Looking For Battery For 3 Litre Diesel Toyota

monsieurhappy

Thanks for the replies guys but I was hoping some-one would have somewhere specific in mind.

I'm the one who always gets in the wrong queue at the supermarket etc. and you can guarantee that after I've been and paid xxx for a new battery some-one will say they got one at such & such a place where they are less!

Just look at the last 2 replies!

Why not try the Toyota dealers? :D

I bought a new battery for my Toyota 3.0 (in Ubon) earlier this year for around 4500.- baht.

Might be more expensive in Patters.............. :o:D

You were shafted, big style!! :D

Just about 100m past Pattaya Klang heading north, you will see a shop with a lot of batteries displayed outside, around 2500 Baht Negotiable fitted!, and they will give you 100 baht discount/allowance for your old battery.

^ Long drive from Udon though :D

and ditto from Ubon :D

However a quality battery might cost (and be worth) a bit more money than the cheapest one.

A 3 litre Toyota pick up requires a good battery. (at least in mho) :o

If you can get a top battery for 2500.- baht - then no more questions' needed - you've found the right place :D

Mr. Happy,

I have owned two cars (gasoline powered) and now an Isuzu diesel pick-up.

Diesel engines require a stronger (as in cranking amps) then gasoline engines.

If your Toyota is gasoline powered, you should be able to find a decent new battery in the price range of 2000-3000 baht.

If your Toyota is diesel powered, the battery price will 30%-40% more.

I can't remember exactly, but a diesel (because of the high compression aspect) needs at least 65 amps.

Maybe someone with more experience in batteries can help you.

For my Isuzu, 2.5 liter diesel engine, I paid 3,600 baht (one year ago) at the Shell service center here in Udon Thani. I believe the batteries make is "GS" and has 90 amp rating with a three year warranty.

As with most things, you get what you pay for.

I have had no problems what so ever with mine.

I also opted for the model that allows you to add water when it gets low. I never could get my head around those maintenance free batteries in this climate. But that is just me. I am sure the maintenance free work just fine.

Good luck.

The new battery i bought for my ford ranger cost 4.200,it's maintenance free and i shopped around and couldnt get the same battery anywhere cheaper,that was over 8 months ago.a friend just enquired about a new battery for his old isuzu pickup and the cheapest he can find is 2.800 and he is thai and knows his way around.So i think about 4000 for a decent sized battery for your toyota would be about right,i used the Denso air sop just past the esso station on sukhumvit just before the naklua traffic lights.

Well there was no way I was going to pay extra for a "maintenance free" battery because when I once took my truck for a service at Toyota they tried to take the caps off the m/f batt. to top it up!

So I went to the place LennyW suggested and got a GS 120 fitted for 2700 baht total.

They did try to sell me a more expensive one for 3200.

With a 1 year guarantee we shall see how it lasts.

I find it very surprising that anyone would give a 3 year guarantee in Thailand, neither of my previous batteries have lasted 3 years.

Well there was no way I was going to pay extra for a "maintenance free" battery because when I once took my truck for a service at Toyota they tried to take the caps off the m/f batt. to top it up!

So I went to the place LennyW suggested and got a GS 120 fitted for 2700 baht total.

They did try to sell me a more expensive one for 3200.

With a 1 year guarantee we shall see how it lasts.

I find it very surprising that anyone would give a 3 year guarantee in Thailand, neither of my previous batteries have lasted 3 years.

I changed my battery earlier this year, after driving 90.000 km over a 3,5 year period.

The first one was new and so was the pick up (Toyota Sportcruiser 3.0 litre turbo diesel) :o