Best Pizza In Pattaya?

hendrix

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the pizza on walking street. Great Italian food and really good pizza. not cheap but good

Location and name of the place would be helpful for those who are interested.

You mean the picture isn't enough? I mean jeeze.. he took the time to attach a picture to his post.. now you want a name and a location? Some ppl are never happy. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I really like the pizza on walking street. Great Italian food and really good pizza. not cheap but good

Not sure of the name but Next to Teasers gogo, across from Sweethearts gogo giggle.gif

A few shops before La Bocca I noticed another very nice looking restaurant, I think it was called LInda, had a Norwegian flag in the window -- anyone tried that? A JT review perhaps? wink.png

Linda's is good.

I heard the chef quit opened a restaurant right behind Lindas called JoyEnjoy.

Hey, thanks muchly for that tip!

I tried JoyEnjoy for the first time. Delicious food and the main dishes are 100 to 200 baht cheaper than Lindas. Had their fish ball platter; to me this is very similar to French quenelles. Next time, I'll try their bacalao dish. Not easy to find that in town! Yes, the decor is rather dumpy but I don't need the frou frou tourista flourishes of places like Lindas.

BTW, the weekly closing day for Bocca Pizza has changed to closed on Tuesdays instead of closed on Wednesdays. So ... now open on Wednesdays.

Edited by Jingthing

went to La Bocca today to try their pizza.

I must say it is near perfect.

It is just a bit light on the toppings.

There are other nice touches like the small amuse gueules and the fabric napkins.

When the service charge is factored in, the 240 baht pizza is not to cheap anymore, but stays reasonable at 264 baht, but the coke is at 50 baht (55 incl. SC). Bottled beer at 90 baht a (small) bottle is not so funny, especially with the service charge it becomes 99 baht.

conclusion: the excellent pizza and a (small) beer will cost you around 363 baht, which is slightly above what I am prepared to pay for such a meal.

Edited by manarak

pizza hut is great because you always know it will be at there normal average but enjoyable at the same time standard

consistency is the element.Other pizza places allot better but 8 times out of ten beautifull but two times for the rest you get unlucky

me i always get unlucky so i stick with average but always enjoyable standard after hangover and you need bad food to eat

A few shops before La Bocca I noticed another very nice looking restaurant, I think it was called LInda, had a Norwegian flag in the window -- anyone tried that? A JT review perhaps? wink.png

Linda's is good.

I heard the chef quit opened a restaurant right behind Lindas called JoyEnjoy.

Hey, thanks muchly for that tip!

I tried JoyEnjoy for the first time. Delicious food and the main dishes are 100 to 200 baht cheaper than Lindas. Had their fish ball platter; to me this is very similar to French quenelles. Next time, I'll try their bacalao dish. Not easy to find that in town! Yes, the decor is rather dumpy but I don't need the frou frou tourista flourishes of places like Lindas.

BTW, the weekly closing day for Bocca Pizza has changed to closed on Tuesdays instead of closed on Wednesdays. So ... now open on Wednesdays.

A Norwegian friend told me about JoyEnjoy.

One criticism. Their chairs are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever endured.

pizza hut is great because you always know it will be at there normal average but enjoyable at the same time standard

consistency is the element.Other pizza places allot better but 8 times out of ten beautifull but two times for the rest you get unlucky

me i always get unlucky so i stick with average but always enjoyable standard after hangover and you need bad food to eat

sorry, pizza hut is no option for me... I rate what they sell "nearly inedible".

• Like 1

sorry, pizza hut is no option for me... I rate what they sell "nearly inedible".

The real Italian places are a scam.

They don't give free ketchup with their pizza pies like Pizza Hut.

• Like 2

Free ketchup? I hope that's sarcasm.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Free ketchup? I hope that's sarcasm.

oh dear... even I worked that out

Edited by manarak

There are other nice touches like the small amuse gueules and the fabric napkins.

When the service charge is factored in, the 240 baht pizza is not to cheap anymore, but stays reasonable at 264 baht, but the coke is at 50 baht (55 incl. SC). Bottled beer at 90 baht a (small) bottle is not so funny, especially with the service charge it becomes 99 baht.

conclusion: the excellent pizza and a (small) beer will cost you around 363 baht, which is slightly above what I am prepared to pay for such a meal.

Which is normal for a good quality place, in england you pay 75 baht for a decent bottle of water in a place like that. Its a very nice place, clean, friendly, excellent food and worth every penny.

Edited by Phil Conners
Fixed botched quote

Which is normal for a good quality place, in england you pay 75 baht for a decent bottle of water in a place like that. Its a very nice place, clean, friendly, excellent food and worth every penny.

I think we all agree that we don't want Thailand to turn into something comparable with England.

A small Singha at 99 baht is excessive, and the SC leaves a bad aftertaste, especially as I think that the pizza price already generates margin on the pizza itself due to an obviously well done cost calculation.

Now they could leave out the amuse gueules and the bread they bring at the start and replace the fabric tissue with a paper one for the outside tables, this could significantly bring down the price without impacting the overall experience much.

Some restaurants in the west have a regular menu and a "bistro" menu - maybe this is an idea.

Yeah, I don't get the bread and fried thingies they give you as a starter for a PIZZA which is mostly made with dough. Duh. It's daft. Good with another kind of meal, but pizza not so much. They should give you a small SALAD instead if they want to give you anything.

