Nation Reporting

ratcatcher

From The Nation, September 3rd. 2008

It seems to me that no one proof reads the stories and articles this paper publishes. See below.

1)

Caption:People's Alliance for Democracy MPs said in a press briefing, condemning anti-government protesters, and calling them to adhere to court's order for them to get out of the Government House.//Pramote Putthaisong

I didn't know PAD had any MP's.

2)

Caption:Firefighters distinguish a fire at a restaurant in Songkhla's Muang district on Wednesday. Witnesses said a man with a bag went to a toilet at the back and when he went out, an explosion was heard and fire engulfed the restaurant.

Well at least they can distinguish a fire from a flood.

3)

Caption: Customs Department display smuggled goods, worth about Bt32, which were confiscated during raids.// Khanathit Srihirundaj

B32? Obviously not worth very much. :o

Edited by ratcatcher

It is probably another example of "the senior cannot be corrected as he would loose face"

I suppose I could launch into a tirade of how I think that the concepts of "greng jai" and "sia na" are holding back the development of Thailand, but I won't, so you'll all be relieved that you don't have to scroll through it.

(hey mods, now how about an emoticon for "loosing face"? :o )

It is probably another example of "the senior cannot be corrected as he would loose face"

I suppose I could launch into a tirade of how I think that the concepts of "greng jai" and "sia na" are holding back the development of Thailand, but I won't, so you'll all be relieved that you don't have to scroll through it.

Are you pointing out the face that they are saying "loose" when it should be "lose"? Or is that YOUR mistake?

there is always complaints about there reporting.........

There "are" always complaints about "their" reporting. I hope English is not your native language either.

Funny their (or is it there) Hank, perhaps this person can help out at the Nation on an intern basis.

loose face? interesting concept, is that like slack-jawed?

i could not agree more, this happens to often in Thailand, and i have been subject to many arguments regarding this topic

too funny.