Warning To All English People

Boater

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I end up sitting next to a drunken Dutchmen I will change bars.

Too bad, because when we are drunk we might even give you a beer, what we of course would never so when sober.

It feels great to be bashed, it means that at least people are noticing us. Not a small achievement for the citizens of a small nation.

In Australia there seems to be a proverb: There is only one good Englishman, and that is an Englishman who goes home, and takes two Dutchmen with him.

If I end up sitting next to a drunken Dutchmen I will change bars.

Too bad, because when we are drunk we might even give you a beer, what we of course would never so when sober.

It feels great to be bashed, it means that at least people are noticing us. Not a small achievement for the citizens of a small nation.

In Australia there seems to be a proverb: There is only one good Englishman, and that is an Englishman who goes home, and takes two Dutchmen with him.

Ha`Ha a Dutchman with a sense of humour :D your not drunk by any chance are you :o

Wimp !

I am flying in on Wednesday and frankly I can't <deleted> wait to be one of the thousands of Brits "trapped in Thailand" (as quoted by the News of the World)

The headline should have read " MILLIONS OF BRITS TRAPPED IN ENGLAND " ,shithole :o

Just practicing my Irish accent in the mirror as we speak, anyone got any red hair dye?

Just go outside your house and start digging the road up....

Now, now!! A modern Irish person is more likely to go out and get their "clean suit" on to make micro chips or pharmaceuticals, rather than a shovel.

Anyway...why did it take so long for the Irishman to clean the windows of the bungalow? It took a week to dig the trench to put his ladder up!!

We can, and do, laugh at ourselves. Especially these days as we have given our shovels and picks to the Eastern Europeans who have done a grand job here!!

Edited by harleyclarkey

I just read on a different forum that an American was beaten by about ten Thais near the bridge at the north end of Phuket when he stopped to assist a motorcyclist who had crashed.

Anybody hear of this? Is there truth to this rumour?

I am in Phuket and there are definitely no mobs I or any of my friends here have heard of. The closure of the airport and total absence of business is the main concern here, believe me.

It would be very useful if you could give a little bit more information than just hearsay.

Normally i would not post this kind of comment, but i had two Thais who where very worried about my safety as they where reading this from the news on the TV.......

And i posted to warn people incase that someone did come up to them and ask this question, at least they will be prepared

I really hope those this will not happen, as it would affect the tourism alot

We are Thailand, not Rwanda !

It does seem that there is some foment in Thailand at the moment. Perhaps these reports are exaggerated. Maybe not. It's easy to tell people you are from a different country than you are really, from.

I remember the US publicly backing Thaksin during the 2006 Coup. I was disappointed that the US would publicly make statements about something that I consider to be a Thai domestic political issue.

I wonder where the US stands? I'm off to google.

I just read on a different forum that an American was beaten by about ten Thais near the bridge at the north end of Phuket when he stopped to assist a motorcyclist who had crashed.

I have heard nothing but I have heard loads of related rumours about this and that, Brits supposedly being targeted, we're all in danger, etc etc and I reckon it's high time folks got a grip and stopped quoting rumours. Or have we all become so Thai like through living here!

Please also follow this link from the Samui Forum....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/What-s-yello...ps-t210067.html

Doesnt just seem to be Phuket

Boater, what are you doing? Here you post a message without any reference about place syaing it is happening on Phuket, on the Samui forum you post a message saying: this is happening on Phuket with a link to this thread? Are you looking to create panic, what are you doing?

I have heard nothing but I have heard loads of related rumours about this and that, Brits supposedly being targeted, we're all in danger, etc etc and I reckon it's high time folks got a grip and stopped quoting rumours. Or have we all become so Thai like through living here!

Quite righteous, aren't you?

My interest is in the possibility of debunking the rumour on the other forum, if at all possible. (Though in reality, I shouldn't have to defend my question at all.)

Yeah it was me and it was 15 of them. I gave them all a good whopping while shouting USA,USA!! Course I was the one who hit the guy originally and then backed over him when I went back to help. People can be so touchy!!! :D:o

Stand down everyone

Yeah it was me and it was 15 of them. I gave them all a good whopping while shouting USA,USA!! Course I was the one who hit the guy originally and then backed over him when I went back to help. People can be so touchy!!! :D:o

Stand down everyone

You be bad and I gonna tell all your new neighbors. :D

Stand down everyone

You be bad and I gonna tell all your new neighbors. :D

Most of my neighbors are Brits or Europeans. Not one has been assaulted this week. :D

I have just had two thai people call me to let me know that if i am approached by a Thai not to mentioned that i am from England, but to say that i am from Irland or Holland

Reason, there is mobs of Thai's going after people from Engalnd as they are unhappy that our goverment is supporting Thaksin

It is on the Thai news channels now....

How pathetic, what a sad mentality to have...

Edited by MSingh

How pathetic, what a sad mentality to have...
Well, since this is not really happening (the mobbing that is), I presume you refer to the OP for spreading these vicious rumours?

As mentioned before, it was a warning passed to me that was taken from the THAI TV...........

Not from 1 source, but from 2 sources of well eductated Thai's who where worried about my Saftey

Ok, there has not been any obvious Mob meetings ( even those 2 or 3 HAVE appeared in this thread and the other )

Also to note, it was also mentioned about the UK Harbouring Thaksin, ( maybe i used the wrong words in the begining )

But as mentioned before, better to be safe then sorry, and i thank all who have PM me to show support, as i was only trying to assist....... next time i get such a warning, i shall keep it to myself, regardless of source or anything like that.... But just remember, such warnings in the past have saved peoples lives...

Thanks

Boater

MODs... as this topic is sliding OFF Topic can we close please