Earn Thb, Live In Europe

Hi all,

I'm an Italian university student. I've been working as a freelance translator for a Thai company for a couple of months. Hopefully, I will keep doing this over the next 5-6 months, at least.

They pay me in THB, though I'm currently studying and living in Italy. I plan to move to Thailand at the end of 2009.

What would you advise me to do: convert THB into Euro periodically, and have it transfered to my bank account in Italy, or just keep THB?

I am concerned about losing big sums if the THB gets remarkably weaker against Euro, while I'm not too concerned about minor fluctuation.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thank you all in advance,

Sauro

If you don't need it now why don't you just have it paid into a Thai bank account so it will be available when you move in 2009?

That's what I'm doing, they pay me into a Thai bank account. I'm just afraid the savings would lose their value because of inflation or THB getting too weak against other currencies (I want to go back and work in Thailand next year, but I'm not sure I'll succeed, so I may need to eventually convert those THB into some other currency).

If you don't need it now why don't you just have it paid into a Thai bank account so it will be available when you move in 2009?

That's what I'm doing, they pay me into a Thai bank account. I'm just afraid the savings would lose their value because of inflation or THB getting too weak against other currencies (I want to go back and work in Thailand next year, but I'm not sure I'll succeed, so I may need to eventually convert those THB into some other currency).

Personally I would leave your money in THB in Thailand for the time being, trust you have an ATM card you can use to draw cash out if you need it in Italy ?..ultimately coverting backwards and forwards to other currencies, chances are you will lose out just on transfer fees alone

Personally I would leave your money in THB in Thailand for the time being, trust you have an ATM card you can use to draw cash out if you need it in Italy ?..ultimately coverting backwards and forwards to other currencies, chances are you will lose out just on transfer fees alone

thank you. Guess you are right, I should leave my money in THB there, also considering the fees. I don't have an ATM card, but I don't plan to need the money in Italy.