PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One good thing to come out of this is my neighbors are protesting and for the last few days we haven't had to put up with the smell of their stinky cooking. Nice !

What about you move back to where you come from, if you don't like your neighbors or their cooking? I do believe they were here first, ey?

If all the PAD protesters are such scum, funny to see the backing they have in politics and all other. And I DO find it highly offensive to generalize such, as plenty of my staff are good and honest people, and they also support the PAD.

Some of you guys are such idiots... You should move back to whereever you come from, or head of to Soi Cowboy... Its usually there you find retards like you...

Actually we were here first but thanks for your input. You sound like a well rounded individual. Have a nice life.

One good thing to come out of this is my neighbors are protesting and for the last few days we haven't had to put up with the smell of their stinky cooking. Nice !

What about you move back to where you come from, if you don't like your neighbors or their cooking? I do believe they were here first, ey?

If all the PAD protesters are such scum, funny to see the backing they have in politics and all other. And I DO find it highly offensive to generalize such, as plenty of my staff are good and honest people, and they also support the PAD.

Some of you guys are such idiots... You should move back to whereever you come from, or head of to Soi Cowboy... Its usually there you find retards like you...

Totally agree, too many farang idiots

no they are not idiots....they are paid for posting....Got told it is a Hongkong company who is doing that.

I think he was trying to be funny and apparently you can't take a joke with your foolish "move back" comment. Secondly if the PAD have such a good backing why can't they win an election the fair way. If your staff is so good why are they out with the law breaking PAD? The PAD needs to move back to China if they don't like to live in a Democracy. North Korea would be a good choice for them also.

Edited by JoeInSurin

I wonder, does Thailand have water cannon for riot control like other nations ? or perhaps Samak couldn't get a "back-hander" for them when he was governor ?

Anyway seems like there is an opportunity here now for their supply.

Yes, they do, but the police are under instructions not to use them yet.

ASTV/PAD now reporting that Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and others are inspecting the Makawan rally area.

Wow what a clear and hard move of Abhisit.....Hope he does not risk too much.....

When will they have a clear position?? Either Samak or PAD...

I think he was trying to be funny and apparently you can't take a joke with your foolish "move back" comment. Secondly if the PAD have such a good backing why can't they win an election the fair way. If your staff is so good why are they out with the law breaking PAD? The PAD needs to move back to China if they don't like to live in a Democracy. North Korea would be a good choice for them also.

Well when his wonderful young staff wake up and realise that their vote is worth as much as one in China maybe they will shed a tear.

I wonder, does Thailand have water cannon for riot control like other nations ? or perhaps Samak couldn't get a "back-hander" for them when he was governor ?

ASTV/PAD now reporting that Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and others are inspecting the Makawan rally area.

Wow what a clear and hard move of Abhisit.....Hope he does not risk too much.....

Samak has a position, Barak Obama has a clearer plan for the future than the PAD

You are probably blinded by your surin family or friends. Toxsin friend

phuket airport blocked by about 500 protesters only letting foreigners walk to the airport and the say they are blocking it after 3pm so if you got a flight to catch better get packing quick !

Now how do these people think this will help their cause?

I would also like to draw your attention to a previous post, which described how three journalists were threatened by PAD guards. Those incidents are so common there, that most journalists don't even bother anymore to complain to PAD leaders.

I myself have been threatened twice tonight by those guards for doing my job, which is extremely intimidating, being surrounded by these thugs with metal bars and batons.

So thank you very much for your comment, and please, if you only intend to aggravate me - then please don't comment anymore to my posts. I am tired, pissed off, haven't slept yet, and might have to get back to the mess soon again.

that's fine... go get some sleep... I wouldn't want you to miss out on the "scoop" of the police busting through the gates like they did the first night of the Government House saga... which you obviously missed, but yet still denied it even happened and I definitely won't ask how you saw the hidden knives if they were hidden because I don't wish to aggravate you .

It would seem that the PADisters are running out of serious debate, e.g. now that ex-General Pallop is to be their leader-in-waiting, with his record of massacres and his proud boast that he had been personally responsible for "many, many" extra-judicial killings, will they still harp on endlessly about the drugs war? Every damned politician in this crazy country seems to have caught out acting corruptly and avoiding their taxes or even turning a blind eye to police brutality, but few will be able to match his personal involvement in killing his fellow countrymen.

SJ, you've been very vocal (as you have every right to be!) on the drugs extra-judicial killings, and on the slaughter of protesters in the South by the army - you even posted a photo and a quip of that on this thread (blame Thaksin!). How do you now feel to have this killer as your new leader?

phuket airport blocked by about 500 protesters only letting foreigners walk to the airport and the say they are blocking it after 3pm so if you got a flight to catch better get packing quick !

Last I heard was Hadyai airport, Phuket airport as well :o ?

Samak has a position, Barak Obama has a clearer plan for the future than the PAD

you mixed up your two paid jobs....

your job: posting for the republicans is at a different forum, here you get paid for posting evil things about PAD

I don't like Samak. I like Democracy and a stable government. I believe that PAD should work to win the next election and not disrupt the whole country. I didn't vote for Bush in the US and can't stand him but I would never advocate the Democrats taking over the White House and Congress just because they lost. If the PAD protest was peaceful and within the law then good for them to voice their opinion. That is Democracy. Don't you think that PAD has taken things a little to far?

