Shoes

Nongwahyay

There´s a real girls´blouse discussion going on in the ladies´ section about what shoes they have on their tiny feet today.

What do all the butchy men wear, when they´re in Thailand (oh all right.... the non-butchy men can also reply.... :o )??

I have problem feet......... even during the so-called "summer" in Europe I can´t wear ordinary shoes (and yes, even with more expensive leather shoes I have the same problem), as my feet sweat so badly that I get heat rashes. When in Thailand I NEVER wear shoes...only sandals. How about everyone else??

There´s a real girls´blouse discussion going on in the ladies´ section about what shoes they have on their tiny feet today.

What do all the butchy men wear, when they´re in Thailand (oh all right.... the non-butchy men can also reply.... :o )??

I have problem feet......... even during the so-called "summer" in Europe I can´t wear ordinary shoes (and yes, even with more expensive leather shoes I have the same problem), as my feet sweat so badly that I get heat rashes. When in Thailand I NEVER wear shoes...only sandals. How about everyone else??

I'll vote for sandals, last time I had real shoes on was March 2007, a sort of semi formal reception at an ambassador's residence. Wore sox for the occasion, too.

Don't much like wearing the sox, tho, as my Ozzie friends accuse me of being a Pom!!

Mac

I do not wear shoes in South East Asia. It's too hot, and when wet season can soak you at any time, shoes are not even practical.

I wear top-quality and good looking black sandals.

Sandals are the way to go, and honestly, shoes are another example of Western Imperialism - no need for shoes here!

I absolutely detest sandals and (shudder :o ) flipflops. I wear the same clothes I wore in Canada, right down to the sweaters. I stand beside some falang who's dressed for the beach on the BTS and wonder where he thinks the water skiing is, dude looks lost.

I absolutely detest sandals and (shudder :o ) flipflops. I wear the same clothes I wore in Canada, right down to the sweaters. I stand beside some falang who's dressed for the beach on the BTS and wonder where he thinks the water skiing is, dude looks lost.

Canada? sweaters? HERE?

Duuuuuuuuude...

Light hiking boots. Very protective against the many hazards on the sidewalks etc. Been glad of them on a number of occasions. I only wore sandals when I was a newbie to Thailand before I learned my lesson. Sandals are pretty wimpy anyway, aren't they? :o

Or Frye harness motorcycle boots, when I'm mostly riding. Beautiful, indestructible, and wonderfully retro.

Leather shoes for work, but natural leather moccasin things as they are more breathable than a pair of Oxfords which would be lethal on wet sky-train stairways anyway .... with plain cotton socks. Men in sandals and shorts in a business city like Bangkok look like tourists .... which is fine if you are one.

When going casual in evenings or weekends I wear a sort of cross between a shoe and a sandal .... like a posh sandal .... to give my feet a rest from the sauna effect.

When out of the city ... slaps.

When on the bike .... short riding boots.

Women should wear killer stiletto heels every day .... except maybe on the beach ..... or in bed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how do you guys pick your shoes?

I've seen guys spend hefty amounts of time deciding if they want their "casual loafers" pointy or rounded, and then contemplate for a day over brown or black stitches. Men's shoes look alike, but it's all in the little tiny details, right? Or have I no grounds for this question?

Edited by Klyph

I've seen guys spend hefty amounts of time deciding if they want their "casual loafers" pointy or rounded, and then contemplate for a day over brown or black stitches. Men's shoes look alike, but it's all in the little tiny details, right? Or have I no grounds for this question?

Real men can buy shoes in under 5 minutes :o

Decision tree for men (over 30) buying shoes:

Black or Brown?

Do they fit?

How much?

Real men can buy shoes in under 5 minutes :o

Decision tree for men (over 30) buying shoes:

Black or Brown?

Do they fit?

How much?

...... and will a wipe with a damp cloth once a year keep them clean???? :D