on the peoples consciences and revising history to suit their own ends. These extreme, unconscionable leaders are master manipulators, preying on the weak, drunk with power and serve no constructive purpose. It is time to put an end to the madness and remove PAD and their self-serving leaders. They have had their fifteen minutes in the spotlight and have fooled innocent Thai people long enough.

IMHO

Good post, :o:D:D the in numbers insignificant PAD is causing massive damage to Thailand's Economic development, and not to mention really dangerous situations concerning relations with Cambodia whipping up national hysteria over old temple ruins that Thailand have no chance ever to gain control over since international court rulings already have given the control to Cambodia.

Sohndi Lithmongul or whatever his name is, is himself according to international sources a swindler of foreign partners to the tune of billions of Baht, not to mention the direct cause of Bangkok Bank loosing hundreds of millions of Baht causing the sacking of the head of the Bank. His totally private vendetta against Thaksin his family and all that associate with same is dangerously disturbing the order of Thailands frail democracy and is as such in itself a criminal offence.

I am constantly very negativly suprised and disturbed by the numbers of allegdely well educated farangs on Thai Visa that support the robbing of the Thai people´s freedom in favour of dictatorship, however flawed a democracy is it will still always be the better solution and is ultimately the only way forward.

Regards. :D

Excellent post larvidchr

You are right, it's a question of peace or war in this part of South East Asia.

Against Cambodia for sure but also civil war.

Edited by geovalin

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one word for the PAD. SCUM. People who do not understand how democracy work. people who prevent hundreds of thousands of people from going to work and make a living.

When ill the government and the courts seize the money used to pay these professional protestors. it is obvious that they have never ever worked themselves. They are for hire. Cutting electricity in a BTS station is not only illegal it is dangerous and endagers lives. They need to be sentenced to life inprisonment

Will people on this forum in general, and on this thread in particular, desist from using that word. It is deeply offensive and rude in the extreme coming from someone who doesn't speak a word of the local language attempting to describe civilians of the country in which they are a guest. Ignorant in the extreme.

Peaceful protesters are OK, people that use force, arm themselves and break laws are scum. And who says we don't speak the lingo, never assume.

it's very far off. i'm not aware of the PAD advocating genocide and attempting to wipe out the jewish race. well, not yet at least.

The way people who support the PAD talk without end of the "Thai Chinese elite" (what ever that means), we are not that far ...

Thaksin and Samak are Chinese

Sondhi and Chamlong are Chinese

so who want to do what??

These people are a pain in the arse. Protests never solve anything.

Learn history......From France, Russia to Cuba and and and all was done by protests....

and, of course, the Boston Tea Party never amounted to much - according to some, it led to the birth of the world's best democracy, the Long March also according to some led to the birth of the world's largest democracy.

we also should remember that modern India was the result of Gandhi's protests!!!

Preplanned Shenanigans by the corrupt PAD. :o Anyone wonder how these muppet protesters can be constantly off work???

Didn't you know they represent the middle class. Obviously the middle class is busy collecting rent rather than actually doing anything constructive. Although looking at the amount of men who look like At Carabao, I would simply say they are very mislead people with bad taste in music.

Strange that this has been going on for nearly 3 hours now, but no mention yet on BBC, Sky, CNN, etc. I suppose they are all still fast asleep?

Why bother to even cover. Nothing will change. They are all corrupt and want their fingers in the pie

The citizens of Thailand have more rights to fight for their rights than a load of uncultured keyboard pounders. You should apprciate the fight regardless of the reason.

Still lots for you to understand Luke.

:o

Edited by ilyushin

PAD protesters storming Metropolitan Police

At 11.15 am, protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy have broken passed the headquarters gate of Metropolitan Police Bureau on Sri Ayutthaya Road.

Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt General Asawin Kwanmuang is trying to negotiate with protesters to back out of the police commound and not raid the headquarters building.

The Nation

SPEECHLESS!

At 11.15 am, protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy have broken passed the headquarters gate of Metropolitan Police Bureau on Sri Ayutthaya Road.

Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt General Asawin Kwanmuang is trying to negotiate with protesters to back out of the police commound and not raid the headquarters building.

The Nation

SPEECHLESS!

Negotiate !! They should be busting heads.

