Curbishly Quits

Lite Beer

Bit of a sad day really. He seemed to be undermined by the board with the sale of Anton Ferdinand and Georgie McCartney. There is even a rumour that they were planning to sell Ashton behind his back but the deal broke down. The club seems to be run by a bunch of buffoons. I really hope they will now sell it on to somebody more capable of running things. :o

So is it true? After the Keegan debacle who knows?

I have just checked out ky Sports...it IS TRUE..."Breach of Trust" is cited as his decision to go...he tought that after Ferdinand had gone all deals were concluded ...the Mc Cartney was sold to Sunderland as well. The final straw :o

Bit like the Keegan situation..although many WHU fans won't be to downhaerted...BIG SAM next???

But if WH really want to push the boat out ther is always Graeme Sounness ..or even Sammy Lee, and Paul Jewell would not rule out a return to he EPL..he is on fire right now ( or he should be...the word "fire" should be a word he is expecting any time soon} LOL

Stevie Coppelll won't be in contention...WH nicked our last Manager an he was a disaster at Upton Park

Edited by ThaiPauly

Probably the best time to go as most had him down to be sacked anyway & he knew it. He can give that reason about "upstairs" meddling but, leaving with the Hammers in 3rd place (is it?) is a good escape route for him leaving with his head held high, before the season really gets going & they start to slip away.

I personally think that Curbishley is covering his own Bottom by saying certain things at the moment & the bottom line was, he didn't fit into WHU's future in the eyes of the Board, simple as that really.

No one can doubt that the majority of his Signings have been faliure's with the majority of them being Injured..

Whether that's bad luck or because he signed a load of Injury Prone Players is up for debate but you don't get any time in the modern day Premiership as a Manager & i think in the long run, this is the right deision for West Ham & it will be proven to be over the coming months & years..

I hope so anyway..:o

Rumours are that he lost the Dressing Room aswell & 3 Senior Players went & complained about his & Mervyn Day's Training Sessions & Tactics in the past week or so..