Edited by JoeInSurin

Last I heard was Hadyai airport, Phuket airport as well :o ?

Any chance they can close swampy so I don't have to go to work next week?

you mixed up your two paid jobs....

your job: posting for the republicans is at a different forum, here you get paid for posting evil things about PAD

I won't take that personally, other than to wonder if I touched a nerve by expressing an opinion?

_44965151_protesters_b226_afp.jpg

Thailand still have someway to go in this event ...

_40087392_gurn203.jpggurning.jpg

What is the purpose of this post in the context of what should be a pretty serious discussion? I am no fan of the PAD- but this kind of stuff has no place here- by posting this you lower yourself to the level of those who suggest that anybody who disagrees with them is a paid stooge of the government.

I don't like Samak. I like Democracy and a stable government. I believe that PAD should work to win the next election and not disrupt the whole country. I didn't vote for Bush in the US and can't stand him but I would never advocate the Democrats taking over the White House and Congress just because they lost. If the PAD protest was peacefull and within the law then good for them to voice there opinion. That is Democracy. Don't you think that PAD has taken things a little to far?

I understand you now but I'm afraid that the PAD doesn't have the money to win an election. In the north east the kamnans and the monks are paid by toxsin and friends. The PAd is peaceful compared to the tugs hired by samak and friends last time in Udon.

What is the purpose of this post in the context of what should be a pretty serious discussion? I am no fan of the PAD- but this kind of stuff has no place here- by posting this you lower yourself to the level of those who suggest that anybody who disagrees with them is a paid stooge of the government.

Agreed the level of hate and stupidity on this thread is ridiculous

On NBT, Pallop confirms that if Chamlong is arrested, he will take Chamlong's place.

Ah, the true nature of the beast is beginning to show! Heaven help dear Thailand if that man ever becomes PAD's appointed Prime Minister!

first time i can agree with your choice of foe. i detest the likes of pallop. but:

1. to my knowledge the pad is not planning to build a new government and pm, just oust the incompetent incumbents.

Glad we can agree on something! As I said before, I think most people here do share a common love for this Country, and each in their own way is seeking what they feel is best for Thailand.

Sadly, the New Politics of Sondhi clearly sets out his goal of a new 70/30 appointed/elected parliament, and people like Pallop, if he's riding the triumphant wave of leading the overthrow of the Government just don't have a habit of walking away into retirement. No, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll demand the top job, and from his past record he'll not be afraid of disposing of anyone, friend or foe, who stands in his way.

I hope for the sake of all that my prophesy is wrong, I NEVER want to have to post "I told you so" in this forum.

I don't know why you come again and again with that appointed parliament which is in that way you tell it simply not true.

Really??

Bloomberg

BKK POst

Never brought up so far here is Sondhi's most interesting idea from the BK Post.

In part, the answer for the PAD lies in who controls the military. An important feature of Mr Sondhi's speech that went unreported in the press was the proposal to take the Ministry of Defence out of government control and place it under the Crown. At a time when Thailand is urgently facing the need to institutionalise its politics around public rules, the PAD is proposing to formally enhance the power of the monarchy.

It has some startling significances now, and longer term.

Postulating ideas is not the same as actually putting them into action.

Academics say many things, thoughts can make us see many possibilities.

If one pushes against a bull one must often move as if intending to move farther

than we actully intend to go. When pushing against someone who will inevitable

try and push back, sometimes it's best to push farther than we intend,

so that when it gets pushed back on it rests ABOUT where we hoped for.

PAD got rid of Thaksin and Sondhi didn't run for office,

He didn't do more than move to the sidelines,

until it became apparent what Thaksin's minions were up to for the 2nd round.

So he started pushing against seeing that the original move was being erased.

So the rhetoric of new government has escalated, as it logically would.

But where they want to end up, and how to get there as things are

'On The Ground', are two different animals. both in a state of flux

jockying for advantage with many unknowns in

a 80 years post feudal society that we can barely grasp.

PAD is pushing back hard because Thaksin's machine pushed back.

BOTH sides are playing hardball now.

Still not bothering to read your posts if you cannot grasp simple easy to read layout.

I think it is silly to start a discussion on how posts must be formated so you bother to read them....

Please stay on the topic.

Half of my wife's immediate family are now en route to Bangkok courtsy of PAD. They have no interest in politics, but the offer of a free bus ride and free food for a week was too good to turn down. I'm sure they will show their face at the rally/occupation site(s), but will basically have a weeks holiday enjoying the city of angels. Thaksin buys votes to get into government. PAD buys supporters for a "popular" uprising. Which is more corrupt? If you want free and fair elections, buy a plane ticket to a country not situated in Asia.

Or maybe I had no political point to make and just posted it because I found it amusing?

Call me a paid stooge of the government all you like, but I'm no fan of Samak, PPP, Thaksin, or TRT. I'm no fan of PAD either, I really don't understand why people on here are taking sides, they're both as bad as each other. It's just a powerplay between elites, neither care about Thailand, only themselves.

Edited by konangrit