The Nation

SPEECHLESS!

They are going to Far Now !!!!! :o:D:D:D:D:(:D:P

The Nation

SPEECHLESS!

You are quite the aggressive type aren't you?

Testestorone levels flying high?

The Nation

SPEECHLESS!

You sicken me.

The Nation

SPEECHLESS!

You sicken me.

Yeah sorry, you're right, let them do what they want, hold workers hostage and smash stuff up. :o

There is only one word for the PAD. SCUM. People who do not understand how democracy work. people who prevent hundreds of thousands of people from going to work and make a living.

When ill the government and the courts seize the money used to pay these professional protestors. it is obvious that they have never ever worked themselves. They are for hire. Cutting electricity in a BTS station is not only illegal it is dangerous and endagers lives. They need to be sentenced to life inprisonment

Will people on this forum in general, and on this thread in particular, desist from using that word. It is deeply offensive and rude in the extreme coming from someone who doesn't speak a word of the local language attempting to describe civilians of the country in which they are a guest. Ignorant in the extreme.

Peaceful protesters are OK, people that use force, arm themselves and break laws are scum. And who says we don't speak the lingo, never assume.

Amusing comment in view of your footer... (Are you bringing any weapons? Of course not. You're not changing anything.)

Edited by Phil Conners

These people are a pain in the arse. Protests never solve anything.

Learn history......From France, Russia to Cuba and and and all was done by protests....

Yeah, but they were "popular" uprisings by the ordinary guy in the street. This is just one bunch of rich bastards trying to usurp another bunch of rich bastards. The danger will arise when Somchai from Nakhon Nowhere gets involved, that's the time to worry. At the moment though I don't see ordinary Somchai's showing much interest.

Amusing comment in view of your footer... (Are you bringing any weapons? Of course not. You're not changing anything.)

War is different.

Sorry to ask about this at a sad moment in Thailand, but does all of this chaos help us farang with the exchange rate for baht and our currencies? I think it does. If so...keep protesting until the sun refuses to shine. Democracy is a beautiful thing!!!

SEE EVERYONE ON FRIDAY AT GULLIVERS UNLESS WE HAVE A CURFEW.

The Nation

SPEECHLESS!

You are quite the aggressive type aren't you?

Testestorone levels flying high?

Probably been here a few months and had to leave his home for fighting over a parking spot.

:o

sorry but you come across as a complete idiot. were the police to react in that way, the violence would escalate and there'd be a catastrophe at hand. and people would die.

Who is behind these holigans and paying them? I believe its against the law to advocate the overthrough of the government.

It actually is treason, what they are doing is against the law. Samak has to be firm and show his power today. Let them know who is in charge of the country. Enough is enough.

sorry but you come across as a complete idiot. were the police to react in that way, the violence would escalate and there'd be a catastrophe at hand. and people would die.

Apology accepted.

Who is behind these holigans and paying them? I believe its against the law to advocate the overthrough of the government.

It actually is treason, what they are doing is against the law. Samak has to be firm and show his power today. Let them know who is in charge of the country. Enough is enough.

Too late. Samak's power has been usurped. The rest will be history which is being written as we speak.

I am concerned that so many people here are using short term thinking in regard to what is happening. Thaksin was more corrupt but so were other Prime Ministers. I suppose size matters to some. Most of the previous military PM's fled after stripping the nation's coffers. Going back to the 30's, if my memory of Thai history serves me, the forerunners of the Democrat party were found to have looted royal palaces after the coup. Chamlong himself was once royally rebuked for his involvement in the last bloody protests in Bangkok. The man has an ego, as does Sonthi, and that is what is leading us down this road once again. using corruption as the reason is a poor conceit.

Apology accepted.

i wasn't apologising to you. that was for the rest of the forum's benefit.

Anyone willing to give (or provide a link) summarizing the main political parties in Thailand and what their platforms are? I'm afraid I'm not too up on PPP vs PAD vs whatever, and thought it might help me put this in perspective. No need to get into scandals or matters of opinion, just an overview of what they stand for.

This is the point. They do not appear to have platforms in the traditional sense. They are all out for themselves. This is the Thai way of seeing things and (tragically) the ordinary Thai sees nothing wrong with it. I just hope to God things eventually change.