Club Or Country?

rixalex

Club or Country?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always think who would i support if England played Manchester United and without a doubt i would want United to win,that said your home team area where you came from has got a closer feeling to you than the country you was born in as a whole.

But if the two teams are playing on seperate occasions i would want them both to win,it just so happens i have more passion for my home town team than the country team that i was born in.

Come the close season i will be supporting England passionatly because it is the biggest football competition on the planet and i am English,with some Irish in me.

I do not understand the logic in not supporting your country in a major competition at the end of the day it is sport and not racial or political.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed, the country i happened to be born in's football team has a rather large following of racists, xenophobes and annoying trumpet playing 'barmy' <deleted> who think that the purpose of going to watch a football match is simply to piss off people there to watch the football itself. .

And yet you would prefer Brazil than England to win, who have the even more noisy, Samba band :)

Sorry stevie but if those are your reasons for not supporting England, then I think it's time you stopped supporting Liverpool. Cos every team have those type of idjits. I bet even the Church of England's first XI, have a couple of racists in there. :D

that said your home team area where you came from has got a closer feeling to you than the country you was born in as a whole.

Surely that can't apply to all those Cockney Man United fans can it :)

Lol ...as the song goes "if they know there history" then they are welcomed!

Cheap shot from Stockport that one :D

indeed, the country i happened to be born in's football team has a rather large following of racists, xenophobes and annoying trumpet playing 'barmy' <deleted> who think that the purpose of going to watch a football match is simply to piss off people there to watch the football itself.

How unlucky for you to be born in England. How different things would have been had you been born in France, Spain, Italy, Argentina, etc, because those countries don't have any racists, xenophobes or trumpet players, do they?

Let's face it, every club, every country, has its share of knobs both on and off the pitch. Does England have more than most. Possibly yes, possibly no. Hard to tell. Does it change how i feel in my heart about supporting the England team? Absolutely no.

If i had some way of statisically proving that your club had more knobs associated to it than other clubs, would it change how you felt or affect your support for that club? I somehow doubt it.

that said your home team area where you came from has got a closer feeling to you than the country you was born in as a whole.

LOL, Rochdale actually....! :D

redrus

LOL, Rochdale actually....! :D

:D Riyadh actually :D

Sunderland over England. Easy.

west ham over scotland or england , all day long,

club 1st, 101%

country? couldnt give a sh**te, , the country i was born in seem to have a rather large following

of drunken ginger wig wearing , clowns, i prefer to distance myself from them. for some strange reason :)

coyi

indeed, the country i happened to be born in's football team has a rather large following of racists, xenophobes and annoying trumpet playing 'barmy' <deleted> who think that the purpose of going to watch a football match is simply to piss off people there to watch the football itself. i have nothing in common with the vast majority of england fans and thank christ that i am abroad for this coming world cup. nothing like being in london when all the world cup fans come out and populate the pubs blurting out the latest ill-informed crap they've picked up from that morning's star or s*n. tossers.

Surely better than Ginger Syrup's thohgh Stevie ?? :D

country? couldnt give a sh**te, , the country i was born in seem to have a rather large following

of drunken ginger wig wearing , clowns, i prefer to distance myself from them. for some strange reason :D

coyi

It seems like this is the fashionable attitude for English people to have these days - "England is a <deleted> hole full of <deleted>".

Yeah, like all the other countries around the world are blissful places to live full of perfect people.

Do yourself and the rest of us who do give a <deleted> about the place where we were born, a favour - take a trip to your nearest British Embassy and hand over your passport. Just be done with it, why don't you? You won't be missed. :D

Rix, he's not English Mate, did the " Ginger Wigs " part not give it away ?? :)

i'd rather see liverpool win an egg and spoon race than england with the world cup. but then i've never put much store by patriotism and national pride and i've been pretty spoiled by supporting a club that has always won trophies. so agree with james' point about fans of clubs who never win anything having more of an interest in england being successful.

