Salary Tax

Hi guys

need some advices. Can anyone tell me how much is the tax for an alien working in thailand?

Would like to know the tax percentage. im abit confuse on this. i keep having this mind set regardless how much u earn. the tax will be 30%.

example.

50k baht

80k baht

120k baht

Thanks alot mates

Chokdee krup

Hi guys

need some advices. Can anyone tell me how much is the tax for an alien working in thailand?

Would like to know the tax percentage. im abit confuse on this. i keep having this mind set regardless how much u earn. the tax will be 30%.

example.

50k baht

80k baht

120k baht

Thanks alot mates

Chokdee krup

These figures should be close enough for you, but may be a bit out of date, these are p.a. not monthly by the way

Upto THB 10,000 - 0%

THB 500,000 to 1000000 - 10%

THB 1000000 to THB 4000000 - 30%

Over 4000000 - 37%

Hi guys

example.

50k baht

80k baht

120k baht

Thanks alot mates

Chokdee krup

These figures should be close enough for you, but may be a bit out of date, these are p.a. not monthly by the way

Upto THB 10,000 - 0%

Over 4000000 - 37%

thanks alot mate. They deduct monthly right? sorry is this salary pa?

Edited by bahnoo

Hi guys

example.

50k baht

80k baht

120k baht

Thanks alot mates

Chokdee krup

Upto THB 10,000 - 0%

Over 4000000 - 37%

thanks alot mate. They deduct monthly right? sorry is this salary pa?

Deducted monthly, plus deduction for your national insurance and at the end of the year, income tax form submitted and you may or may not owe them more or might get something back....basically operates same as everywhere else....if you are playing a high monthly salary which puts you in the 30% tax bracket, might want to see if the company with double contract you

Figures quoted above are not completely correct, on my B50,000 monthly salary I pay B3,350 tax per month. OP, rather than asking here, go to a Thai government website.

Bear in mind, the Thai tax system works the same as everywhere else on a sliding scale within the tax bracket, on THB 50,000 month, you are on the lower end of the tax bracket, 10% would be the maximum you would pay....ie if earning THB 1000000 p.a. you would be paying 10% - your annual is THB 600,000 therefore attracts a lower rate because you are just over the thresehold..ie you are paying about 6.5% tax..

Thanks alot guys. I trying to get a job in thailand and i just worry if i ask too low pay i may get myself paying the tax too high n left with nothing much to spend. that is my worry.

i been asking about 100 to 120k baht per mth but after see the tax format. if i get a 100k baht per mth = 12 mth : 1,200000

which i fall into the 30% tax. after minus off tax im as good as asking for a 900k baht pa salary cos the pays i get back is almost the same as the 10% tax......

so im really confuse. can anyone advice how should i cut a deal with the company if im asking for 100k baht per mth.

Actually i have told my boss to transfer me to bangkok branch, the catch is i had to resign n move there....i had to accept local term...

also i wanna ask is beside the tax percentage is there anything else i need to pay?

sorry for asking too much question. why i post here is that many exp mates here maybe able give some advice to me how i go about gettting myself living there.

Thanks alot guys. I trying to get a job in thailand and i just worry if i ask too low pay i may get myself paying the tax too high n left with nothing much to spend. that is my worry.

i been asking about 100 to 120k baht per mth but after see the tax format. if i get a 100k baht per mth = 12 mth : 1,200000

which i fall into the 30% tax. after minus off tax im as good as asking for a 900k baht pa salary cos the pays i get back is almost the same as the 10% tax......

so im really confuse. can anyone advice how should i cut a deal with the company if im asking for 100k baht per mth.

Actually i have told my boss to transfer me to bangkok branch, the catch is i had to resign n move there....i had to accept local term...

also i wanna ask is beside the tax percentage is there anything else i need to pay?

sorry for asking too much question. why i post here is that many exp mates here maybe able give some advice to me how i go about gettting myself living there.

National Insurance, think its about THB 750/month

On the 30% tax bracket you dont need to be in it, if your company is prepared to double contract you, ie take the minimum salary for a farang pay your 10% tax, rest paid offshore, For this to work the company has to agree to do it as its a bit of a gray area legally in Thailand, but goes on - OK waiting for a barrage of postings saying its actually illegal..

If they dont want to do this, negotiate a day rate after tax with them, you get the cash you want, they look after the tax etc...

Tell them you want a take home of THB 100K.

You have actually sc*ewed yourself in some ways, as you have asked to be transferred to BKK and havent negotiated the package yet..BKK is seen as a plum posting (cant understand why) so employers have a tendancy to try dumb down the packages, because they know they will find someone who will take the job..

National Insurance, think its about THB 750/month

On the 30% tax bracket you dont need to be in it, if your company is prepared to double contract you, ie take the minimum salary for a farang pay your 10% tax, rest paid offshore, For this to work the company has to agree to do it as its a bit of a gray area legally in Thailand, but goes on - OK waiting for a barrage of postings saying its actually illegal..

If they dont want to do this, negotiate a day rate after tax with them, you get the cash you want, they look after the tax etc...

Tell them you want a take home of THB 100K.

You have actually sc*ewed yourself in some ways, as you have asked to be transferred to BKK and havent negotiated the package yet..BKK is seen as a plum posting (cant understand why) so employers have a tendancy to try dumb down the packages, because they know they will find someone who will take the job..

thanks alot mate. now i more or less understand. to ask them to pay min and the rest off shore it total impossible as my company will have to do it legally.

so just have to talk to them when they are ready to post me to bkk. I'm in the IT trade doing data center. so im asking for a PM role there. managing data center build and operation in IT.

why im ask for posting is that i love thailand n i wanna stay there long term also bcos my gf is a thai. we intend to get married end of the yr...