Call Collect To Overseas

Acharn

I've been given a couple of telephone numbers to call collect to request assistance of information. When I had regular access to a land line telephone I didn't have a problem. Just dial 100 and have the overseas operator place the call for me. Now I don't have easy access to a land line. I found out how to call the U.S. directly on my cell phone, and the rate I'm charged is not much, but I'd rather let the company pay. When I try to dial 100 I get a message that the number doesn't exist.

Using a cell phone (DTAC), how can I contact the overseas operator to place a collect call?

Call the us # and give them your number?

Errr... Not very helpful. Doesn't anyone know how to contact the Overseas Operator on a cell phone? Specifically with a DTAC SIM? I've gone to their English web page, but it only tells how to dial direct, and I couldn't find any way to submit a question. :o

Errr... Not very helpful. Doesn't anyone know how to contact the Overseas Operator on a cell phone? Specifically with a DTAC SIM? I've gone to their English web page, but it only tells how to dial direct, and I couldn't find any way to submit a question. :o

Dial 00199911111. This is the number I use with my DTAC Happy mobile phone. It will connect you to an AT&T operator.

Well, if you can't afford a 1 minute call to the US, you really shouldn't be in Thailand! :D

Dial 00199911111. This is the number I use with my DTAC Happy mobile phone. It will connect you to an AT&T operator.

Thank you. I'll try it, although it looks quite strange.

I have used it before... Works like a charm... Use it when I have to call my credit card companies in the US collect.

• 4 months later...

Try one of the VoIP operators which let you make a free 5 minute call. Jajah / Voipdiscount / Voipbuster etc.

When possible, use Skype and leave a voice mail.

Americans calling back need to check the rates. Years agoi I used 1010987 01166 to call Thailand. Now I do it all by VoIP services like voipdiscount.com for 300 minutes a week free calling.

• 2 weeks later...
collect calls to the US can be made by calling the above number 001-999-11111

collect calls to the UK can be made by calling 001-999-44-1066

Thanks, this was helpful. Had to call credit card company in US. Worked like a charm. Well, there was one glitch. The answer machine said it would accept collect calls, but the ATT robot detected an answer machine and rejected it. But an operator came on shortly and when I told her what happened she redid it and I got through.

• 3 weeks later...