Economic Status For Retirement Extension

I have been to immigration office in Sri Racha to get information about the rules for a one year extension based on retirement and one thing that make me so confused is whats the real immigration rules for the financial staus.

Immigration in Sri Racha have only one option and thats 800.000 THB for at least 3 months in a Thaibank..

My staus is that I have 300.000 THB in Thaibank and certified pension from sweden more than 550.000 THB per year but Sri Racha cannot grant the extension because they require 800.000 THB in the bank and no other option are acceptable.

Is there anyone else that got this kind of experience whith the immmigration in Thailand???

At the moment i have been using NON-O visa multiple entries for about 5 years now and very tired of all harassment at the border in Poi Pet every 90 days i have to make my border runs.

I have my condo in Chonburi so do i have any choice to choose another immigration office??

I have been to immigration office in Sri Racha to get information about the rules for a one year extension based on retirement and one thing that make me so confused is whats the real immigration rules for the financial staus.

Immigration in Sri Racha have only one option and thats 800.000 THB for at least 3 months in a Thaibank..

My staus is that I have 300.000 THB in Thaibank and certified pension from sweden more than 550.000 THB per year but Sri Racha cannot grant the extension because they require 800.000 THB in the bank and no other option are acceptable.

Is there anyone else that got this kind of experience whith the immmigration in Thailand???

At the moment i have been using NON-O visa multiple entries for about 5 years now and very tired of all harassment at the border in Poi Pet every 90 days i have to make my border runs.

I have my condo in Chonburi so do i have any choice to choose another immigration office??

They are wrong.

This is the rule.

7.21 In the case of a

retiree: Permission

will be granted for a

period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a

temporary visa (NON-IM); and

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age

or over; and

(3) Proof of income of not less than

Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in

Thailand of not less than Baht

800,000 as shown in bank

account transactions for the

past 3 months; or

(5) Annual income plus bank

account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the

filing date of application

1. Application form

2. Copy of the applicant's passport

3. Proof of income, e.g., retirement

pension, interest earnings or

dividends, etc.; and/or

4. Certificate of local bank account

deposit together with copies of

bank account records

5. Only in the case set out in clause

I am suprized by your post, Bengt. I have been told by the Sriracha office before that a combination income/bank deposite is acceptable although I have always used the 800k. Could there be a communication problem?

The Sriracha office will supply you a written list of requirements for a retirement extension if asked politely.

I thought we were required to use the closest immigration office to where we live now, and I know that Sriracha ask if you live in the area, but I'm not sure if all immigration offices do this.

When one is faced with this sort of contradiction, would it be a good idea to bring the police regulations printed off the immigration website to show the officers politely what is written (in English)? Would they lose face if shown "the error of their ways" and come up with some excuse to reject your extension application?

I was wondering if the Thai regulation document is available in Thai?

In about 3 or so months I will also be experiencing my 1st retirement extension based on having 65k/month income (non-pension) generated and remaining in the US banks. I am a little nervous because I don't believe anyone here has shared this type of non-pension qualification.

When one is faced with this sort of contradiction, would it be a good idea to bring the police regulations printed off the immigration website to show the officers politely what is written (in English)? Would they lose face if shown "the error of their ways" and come up with some excuse to reject your extension application?

I was wondering if the Thai regulation document is available in Thai?

In about 3 or so months I will also be experiencing my 1st retirement extension based on having 65k/month income (non-pension) generated and remaining in the US banks. I am a little nervous because I don't believe anyone here has shared this type of non-pension qualification.

Police Order in Thai.

I have attached a scan of the copy given to me by immigration. It is double sided - one side Thai and the other in English.

Unfortunatly, it is out of date. There is no longer a requirement for a doctors certificate. It is also possible that other changes have occured in the last 2 months!

post-31207-1220245275_thumb.jpg

post-31207-1220245483_thumb.jpg

I would suggest visiting the office and asking for the lastest list of requirements.

I have attached a scan of the copy given to me by immigration. It is double sided - one side Thai and the other in English.

Unfortunatly, it is out of date. There is no longer a requirement for a doctors certificate. It is also possible that other changes have occured in the last 2 months!

post-31207-1220245275_thumb.jpg

post-31207-1220245483_thumb.jpg

I would suggest visiting the office and asking for the lastest list of requirements.

I would like to thank you for the documents that I have been printing out, at least it can be a good help at my next visit to the Immigration in Sri Racha.

But before i apply for extension I will renew my Thai drivers license and i need to visit Immigration for a residence certificate and I can ask once again and show the documents that comes from same Immigration office.

Bengt!!

Good luck for your next visit to the office, Bengt. Remember to dress well, smile and treat the officers with respect. I have had the pleasure of teaching officers from this office in the past. They are kind hearted people who will be happy to help you.

