Wild Pigs On The Road

prakhonchai nick

This morning at 5am, on my way back home to Isaan, and completely sober 3 wild adult pigs and 2 piglets crossed in front of my car on the road between Tapppryha and the Big Buddha. An amazing sight for a built up city. Anybody else come across them?

Nick,

If the pigs were flying I could certainly believe it, but you completely sober - come off it !

:o:D:D

Hope to see you next week

This morning at 5am, on my way back home to Isaan, and completely sober 3 wild adult pigs and 2 piglets crossed in front of my car on the road between Tapppryha and the Big Buddha. An amazing sight for a built up city. Anybody else come across them?

Yes, seen them a few times in the same place as you on my way to work at 07:15.

Yes, I did see them more then once, not sure if they are wild, but they look like it. If nobody would own them, they would be dead by now. To many people from Isaan down here.

Hey, I am not from Isaan, but from Europe, and I think Wild pigs are delicious! :o

I even saw wild pigs in the suburbs of Bangkok, crossing the road in front of me.

A few months back I saw a huge black pig running wild close to the Pattaya Courts, then a couple of months ago we went on out sunday drive around on the bike, and we found a soi with poor thai families, they had lots of pigs and baby pigs, it was close to where i had seen the big black one, so i presumed it had got out. I never saw any running wild since then though, around Pattaya.

I think you will find that 'wild' pigs have not been attracted by the city lights and are not roaming the sois of Pattaya looking for a meal, but are escaped from someone's pen. In the first area reported I would guess that they live on the seaside of the road - I have been down that way in the past and seen many shacks with pigs and chickens being raised on scraps.

We have a few piglets up country currently - dark brown hairy things with go-faster stripes along their flank and they will BBQ up nicely next year.

As for catching Pattaya's wild pigs....