Thai internet services

singa-traz

What internet service providers are the best to look into for Thailand....Dial-up & high-speed?  If I am going with dial up, what is the top speed I can achieve?  I will be in the suburbs of Bangkok.  Any info will be appreciated.

It will depend on your modem and phone line but I average between 45-50k connect speed.  Probably not much choice for hi-speed in suburbia and likely to cost at lot.  If not job would not be worth it for most.  The big three providers are INET, KSC and CSCOMS/LOXELY.  They are about the only ones with fair size trunks out of the country.

It will depend on your modem and phone line but I average between 45-50k connect speed.  Probably not much choice for hi-speed in suburbia and likely to cost at lot.  If not job would not be worth it for most.  The big three providers are INET, KSC and CSCOMS/LOXELY.  They are about the only ones with fair size trunks out of the country.

How much is the dial-up service cost for these 3 providers?

I hope we will have a complete thread here soon.

The BEST, CHEAPEST, or most RELIABLE Internet Service Provider in Thailand.

The minute price for connection will go down at the end of the year, when Thailand gets better international connections to the real internet backbone.

This is what will really drive the price down:

http://www.american.edu/carmel/jc0650a/Deregulation.htm

You may have to wait a bit longer ... 2004 ? 2005 ? or 2006 ?

Setting up the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) is taking a long long time (supposed to have been done ... 3 years ago !)... and they are the one supposed to create fair competition ...

http://www.regulateonline.org/intelecon/A-...land-021021.htm

Compare Thailand Broadband access with the Singapore Price:

- 512K Broadband, unlimited ... for less than 2,000 THB per month

(http://www.pacific.net.sg/consumer/Broadband/Personal/Price%20Plan/)

- With StarHub/SCV, you can get Cable TV AND Access to Braodband (CableModem) for approximately 3,000 THB

Vendor annoncements from Siemens and Alcatel, talking about more ADSL roll-out this year in Thailand, is still a good sign ...

If we can get 256K, unlimited access for less than 5,000 THB per month (Everything included, ADSL + ISP Access) , by next year ... that would be a big improvement.

Singa-Traz

I have used Asiaaccess for in excess of four years now. I evaluate others from time to time and have never found an alternative that has sufficient additional benefits to bother with the hassle of change...

Asiaaccess use GRIC for International Roaming.... Thats the most significant downside.

• 3 weeks later...

New Broadband Packages from Inet for Broadband:

- Price: http://www.inet.co.th/services/adsl/adsl_sbs.html

- Coverage: http://www.inet.co.th/service/adsl/adslcover_area.html

- Term & Condition: http://www.inet.co.th/services/adsl/adslterm-en.html

Not sure of any Hidden charge, or even if this is really unlimited access (no time/data volume restriction).

TOT Online ? Is it the ISP offering from TOT, that do not have an ISP license yet to offer Real ISP services, and can only offer local traffic, within Thailand, meaning you can only access web sites hosted in Thailand ?  :ghostface:

Tot seems to offer the best service from what I can gether from the replies but a question:   once you are in Thailand how do you set up a subscription with this company?  ie how do you connect and pay for the service,  sorry I am still used to AOL and it's simplicity of dd.

Sev :cool:

If you got the impression that TOT offers the best (unless you define best as free) ISP service in Thailand do not believe many of us would agree but you are free to try it.  If you have read any of the links you should be able to figure out how to get service, even if you are hand held by AOL at present.

Almost all ISP service here will be time based.  You can purchase as bulk in 7-11, bookstores, computer shops and such.  You can buy direct from ATM machines.  You can purchase subscriptions from providers.  If you have a private phone line from TA here in Bangkok you can just dial and get billed with phone bill.

Stay away from ISP's that use the 1222 dial up. In the middle of the day you'll be lucky to get on. Even once on to connect to sites takes forever. Try to use ISPs that have local numbers in whatever city you're in.

I use the TOT 1222 dial up every day and it is slower than loxinfo but not much slower.

I agree that sometimes it is unusable but it is OK on about 27 days each month.

Maybe the service varies from area to area, I have no problems midday.  Its free so try it and see if it works for you.

• 2 years later...
Interesting Paper on the Telecom Industry in Thailand:

Early Telecom Reform under Thaksin: Can Thailand Meet ITS WTO Commitment to Liberalize by 2006?

... so now, you have some ideas why Internet Access and other Telecom Services are so expensive in Thailand ...

Thank you for this link: interesting paper, which seems to have been written and published in early 2002. Little seems to have changed since then. Or have either TOT or CAT been privatized in the meantime?

Preparing for my move to Thailand, where I should like to have high-speed Internet access, I found this and other threads and have concluded that an ADSL subscription with 256/128 Kbps would seem appropriate. (At present, for my vacations in Thailand, I use a pre-paid dial-up package of Loxinfo with 56K modem connection)

Checking the ADSL offer of Loxinfo, I see that its 256/128 Kbps costs THB 690 per month. Acceptable for me.

The link to Inet’s prices (http://www.inet.co.th/services/adsl/adsl_sbs.html) you gave in this thread in May appears to have gone dead in the meantime. I have clicked around on the site of www.inet.co.th but have been unable to find their price information and I should be grateful if you could kindly give me the current link.

I have found Inet’s broadband comparison, though, and see that they offer ADSL with 256/128 Kbps for home use, but can it really be true that they make this available only upcountry, not in Bangkok, for personal subscription? I would need it in Charoennakorn Road in Klongsan, Bangkok (Thonburi)

From the chart arrived at through the link in your post #1 in this thread I see that Inet (Internet Thailand) is the only ISP buying bandwidth from all three suppliers – IIG, NIX, and IIR – and if I interpret this correctly Inet should therefore be able to provide a reasonably good bandwidth/speed to individual subscribers.

Edited by maestro

:o I'm not sure if this topic is still current, as the last post was a while ago. Now I'm wondering whats the difference between csloxinfo ADSL at 1900 baht upcountry in Sa Kaeo, and the maxnet4life 256/128 at 1450 from TT&T?. I understand from the forum that the maxnet4home is useless, as one can imagine from the various different prices for services. I suspect that csloxinfo pays TT&T for the connection that is included in the 1900 baht . Now would the csloxinfo be a better speed and connectivity? :D