Nokia 6300 A Decent Phone?

mitebbots

I have a 6300 and it's a v. nice phone but the battery is not too good.

I have since bought a 3110 classic, I'm glad I did, 7 days standby,

& all the features of the 6300 except the warning light for missed calls.

I can live without that.

Get the 3110c. :o

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_3110_classic-1862.php

Edited by GungaDin

My better half have and recommends Nokia 6500 classic. It's slim, light and have a beautiful finish.

6500 slide is a lot better for just a little more cost.

The Nokia 6500 slide is indeed a good phone. Currently it goes for less than 10,000 THB. It has a beautiful finish, a very good camera (outdoor) and a very nice looking black OS.

In the bush of the many mobile phones I recommend to google around for reviews before you buy one. Here's a review of the 6500. http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6500_slide-review-198.php

Will any of these charge from the USB cable? would like to carry less cables and charge from the laptop. Will look at all these - thanks again...

Not sure, I have the cable but not used it in that manner.

I carry one of these and a spare AA battery in my pocket.

Cheap as chips in BKK.

826b_1.JPG

Will any of these charge from the USB cable? would like to carry less cables and charge from the laptop. Will look at all these - thanks again...

Cheap as chips in BKK.

Thanks for this info, GungaDin. Never seen it. Good to know.

Cheap as chips in BKK.

Thanks for this info, GungaDin. Never seen it. Good to know.

No problem, I've had loads of help here, it's nice to be able to give back. :o

Tip: use good quality AA's like Duracell etc, cheapies will be sucked dry in less than 30 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has a new 6500 slider. She spends a LOT of time trying out all the features. So far the only thing she complains about is the quality of the video clips is not that good. The still pictures are impressive though.

I don't understand why Nokia decided to use the mini USB cable on that phone rather that the normal USB cable that my E51 uses. Surely it would be easier to use the same USB cable with all their phones.

Three Nokia phones and three different cables is just plain stupid.

I have had many many phones and now have a sony ericson K88i, it is by far the best phone I have ever had and the easiest to use. If you have spent much time with computers and the tree systems you easily get to know this phone.

It charges happily though the usb and has a great camera.

The nokia 6300 is a pretty old phone now, my son had one almost three years ago.

Edited by benjamat

• 10 months later...

I know that its almost a year since anyone has commented here on this topic, however, my gf's mom loves the 6300 and although it maybe a phone that's over 3 - 4 years old am trying to get it for her as a surprise. And instead of starting a new topic, I thought I'd continue here for anyone else who may be searching for the same (mods feel free to move this).

My question is, how much is the Nokia 6300 in BKK today? Where I am currently at, I can buy this phone (new) for 4,500 Baht, and on some online Thai cell phone forum shop site (http://www.thaimobilecenter.com/spec/Nokia_6300.asp) I have seen it for about 4,250 Baht. Now unfortunately as I don't read Thai, I can't figure out what it states on the forum, however, if I buy it here in Bahrain, the keypad is a cross between English and Arabic and the language is all English and then having to go through the hassle of purchasing thai keypads, etc. and the like will be a dance. I want the 6300 localized to Thai themes and options, including local Thai keypad, and language and so I would rather buy it in BKK instead, but if the price is going to be more than 4,800 Baht, I may as well buy it before I get to Thailand next month.

Your advice, please folks :) And thanks in advance.

The low 4000s sounds about right. I checked in March this year and it was hovering about 5,000. I was originally planning on getting the 6300 and came across the Nokia 5130. It's one of the XpressMusic phones, so you may find the red or blue a bit garish, but it has all the features of the 6300 plus a standard headphone jack. Sound quality is definitely superior to my iPod. Best of all the price is about B3800 at the powerbuy in Chidlom.

The low 4000s sounds about right. I checked in March this year and it was hovering about 5,000. I was originally planning on getting the 6300 and came across the Nokia 5130. It's one of the XpressMusic phones, so you may find the red or blue a bit garish, but it has all the features of the 6300 plus a standard headphone jack. Sound quality is definitely superior to my iPod. Best of all the price is about B3800 at the powerbuy in Chidlom.

5130 does seem like a nice little phone. how hard to tether to my laptop and use internet? Will that work with 1-2-Call or would i need another provider? years ago I used to use my phone as a 14.4 baud modem that actually worked well for basic email.

Edited by mitebbots

I have a 5130 Xpress Music and it is a good little phone. The sound is excellent besides having a standard audio jack, but maybe the best part is that the phone call quality is very good. It has the pain in the ass small Nokia USB port. I don't know why Nokia does that.

I was disappointed that it is not compatible with my Audible audio books. My E51 IS compatible. I use the 5130 for mp3 books and music, like a Walkman. Battery life is good using a quality set of ear phones.

ADDED - I forgot to mention that both the Bluetooth and the cable connect to my computers and the Internet connection is just as good as the E51. I change back and forth from AIS to Dtac and both work equally well.

Edited by Gary A

Use www.siamphone.com

for prices and info on phones, at the bottom of each description is a link to a page in English if needed.

When you open the site, look at the menu on the left, choose "Price List" then Make of phone, then specific phone, the description comes up but in Thai, if you look at the top it tells you the price on the top right hand side, unless the phone is due to be released.

If you then go to the bottom of the page on the right hand side it gives you links to other pages about the phone in English.

Edited by beano2274