Bbc Radio 4 News

Greenside

Since the end of last week I've been having problems with BBC Radio 4 news. For a couple of days it would only play old bulletins and since Monday I've been getting a message in the player saying "Midnight News: 03/09/2008 is unavailable at this time."

Some other news broadcasts can be got but not the major ones. Anyone shed light on this - there doesn't seem to be any reports about general faults with the service so I'm wondering if somehow it's just here in Thailand.

post-40471-1220492748_thumb.jpg

Since the end of last week I've been having problems with BBC Radio 4 news. For a couple of days it would only play old bulletins and since Monday I've been getting a message in the player saying "Midnight News: 03/09/2008 is unavailable at this time."

Some other news broadcasts can be got but not the major ones. Anyone shed light on this - there doesn't seem to be any reports about general faults with the service so I'm wondering if somehow it's just here in Thailand.

It is happening in the UK as well, not just Thailand. It is also happening on BBC Radio 2 . Not all prgrammes, just some. Mainly 'recordings.

It is happening in the UK as well, not just Thailand. It is also happening on BBC Radio 2 . Not all prgrammes, just some. Mainly 'recordings.

Thanks. I thought maybe someone had figured out how to stop me getting to The Truth. Thank goodness I can still get The Archers :o

• 8 months later...

Right now, live access is down, with iPlayer saying: "BBC Radio 4 FM is unavailable at this time". I've never experienced that before. By contrast, Listen Again is working.

The iPlayer is very erratic, with lots of Listen Again links not working on any given day. God knows why, or at least God, i.e. the BBC, can't seem to explain it.