Birmingham Consulate

Birminghams consulate along with a few others in the UK have NO e mail address, I find this almost incredulous. They suggest when applying for a visa to make sure the pre paid return envelope is sent special delivery/ recorded/ registered but having just gone to the post office they now can no longer do this with their new computer system. Lets hope the idiots dont lose my passport when they send it back normal first class post. I shall have to write to theBirmingham comsulate and tell them about this, if only they actually got with the times and got and e mail address. LETS HOPE THEY ARE READING THIS NOW.

Birminghams consulate along with a few others in the UK have NO e mail address, I find this almost incredulous. They suggest when applying for a visa to make sure the pre paid return envelope is sent special delivery/ recorded/ registered but having just gone to the post office they now can no longer do this with their new computer system. Lets hope the idiots dont lose my passport when they send it back normal first class post. I shall have to write to theBirmingham comsulate and tell them about this, if only they actually got with the times and got and e mail address. LETS HOPE THEY ARE READING THIS NOW.

Why not use the Hull Thai consulate postal service?

You don't need an email address to use the Royal Mail Special Delivery, just GBP 5.05 extra payment so they return it in a SD envelope.

^

Hull ask for 6 quid to return your pp by Special Delivery (Next Day). Actually, it's only £4.20!! Another nice little bunsen burner!!

BUT, they (Hull) used to give you the option of either enclosing a prepaid secure envelope OR paying them less than £2 to do the work for you. I don't beleive it's the Consulate's fault if Royal Mail move the goalposts although I agree it is unfortunate.