The immigration police at Sriracha can speak English but remember English is not their first language. If you can't speak Thai and you are using English to communicate with them, they may have trouble with your accent; please speak slowly and be patient.

Edited by bgood

Good luck for your next visit to the office, Bengt. Remember to dress well, smile and treat the officers with respect. I have had the pleasure of teaching officers from this office in the past. They are kind hearted people who will be happy to help you.

The immigration police at Sriracha can speak English but remember English is not their first language. If you can't speak Thai and you are using English to communicate with them, they may have trouble with your accent; please speak slowly and be patient.

Thank you once again...I can say that I always behaive politely and show my respect to the officers at immigration and I have to accept any answer whit a smile.

Maybe I have to speak slowly because even if I am a Swedish nationality I speak english mostly flutenly.

One other thing...I am married to a Thaiwoman now for more than 4 years and she is a great help mostly and she also went to Immigration to be my support and the officers recommend me to apply for extension based on retirement instead of marriage because much more paperwork for a marriage extension.

Anyway I have to wait until some more month because my 300.000 THB at Bangkok bank have to be there for at least 3 months by the rule.

I appreciate all help from you and I will make another try after renewing my Thai drivers license.

Bengt!

If using 800k bank account only (not 300k) it has to be there 3 months but if using along with a pension/income letter from Embassy there is not requirement for a 3 month wait.

Thank you for that information lopburi3..

I think someone else told me the same information..maybe I read it in some document too....anyway i will apply for extension and lets hope the immigration officers not to bored to se me again.

Regards

Bengt!

If using 800k bank account only (not 300k) it has to be there 3 months but if using along with a pension/income letter from Embassy there is not requirement for a 3 month wait.

I renewed my retirement extension at Suan Phlu last July using the 65K income requirement (with an actual income of more than one Mil) and had to sign a form that I need to have also a deposit of Baht 200,000 in a Thai bank for 3 months prior to the renewal in 2009, being told “that this is the current requirement.”

I hope this info is of some help.

I renewed my retirement extension at Suan Phlu last July using the 65K income requirement (with an actual income of more than one Mil) and had to sign a form that I need to have also a deposit of Baht 200,000 in a Thai bank for 3 months prior to the renewal in 2009, being told “that this is the current requirement.”

Making up rules as they go along. :o

Hi

I have been living in Pattaya for 4 years,I just renew my visa last month for the 4 th time O_A visa,I use the 65K pension and had 20.000.00 Bth in the bank here in pattaya there is no problem here is there websitehttp://www.pattaya-immigration.org/index.php?lang=EN you have all the info you need

Take care

This is irregular and highly unusual. Has anybody else had this experience at the Suan Phlu office?

--

Maestro

Thank you for that information lopburi3..

I think someone else told me the same information..maybe I read it in some document too....anyway i will apply for extension and lets hope the immigration officers not to bored to se me again.

Regards

Bengt!

We made the same enquiry only a week ago at Hua-Hin immigration and they told us that "As long as we provided documentation from the British Embassy confirming our income, then that could offset this against the 800,000baht requirement, so presumably if it exceeds the 800,000Baht you DO NOT have to have any money showing in your account at the time of application ( not that you would do that anyway - but just hyperthetically speaking)

The one thing that I am not sure about, is if the documentation states that we will receive £x per month/ year for a set number of years then do we have to apply to the Embassy EACH year to confirm this - or will they accept that the documentation is good for the 'stated period of guaranteed income' as per many private pension schemes have to do by law now in the UK - the reviews normally being every 5 years.

I understand that it cost about 2300Baht to obtain the confirmatory documentation from the British Embassy in Bangkok, irrespective of the number of 'incomes' that they are confirming at the same time. Anybody got any experience of this situation ?

We made the same enquiry only a week ago at Hua-Hin immigration and they told us that "As long as we provided documentation from the British Embassy confirming our income, then that could offset this against the 800,000baht requirement, so presumably if it exceeds the 800,000Baht you DO NOT have to have any money showing in your account at the time of application ( not that you would do that anyway - but just hyperthetically speaking)

The one thing that I am not sure about, is if the documentation states that we will receive £x per month/ year for a set number of years then do we have to apply to the Embassy EACH year to confirm this - or will they accept that the documentation is good for the 'stated period of guaranteed income' as per many private pension schemes have to do by law now in the UK - the reviews normally being every 5 years.

I understand that it cost about 2300Baht to obtain the confirmatory documentation from the British Embassy in Bangkok, irrespective of the number of 'incomes' that they are confirming at the same time. Anybody got any experience of this situation ?

