Phuket Fm Radio

happyaussie

Am I right in saying there are two FM radio stations in Phuket 90.5 & 91.5.

It is great to have these stations, but why do they continuously repeat the same music. Is it because of royalties and their limited budgets only allow them XZY songs.

Lately I've noticed 90.5 playing cool blues and jazz in the afternoons, very nice. And the easy going DJ's are good also.

I hadn't heard Sergio Mendes & Brazil 66 for 25 years. Now I hear them every day. Don't get me wrong, I like their music.

91.5 I find their music hard to get into. Some of those old classic rock songs should only be resurrected every now and then. The strong English accents on the Dj's is also a little strange( no offence lads). It's purely one persons opinion.

There is also 95.0 (or is 95.5?). When I use a car I try to listen to any of them but I find in Kata their reception to terrible in many places. 95 is a bit more electic and alternative. I think I heard Portisehead or Morcheeba on there one day. Good stuff.

HEy Mister Man !!!!

Can you guess who this is ?

I too find the choice of rock classics to be tiresome, it's likle the B side of all the hits. I swear that program director did the Phuket's International Woman's

Club function last year and it was awful, every song was just hideous to dance to.

And I can't understand the cockney accent either , except when he slows down long enough to say something sexist .

He was going on about Maddonna turning 50 , "end of her attractiveness" and reason for rumours of divorce as far as his chauvanistic views go.

( This from a man who comes to Thailand to get women. )

btw I went to England last month and it was fantastic, men were falling over themselves when I went out to a pub. It was good to know I'm still a good looking woman. Of course I wore make- up and dressed really nicely, something I don't bother with anymore here in Thailand .. But it was great !

Maybe I really don't like it here anymore, great weather can only stand for so much - I miss a culture where I'm not seen as an alien and men think I"m good looking .

HEy Mister Man !!!!

I too find the choice of rock classics to be tiresome, it's likle the B side of all the hits. I swear that program director did the Phuket's International Woman's

Club function last year and it was awful, every song was just hideous to dance to.

And I can't understand the cockney accent either , except when he slows down long enough to say something sexist .

He was going on about Maddonna turning 50 , "end of her attractiveness" and reason for rumours of divorce as far as his chauvanistic views go.

btw I went to England last month and it was fantastic, men were falling over themselves when I went out to a pub. It was good to know I'm still a good looking woman. Of course I wore make- up and dressed really nicely, something I don't bother with anymore here in Thailand .. But it was great !

Maybe I really don't like it here anymore, great weather can only stand for so much - I miss a culture where I'm not seen as an alien and men think I"m good looking .

Glass houses and stones ??

• 4 months later...

I really don't like some of the old rubbish they play on 91.5 fm. I also find some of the dj's on 90.5 to be very poor.

I really like the music on the sunday show on 91.5. think its called the sunday chill out or something. Just caught the end of it a couple of sundays ago. Pretty cool tunes.

• 3 months later...
HEy Mister Man !!!!

I think you need to check your facts about the man at 91.5FM before talking about him.

Why not text in a request then? That way they'll play what you want to hear. 08 9000 40 40

This thread was started back in September 08.

I think we have moved on a lot since then, including the introduction of BBC News every hour.

We also have introduced a TV Phuket forum slot in the Breakfast Show, discussing some of the current topics along with huge improvements and we are strategically positioned to continue these developments.

Regarding text requests, yes please let's have them, birthday's, friends parties etc etc, we want to hear from you.

Thanks for listening

The Phuket FM Radio Team

I think we have moved on a lot since then, including the introduction of BBC News every hour.

Absolutely ... it's now a joy to listen to the 09.00 to 11.00 slot compared with the horrible canned music we had last year. From 12.00 to 15.00 remains the best time of the day with DJ Dorris.

• 1 month later...

Bump from an old Thread.

Just wanted to say, my ipod crapped out about 3 weeks ago and I've been listening to the radio more.

I think the programing is greatly improved and I really enjoy listening to 91.5 and 95 (90.5 is my 3rd choice)

My only gripe seems to be that I constantly tune in at the change of the hour. I like news updates but some times i wish they were delivered with more brevity. 91.5 keeps it pretty short, about a 5 min update, but I've heard 95's go on for sometimes it seems 20 min.

RE Signal quality; The B stations, Bluewave and 95, sound better over my radio then 91.5 does. is it transmitter quality?

Keep up the good work DJ's :):D

• 5 months later...
HI

I used to listen to 90,5 and 91,5, but now only sometims so dam_n tired of listen to the same crap for DaVinci, twice a day is enough guys go out and get some new ads, both stations thanks, and send me a PM when its done,,, please :)

Used to listen all the time because of the (mostly) great music but got also very tired of the disgraceful quality of ads. I hope for the advertisers most people aren't like me but I'm so sick of those endless repeats I will never ever patronize those businesses. So Hi Peter, be safe and stop crying; never mind you missed your copy at the airport, you can pick it up at paws indulging in indian pizza while your children rock your pool back in the frame.

P.S. please PM me too

Used to listen all the time because of the (mostly) great music but got also very tired of the disgraceful quality of ads. I hope for the advertisers most people aren't like me but I'm so sick of those endless repeats I will never ever patronize those businesses. So Hi Peter, be safe and stop crying; never mind you missed your copy at the airport, you can pick it up at paws indulging in indian pizza while your children rock your pool back in the frame.

P.S. please PM me too

Seems to me strange that you wont purchase from these companies because they advertise ? I always assumed the purpose of advertising was for awareness of a given companies products or services they offer.

Seems to be working for these companies though , you must of rattled off 7 of them in your post !

• 5 months later...

:)

I really like all the stations at different times of the day. The fact that we have choice is great. There are some good things and bad things on all three radio statons.

Music is such a personal choice and just because you don't like rock music or dance doesn't mean that the other Phuket guys and girls don't.

Adverts are import to help the station get better by bringing on money to spend on new equipment and so far when people complain about the adverts they can remember what they are, isn't that the point. So come on people of Phuket stop moaning and start enjoying.

Try the Sunday afternoon chill out show on 91.5 1pm till 4.

Big love to you all.

How did this post get resurrected? OP is 2008 and the 2nd to most current is 6 months ago.

Any how, I'm just curious who does the PSD songs/jingles on 91.5 is it the band from Scruffy Murphy's??

I think their songs (the adds for PSD) are great!

PSD_3_little_pigs.mp3

How did this post get resurrected? OP is 2008 and the 2nd to most current is 6 months ago.

Any how, I'm just curious who does the PSD songs/jingles on 91.5 is it the band from Scruffy Murphy's??

Just for you ozy :)

Once upon a time ........

Edited by N47HAN

PSD_3_little_pigs.mp3

Just for you ozy :)

Once upon a time ........

I always thought it was you.