Thats good mate because thats just about as much as Liverpool will win the forseeable future :D

He is right thogh Carmine, picture this :

Commentator : " Terry, plays it out to Lampard, Lampard passes to Aaron Lennon on the iwng who beats his Man, crosses it in to Peter Crouch & the T*ttenhma Striker has just won the WC for England " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound's great yeah !!

<deleted> that.. :)

Fans on lower League Clubs are more likely to follow England too these days & in days gone by & i believe part of that is because of the lack of conflict between things like the above.

West Hma do have a big England Following, i've been all over the World following England but now, with Footballers the way they are, i just can't do it anymore & added to that, i don't believe that many of them even wnat to play for the Country any more & see it as an inconvenince, i honeslty believe that & it angers me more than you could believe.

I know there are others that believe like i do who have also followed England everywhere & don't any more..

But thats probably more to do with them getting older and having other financial commitments, footballers have been arrogant cocksuckers completely out of touch for at least 10-15 years, and if you look at people like Jimmy Greeves even since back then so this cant be the reason.

All those players mentioned are shandy drinking vegetarian cockneys and id be delighted fro the scenario mentioned .... club and regional allegiances should be forgotten when England are on, besides wasnt JT a WestHam fan as a kid and from that area.

It probably isn't which, the Blokes i'm talking about earned more out of the sale of illegal substance in a Month than probably the pair of us in in a Year put together .. :D

& Shandy drinkin Cockney's ?? Lennon was born in Leeds & Crouch was born in Macclesfield you madman !! :D

& JT's West Ham my arse, Mr Chelsea is many, many things but West Ham is not one of them. He was/is from Barking however which is West Ham territory, i'll give you that.. :D

of drunken ginger wig wearing , clowns, i prefer to distance myself from them. for some strange reason :)

coyi

It seems like this is the fashionable attitude for English people to have these days - "England is a <deleted> hole full of <deleted>".

Yeah, like all the other countries around the world are blissful places to live full of perfect people.

Do yourself and the rest of us who do give a <deleted> about the place where we were born, a favour - take a trip to your nearest British Embassy and hand over your passport. Just be done with it, why don't you? You won't be missed. :D

i did myself a favour 19 years ago when i quit the uk ,btw sherlock, im scottish, and see no reason why im obligated to support that country , or any other country , if you give a shit , your choice , i dont give a shit , my choice,

ps ,if i gave up my passport wouldnt that restrict any future travel i may choose to do :D

see no reason why im obligated to support that country , or any other country ,

Not saying that anyone is obligated. Just saying i think it's a bullshit reason to say you don't support the national team because the supporters are knobs or cos the players are <deleted>. At United we have both. And i don't give a toss. Why? Cos every club has em, same as every country has em. I love my club. A few knobs and <deleted> won't interfer with how i feel - why should i let them? If i did, what sort of a supporter would that make me? A bit of a crap one i would say.

see no reason why im obligated to support that country , or any other country ,

Not saying that anyone is obligated. Just saying i think it's a bullshit reason to say you don't support the national team because the supporters are knobs or cos the players are <deleted>. At United we have both. And i don't give a toss. Why? Cos every club has em, same as every country has em. I love my club. A few knobs and <deleted> won't interfer with how i feel - why should i let them? If i did, what sort of a supporter would that make me? A bit of a crap one i would say.

ii said ,country? i dont give a <deleted>, i also said there are a few clowns in ginger wigs that follow them,

you said thats the reason i dont follow my country , i didnt,

i said i dont give a <deleted> about them ,never have given as shit a bout scotland , never will , regardless of who else chooses to support them,

and then you reckon i should give up my passport , because i dont care about scotland :):D .

as you stated , there are knobs at every club, agreed, but i still support west ham, which kind of contradicts your statement

ijust dont care about scotland , get over it

ii said ,country? i dont give a <deleted>, i also said there are a few clowns in ginger wigs that follow them,

you said thats the reason i dont follow my country , i didnt,

It read like a reason. If it wasn't, maybe it would have been clearer if you had stated what the reason was - assuming there is one.

and then you reckon i should give up my passport , because i dont care about scotland :):D .

