Anyone Going Bkk - Pattaya Tomorrow?

Smithson

I use to get taxis from BKK to Pattaya and vice versa - but now, gone are them days for me. I now get the bus from Pattaya 100 - 150 baht, very pleasant with sometimes a free drink served, air con ect... There is also a bus from Pattaya directly to the Airport Entrance, very reliable. Just had to do it as i am currently back in the UK due to my father passing away suddenly - i preferred the bus. I am not tight, just seems stupid paying all that taxi fare, when the bus is much cheaper and gets you to your destination. I suppose its up to each individual really but just wanted to give my opinion, so no sarcastic comments please at my sad loss. I am only trying to help others and i hope you get sorted.

I also prefer the Bus compared to Taxi's.. 20% of the price and just as comfortable. I prefer a large bus compared to a small cramped private Taxi. And it is not the price which makes me choose the bus. When I last went using the Airport bus, it was almost empty so you could have 2 seats to yourself.. Also no tips required and no extra charge for tolls...

Edited by Meg_2003

I use to get taxis from BKK to Pattaya and vice versa - but now, gone are them days for me. I now get the bus from Pattaya 100 - 150 baht, very pleasant with sometimes a free drink served, air con ect... There is also a bus from Pattaya directly to the Airport Entrance, very reliable. Just had to do it as i am currently back in the UK due to my father passing away suddenly - i preferred the bus. I am not tight, just seems stupid paying all that taxi fare, when the bus is much cheaper and gets you to your destination. I suppose its up to each individual really but just wanted to give my opinion, so no sarcastic comments please at my sad loss. I am only trying to help others and i hope you get sorted.

My condolances for your loss - I hope your return journey has a happier purpose

As to taxi from Onnut - I have done this several times when I lived at Onnut especially if there were two or three of us and lazy to face the traffic to Ekami and the traffic back along Sukhumvit to Bang Na

A tip - 9-11 am is a good time to negotiate a good price

The drivers are hitting a slump after rush hour and they know that by arriving in Pattaya around noon they will more than likely get a quick return fare as folks check out the pattaya hotels.

I paid around 1200 Baht and once managed 1,000 - the driver was very pleasant and earned his extra tip

My condolances for your loss - I hope your return journey has a happier purpose

As to taxi from Onnut - I have done this several times when I lived at Onnut especially if there were two or three of us and lazy to face the traffic to Ekami and the traffic back along Sukhumvit to Bang Na

A tip - 9-11 am is a good time to negotiate a good price

The drivers are hitting a slump after rush hour and they know that by arriving in Pattaya around noon they will more than likely get a quick return fare as folks check out the pattaya hotels.

I paid around 1200 Baht and once managed 1,000 - the driver was very pleasant and earned his extra tip

Thankyou Iamagel for your kind words, welcome to Thai visa Forum, I see you are new and hope you make a lot of new freinds on here, i also hope my trip back to LOS next week will be ok. many thanks, from Pattaya Girl (currently in the UK for my Fathers Funeral)