PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

The PR value of the picture of the policeman pointing a rifle at a protestor at point blank range is very high

and the discovered weapons cache at Parliament house too!

And the PAD's cache of golf clubs, wood clubs, ball bearings, boards with nails in them and semi-automatic hand guns too.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the police action was filmed/photographed from the UN building. It seems TV reports mostly indicate they showed police brutality with a lesser amount of it given back, which fits with what we have seen so far.

Of course the pics of old people being pushed by police, let alone being hit, are enough to cause anger in a lot of Thai people where respect for the old is high. I note now that the crowd that was intially broken looked to be mostly old men and women but now it looks like crowds of younger people are gathering.

(BangkokPost.com) - Core leader of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) Sondhi Limthongkul called on his supporters living throughout the country to come into Bangkok as quickly as they can and join the anti-government rally at the Government House.

Mr Sondhi called Friday the "judgment day" and that the group would not let anyone to dictate them.

"Today is the judgment day," he said. "We will not let anyone to order us what to do. We will win."

I thought Wednesday was judgement day?

Or is this actually judgement week?

If it lasts until Monday does that make it judgement month?

When did Sondhi get made a judge anyhow?

Judge and Jury at the moment it would appear. This is coming to a head tonight. If the stories of Newin leaving are true, there may be a mass exodus very soon. let's wait and see.

Newin may be fleeing or he may be going to respectfully tell Thaksin why he is pulling his faction to another side. Lets wait and see. This does look like it is coming to a head.

PAD has always hoped for a violent response so as to play the victim role and induce military intervention.

PADs level of provocation this time is and has been quite extreme. I am sure they will milk the victim role for all its worth while all the time asking for more.

After trawling through 73 pages of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the gulf, nay chasm, between farang mindset and Thai thinking is insurmountable.

The PAD are NOT some small local difficulty which will go away. Indeed, they are not, as has been posited on this thread verbatim, merely representative of the 'Thai elite'. They have a massive following amongst the 'ordinary' Thai - how many 'elites' in your home countries have ever had the backing of the unions :o , and will prevail.

I personally worry for their proposals for an unelected parliament. However. They will most certainly win and the Samak government, such as it was, is history. I would say by tomorrow teatime.

Over and out. Adieu. La gon.

The PR value of the picture of the policeman pointing a rifle at a protestor at point blank range is very high

and the discovered weapons cache at Parliament house too!

More like the remembered cache of weapons.

Hey we forgot about all the guns!!!

I bet some guards seargent has been trying to work this info up the

hear nor evil, see no evil, tell me what i want to hear, chain of command

for a few days, until it dawned on somebody, that these might not be best left there...

DUH! :o

Half of my wife's immediate family are now en route to Bangkok courtsy of PAD. They have no interest in politics, but the offer of a free bus ride and free food for a week was too good to turn down. I'm sure they will show their face at the rally/occupation site(s), but will basically have a weeks holiday enjoying the city of angels. Thaksin buys votes to get into government. PAD buys supporters for a "popular" uprising. Which is more corrupt? If you want free and fair elections, buy a plane ticket to a country not situated in Asia.

And the chance of getting a cracked skull , maybe even killed for a week's worth of meals and a bus ride?

You are uninformed or lying about your in-laws political interests or they are f*&56 stupid.

I ll believe this when Thaksin crawls on his knees in front of Sondhi.

You are lying or your in-laws are f*&56 stupid.

SJ, I thought it was against TV rules to flame fellow TV members?

Where are you ?

Why did you edit out the real juicy part? :o

I'm not afraid of what I posted, his post makes no sense.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Half of my wife's immediate family are now en route to Bangkok courtsy of PAD. They have no interest in politics, but the offer of a free bus ride and free food for a week was too good to turn down. I'm sure they will show their face at the rally/occupation site(s), but will basically have a weeks holiday enjoying the city of angels. Thaksin buys votes to get into government. PAD buys supporters for a "popular" uprising. Which is more corrupt? If you want free and fair elections, buy a plane ticket to a country not situated in Asia.

And the chance of getting a cracked skull , maybe even killed for a week's worth of meals and a bus ride?

You are lying or your in-laws political interests or they are f*&56 stupid.

I ll believe this when Thaksin crawls on his knees in front of Sondhi.

the usual non sense...recall when they claimed that the super rich sondhi is paying everyone......

it is so obvious that these people here have a job to post day and night about the evil PAD and the good things their hero is doing....

Any photographer will tell you that picture was shot at night, wake up.

It is clearly not from this rally, they are all holding plastic hands to clap louder, not Thai flags,

Unsure. Click on "properties" and see the dates.