It was tongue in cheek. Just get bored with all this anti-British crap from the Brits.

as you stated , there are knobs at every club, agreed, but i still support west ham, which kind of contradicts your statement

Doesn't contradict anything i have said. It contradicts those who say they have given up supporting England cos of the <deleted>, but have no problem continuing to support their club - or for that matter other national teams.

Nought to get over.

club 1st, 101%

coyi

"coyi"

Ah have to laugh,

what about all the plastic paddies showing up at ROI games in their hoops tops, what the <deleted> has a hoops top to do with Eire.

No wonder the genuine shake their head in disbelief.

Scotlands shame Eires embarassment.

club 1st, 101%

coyi

"coyi"

Ah have to laugh,

what about all the plastic paddies showing up at ROI games in their hoops tops, what the <deleted> has a hoops top to do with Eire.

No wonder the genuine shake their head in disbelief.

Scotlands shame Eires embarassment.

"coyi'

refers to west ham.

just for the record , i dont care about the irish team either

^^^^

Imola,

eat humble pie, apologise and the next couple of beers are on me.

Sorry for any confusion, sometime farang speak with forked tongue.

No hard feelings on my part.

See you in Minto's bar next time you are in Leith.

Well <deleted> to some of you, Lennons almost back so is A Cole, G Johnson is back, Rooneys getting a much needed rest, Gerrard and Lampard are starting to hit a bit of form, Ferdinands putting a string of games together, Walcott is faster then the Spaniards and JT's out the papers ... im thinking as soon as we play the Septics all this arguing about club v country will be forgotten and even StevieH will be desperate for England to win.

Well <deleted> to some of you, Rooneys getting a much needed rest, England to win.

On your chuffin bike, who pays his fookin wages and, there's a fookin season to finish yet before he starts to think about playing for England...... <deleted>

I seriously wish the pro England people would get a bleeding grip. The season is still on.....!!!!!

:)

redrus

Well <deleted> to some of you, Rooneys getting a much needed rest, England to win.

On your chuffin bike, who pays his fookin wages

Hello magazine contribute a fair bit these days, as ManU are 1 point ahead of elsea i'll be hoping for them to win tomorrow and get the league wrapped up by then.

On your chuffin bike, who pays his fookin wages

Hello magazine contribute a fair bit these days, as ManU are 1 point ahead of elsea i'll be hoping for them to win tomorrow and get the league wrapped up by then.

No, Manchester United pay his wages for playing Football.

redrus

It read like a reason. If it wasn't, maybe it would have been clearer if you had stated what the reason was - assuming there is one.

It was tongue in cheek. Just get bored with all this anti-British crap from the Brits.

Doesn't contradict anything i have said. It contradicts those who say they have given up supporting England cos of the <deleted>, but have no problem continuing to support their club - or for that matter other national teams.

Nought to get over.

Rix, you could have a row in a Room on your own it seems at the moment Fella.. :D

On your chuffin bike, who pays his fookin wages and, there's a fookin season to finish yet before he starts to think about playing for England...... <deleted>

I seriously wish the pro England people would get a bleeding grip. The season is still on.....!!!!!

redrus

As if a non Man Ure Supporter & Pro England Man would give a monkeys about Man Ure's Season though Red ?? :D

^^^^

Imola,

eat humble pie, apologise and the next couple of beers are on me.

Sorry for any confusion, sometime farang speak with forked tongue.

No hard feelings on my part.

See you in Minto's bar next time you are in Leith.

no worries , you could get those beers in if youre ever down samui way :)

redrus

As if a non Man Ure Supporter & Pro England Man would give a monkeys about Man Ure's Season though Red ?? :D

Ah, sorry pal, I just imagined that anyone with a modicum of sense could put themselves in the same position for a moment....! :D Silly me....!

redrus