Screen Printing Shirts In Chiang Mai?

drysdan

I'm hoping to get some shirts printed with some custom text or designs, and I'm wondering if anybody knows any good shirt printing shops in Chiang Mai that I can use? Anybody done this here before? About how much do you think per shirt?? Thanks!

Depends on what you're wanting in terms of price and quality. I like the shop (the name of which I forget) right by Changpuak Gate on the inside of the moat - you can't miss it if you go there - who have good quality shirts which are screened rather than decorated with transfers. Not cheap.

I had some things done at Jiparta and was disappointed. I paid 1600B for 2 designs and 3 of each design. Furthermore, within 2 washes one of them began to peel off like a cheap rubber iron on. I did a better job in graphic design class in high school!

Though their embroidery seems to be A+

nope, I just want to make a couple funny t-shirts for a friends birthday. :o

Then transfer is probably the way to go unless it's a single colour job and you want the best.

If you mean the inkjet iron on transfers, I've thought of those, but they don't do well with plain text, like white words on a black shirt, because you have to have the shape of the cutout around the words, not just the letters themselves... What are your thoughts on how to get just words printed? In the style of the ubiquitous "same same...but different" shirts, but with different words, of course...

nope, I just want to make a couple funny t-shirts for a friends birthday. :o

Then transfer is probably the way to go unless it's a single colour job and you want the best.

If you mean the inkjet iron on transfers, I've thought of those, but they don't do well with plain text, like white words on a black shirt, because you have to have the shape of the cutout around the words, not just the letters themselves... What are your thoughts on how to get just words printed? In the style of the ubiquitous "same same...but different" shirts, but with different words, of course...

Compromise. Different colour shirt and/or text or spend more and get it done properly with a screen. No more to be said here until you go ask in some of the shops suggested.

I've used Jipata for hundreds of shirts in 2006 and people are still wearing them today with no serious flaws. They're a good company for large orders and that's why I used them. I've also used Smile which is located near the corner on the southwest side of the superhighway and the Ping River. They have proven good for small orders and the quality seem to be equal or better than Jipata. Both shops have employees that do graphic design work for you once they have a good idea of what you want. I've never had to pay extra for the help with the graphic designs. These days most all of the shops use a type of plastic ink because the color of the shirt won't bleed through the ink color. This is what will peel off sometimes if the ink has not been set. To set the ink, turn the shirts inside out and iron them. Do this before the get washed. Hope this helps.

Sky was the place at Chang Peurk gate. I called in yesterday on my way past and they tell me unsurprisingly that the minimum quantity for screening is 50. The guy did suggest that if it's just text and only a couple you're after then there are people who paint by hand on shirts at the night market. Could be a solution...