Edited by Jingthing

Yeah, I don't get the bread and fried thingies they give you as a starter for a PIZZA which is mostly made with dough. Duh. It's daft. Good with another kind of meal, but pizza not so much. They should give you a small SALAD instead if they want to give you anything.

Yes. The redundant dough snacks don't go with pizza.

Good though.

Yes. The redundant dough snacks don't go with pizza.

Good though.

i like them but would not object if they changed to a few Italian bread sticks, a nice dip and some veggie crudites

To be clear, yes I think the bread with olive oil is delicious but just not a great mix with pizza. Sure its a nice touch to have something to nibble while waiting for your order. I think the fried things are just OK. Personally, to me not worth the calories. Once a waiter there suggested to me that the 10 percent service charge was for the fried things. That's hilarious considering you can't opt out of it.

Edited by Jingthing

For delivery, New York Pizza - thin crust is a good bet. Choose your own toppings. Problem is that the gal who answers the phone talks too fast and the connection is sometimes poor. The delivery guy is reliable - not ting-tong but professional

Drifters Cafe...went there some nights ago, had a gorgonzola,salami,mozarella pizza. A friend ordered the crab and shrimp pizza, the misses had tom yam koong. One large and a small beer, 830baht. The seafood pizza had faux crab but really fresh and tasty prawns, it was a surprisingly nice combo, I will return. They also do a very nice mince pie (135baht). Very thin crust, not overcooked and perfectly topped. IMO way better than Pizza Big. Bon Appetite.

why some pizza are good?

because pizzaloio doesn't clean his hand.

At NY Pizza House I've seen them take a dirty floor mop and clean the pizza oven between pizzas, but I still order from them.

dam_n.. I didn't need to know that. I have eaten from them quite a bit.

You guys have never worked in a Pizzeria it seems. I have and it's called a "Hearth Mop". It is never used to clean the floor or even touch the floor!!!

It is used to clean the oven and keep the bottom moist. It is used every 10 or 15 minutes depending on how busy the oven is. Some ovens are 5 feet deep and this is the only tool to reach the back. They even use them in wood fire ovens as well.

Google is your friend if you want to learn more.

To be clear, yes I think the bread with olive oil is delicious but just not a great mix with pizza. Sure its a nice touch to have something to nibble while waiting for your order. I think the fried things are just OK. Personally, to me not worth the calories. Once a waiter there suggested to me that the 10 percent service charge was for the fried things. That's hilarious considering you can't opt out of it.

Never a waiter will admit they get the 10%.

why some pizza are good?

because pizzaloio doesn't clean his hand.

At NY Pizza House I've seen them take a dirty floor mop and clean the pizza oven between pizzas, but I still order from them.

dam_n.. I didn't need to know that. I have eaten from them quite a bit.

You guys have never worked in a Pizzeria it seems. I have and it's called a "Hearth Mop". It is never used to clean the floor or even touch the floor!!!

It is used to clean the oven and keep the bottom moist. It is used every 10 or 15 minutes depending on how busy the oven is. Some ovens are 5 feet deep and this is the only tool to reach the back. They even use them in wood fire ovens as well.

Google is your friend if you want to learn more.

Certainly google might expose that a mop is used to clean a pizza oven but will it expose whether that's the same mop used to clean the floor in a cheap pizza join in Pattaya? It seems we are getting first hand knowledge of just such an experience.

Certainly google might expose that a mop is used to clean a pizza oven but will it expose whether that's the same mop used to clean the floor in a cheap pizza join in Pattaya? It seems we are getting first hand knowledge of just such an experience.

Does it even matter as long as the finished article tastes good ...................

Never a waiter will admit they get the 10%.

It doesn't matter what a waiter admit. The SC is on the bill and thus traceable in the accounting system, and if it is distributed to the staff it should show up on their salary slip. It should not be difficult to verify this if anybody wanted to.

@Jayman

I have seen it there, it sits in its bucket next to the oven and I have seen them use it. I guess if someone who has never worked in one could be surprised. The US owner also owns a pizzeria in NY, who I have met here picking up an order. I would think he would employ the same sanitary standards that he does there. They seem to want customers to see how things are done as there are glass partitions between the dinning area and the kitchen.

From my pizzeria experience when we cleaned our "mop" we just rinsed it in warm water and never used soap or cleaning agents as if they got on the bed of the oven it could affect the taste of the pie. The same when cleaning the oven, although sometimes a wire grill brush was used.

• Like 1

@Jayman

I have seen it there, it sits in its bucket next to the oven and I have seen them use it. I guess if someone who has never worked in one could be surprised. The US owner also owns a pizzeria in NY, who I have met here picking up an order. I would think he would employ the same sanitary standards that he does there. They seem to want customers to see how things are done as there are glass partitions between the dinning area and the kitchen.

From my pizzeria experience when we cleaned our "mop" we just rinsed it in warm water and never used soap or cleaning agents as if they got on the bed of the oven it could affect the taste of the pie. The same when cleaning the oven, although sometimes a wire grill brush was used.

I'm not doubting they use a mop to clean the oven but if it's the same mop they clean the floor with then it's a bit on the disgusting side. I tend to think the mop was seen used in the over and then placed back in the bucket and it was assumed to be a floor mop but really is an oven mop only.