From Non-o To Retirement O-a

My Multiple Entry Non-immigrant visa will expire Nov. 27 and I'd like to switch to a straight retirement visa (O-A). Should I start working on this with immigration in October, or go out and get another 3 months Nov. 26 and then make the switch in February?

Will I get an extra 3 months, or will they (Immigration) say in February, your visa has expired so go out and get another Non-O?

I'd like to avoid the long trip from Chiang Mai to Penang, but then again I'd like the extra 3 months too.

Thanks for any info on this. :o

darkstar

1. You want a one year extension of stay from Immigration. You are not interested in an OA visa as that is issued by a Thai Consulate in your home country.

2. You can apply for extension of stay during the last 30 days of any non immigrant visa entry. You need to meet the 65k Embassy letter of income/pension or the 800k bank deposit w/letter held 3 months or a combination of 65k and bank account to meet 800k yearly requirement.

3. You can use your current entry or make another before the 27th of November and extend at the end of that period. It is your permitted to stay that is extended so no need for an active visa.

1. You want a one year extension of stay from Immigration. You are not interested in an OA visa as that is issued by a Thai Consulate in your home country.

2. You can apply for extension of stay during the last 30 days of any non immigrant visa entry. You need to meet the 65k Embassy letter of income/pension or the 800k bank deposit w/letter held 3 months or a combination of 65k and bank account to meet 800k yearly requirement.

3. You can use your current entry or make another before the 27th of November and extend at the end of that period. It is your permitted to stay that is extended so no need for an active visa.

I was assured by N.K. Imm that the visa or 30-day stamp must still be valid for at least 21 days for being able to apply for an extension of stay.

Is this typical N.K. or general?

Hansnl

You must have 21 days or more remaining on your permitted to stay stamp to allow a change/issue of non immigrant visa.

On an non immigrant visa entry you can apply anytime during the last 30 days of a permitted to stay stamp.

Thanks for this useful information, Lopburi

darkstar