An interesting image, no matter when the photo was taken.

After trawling through 73 pages of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the gulf, nay chasm, between farang mindset and Thai thinking is insurmountable.

The PAD are NOT some small local difficulty which will go away. Indeed, they are not, as has been posited on this thread verbatim, merely representative of the 'Thai elite'. They have a massive following amongst the 'ordinary' Thai - how many 'elites' in your home countries have ever had the backing of the unions :o , and will prevail.

I personally worry for their proposals for an unelected parliament. However. They will most certainly win and the Samak government, such as it was, is history. I would say by tomorrow teatime.

Over and out. Adieu. La gon.

The unions back them because they are against privatization and even want PTT's privatization canceled. Do we want a bunch that will take Thailand down the path that Chavez has taken Venezuela down running the country.

I just watched the police beat up a read cross worker and some women without provocation on TV

What is a "read cross worker"?

This government is toast, no matter if you right wing captitalists like it or not LOL

What is a "captitalists" ?

It's too bad the PPP followers can't get together and stage a counter protest. With them actually having a life and having to work for a living it seems they don't have the free time to protest like the fat priviledged PAD.

What does "priviledged" mean ?

57059111DPM050_protest-721804.jpg

Where did you get that picture and when was it shot?

PS, I 've saved the pic and it's file name which you forgot to rename. :o

How dare you address Sylviex in that manner, Clifton!

I can see that you'll make a wonderful right-hand man for your new leader General Pallop. :D

Abhisit asks police to allow ambulances to pick up injured protesters

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva went to the Metropolitan Police head office at 3 pm to ask its chief to allow ambulances to access Government House.

Abhisit told Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt Gen Asawin Kwanmuag that many protesters were injured because police's raid so ambulances should be allowed to take them to hospitals.

Asawin promised to allow ambulances to take the injured protesters to hospitals.

The Nation

Credit to Abhisit and Assawin

I just watched the police beat up a read cross worker and some women without provocation on TV

This government is toast, no matter if you right wing captitalists like it or not LOL

It's too bad the PPP followers can't get together and stage a counter protest. With them actually having a life and having to work for a living it seems they don't have the free time to protest like the fat priviledged PAD.

oooohhhhh i love it i love it i love it hows that taste joel?

It is clearly not from this rally, they are all holding plastic hands to clap louder, not Thai flags,

So, that picture is not of a child standing in the crowd today.

Thank you. :o

Any pics of funny faces to mock her as well?

Edited by Tony Clifton

However, totally out of context of what is happening today, very misleading indeed so please stop it.

I wouldn't lower myself to be seen with the low life PAD mob for a free trip to Hawaii. I can not understand how people that like PAD can agree with an unlawful protest and breaking the law. If they had not broken in the government buildings and taken over NBT and been carrying weapons it would have been a good protest and they would have got their message across. How can the PAD supporters advocate breaking the law?? I am not against the PAD but I could never advocate what they are doing.

Edited by JoeInSurin

PS, I 've saved the pic and it's file name which you forgot to rename. :o

The photo was on a blog from BKK. I will try to remember which.

Why would I rename the photo ?

I checked the date because I was unsure if the photo was current. The dates suggested it was, but possibly it is not. I was not intending to deceive. It remains an interesting image with its own integrity.

I am not really taking sides on this issue; mainly view it as a human drama that reveals much about Thailand. I do feel the PAD are beginning to look silly -- what point in taking over the airports and draining police resources ?

Edited by sylviex

TNN reporting that Newin is on a plane to leave but the unions have detained his bag!

ROTFLOL if so, I LOVE good irony.

That picture was takening by David Paul Morris, it is on his site of uploads.

He is a world traveling pro with a seriously great eye.

The last reference of him being in Bangkok was fashion week 2006.

So it could be from the 1st PAD rallies in 2006

No references to 2008 in Thailand at all.

By the way, it IS copyrighted and I suspect he would not be

pleased at it's current usage for derision of her parents.

If it is an old picture they were doing a safe thing.

I did NOT copy it here for that reason,

even though it is a LOVELY picture.

Let's have a pic of Newin looking for his bags.

Edited by animatic

do the thai people want democracy or not? i think that the answer is clear. someday perhaps the middle- and upper-class people in this country will be mature enough to accept the results of an election, but they obviously are not up to that level of sophistication yet. they intend continue whining and protesting until they get the government that they want; not the one that the MAJORITY has voted into power (over and over again, i might add). it's truly sad to watch...

all of them should be rounded up and jailed ASAP for trespassing and disturbing the peace.