Hi Mr. Musicman,

I get a letter from the British Embassy each year. I take my P60 from the Pension company, pay my 2,300 baht and collect the letter from the Embassy the following morning. They will send it EMS if you do not want to stay in BKK overnight.

The letter states your name, passport number, address and also says that they have no "bad" information relating to you. It shows my GROSS income for the previous year.

I then took it with the other required documents to Korat this year (have always used Nong Khai in the past) and was trying to get a "Child Support" Extension. The officer said that my request involved too much work, but he would give me another Retirement extension as my income exceeds to 65,000 monthly requirement. However, he kept the original letter from the Embassy and said that I need to get a new one every year.

I did have a bank book and letter from the bank, showing 300,000 on deposit, but I was not asked for it. The application was processed solely on the letter from the Embassy.

I renewed my retirement extension at Suan Phlu last July using the 65K income requirement (with an actual income of more than one Mil) and had to sign a form that I need to have also a deposit of Baht 200,000 in a Thai bank for 3 months prior to the renewal in 2009, being told "that this is the current requirement."

Making up rules as they go along. :o

As long ago as 5 or more years Suan Phlu Officer told me Income alone was NOT sufficient

and that I MUST have account also

I asked her how much the Balance should be ...

Her Answer - "Up To You" !!!

Bill

Hi Bengt

Did you show Immigration a Letter from your Embassy that Certifies your Income?

Bill

I asked this question on another thread some time ago: what is the lowest amount of income necessary to satisfy immigration, with a top up in savings, that would not require the savings to be in an account for three months? Theorectically the answer would be 1 baht a year, but obviously this would be non-sensical. Just out of interest, what is the lowest amount of pension income that a TV member has shown immigration that has been accepted along with some savings?

I had already lots of experiences with Sriracha Immigration and can only say that they are extremely meticulous. As I was always afraid there could be a spy on TV (see post above) :o I refrained to post here my experiences not to enable them to trace me back upon the incidents and make my encounters with them even harder.

Just my advice for two requirements you may need.

Make sure the income letter from your Embassy carries a stamp otherwise they might not accept this letter.

If you need a 'confirmation of residence' e.g. for a driver license, go to Pattaya Immigration, even when you live in Sriracha, easy to get there.

In Sriracha they send you back to the driver license office (Land Transport Department?) and ask you for a written request from the LTD stating the purpose for the confirmation of residence. Only with this letter Sriracha Immigration will issue the confirmation of residence.

The same is valid for all other purposes to get their residence confirmation letter.

My advice is, just go to Pattaya. They seem to know over there already the problems with SI.

The doctor certificate for a one-year-visa is also still required for SI.

However the 90 day reporting they can serve perfectly and fast.

Hi Bengt

Did you show Immigration a Letter from your Embassy that Certifies your Income?

Bill

Yes..I have tried a second time now and almost got my extension when suddenly the officer discovered that i open the bank account just a month ago and I was told to wait until my money have been at the account for at least 3 months.

Lucky me i have a non-o multiple so I take another border run in october and will try a third time for an extension in middle of november.,hopefully i will get my extension by that time

It is very frustrating when there are officers in Immigration offices that change the rule"s to suit them self. If your going down the cash & pension route then you don't have to season the cash in your bank for 3 months so why did this officer refuse you the extension? He was wrong. Why can't you just go to pattaya or bangkok and try again? I am going to pattaya in October & I will be doing the same as you again this year. I will get my extension for retirement with pension & cash that I will put into my bank in October just like I did last year.

Regards

Scotsman

<br />I have been to immigration office in Sri Racha to get information about the rules for a one year extension based on retirement and one thing that make me so confused is whats the real immigration rules for the financial staus.<br />Immigration in Sri Racha have only one option and thats 800.000 THB for at least 3 months in a Thaibank..<br />My staus is that I have 300.000 THB in Thaibank and certified pension from sweden more than 550.000 THB per year but Sri Racha cannot grant the extension because they require 800.000 THB in the bank and no other option are acceptable.<br />Is there anyone else that got this kind of experience whith the immmigration in Thailand???<br />At the moment i have been using NON-O visa multiple entries for about 5 years now and very tired of all harassment at the border in Poi Pet every 90 days i have to make my border runs.<br />I have my condo in Chonburi so do i have any choice to choose another immigration office??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't know where they get vthgeir information, but they are completely wrongn

hereby the website of Ministery of Foreign affaires, where yiu can foinbd all the information neccesary

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php

Bengt, I have seen other members posting that they go to Jomthien for there extensions instead of Sriracha and Jomthien accepts the applications because they know that the officers at Sriracha do not know their job. you might wont to try that.

--

Maestro