A Quick Update From Meals On Wheels 4u

buzzer101

Hi all,

Just to let you know we have a few additions on our site.

Firstly we have new restaurant listings which are Subway, Smoothie Blue and Eping, which have all been requested for from customers.

Miguels Cafe has a new menu with more favourites and also the addition of

Sizzlin' Fajitas

We have started delivering wines along side soft drinks and beers on our Mini Mart and hopefully soon will be adding some deli products.

We also do deliver further then 10 Km's but charges vary.

If you think there is something which you would like us to try and add onto the site (within reason :o ) feel free to let us know and also if you have any certain requests for the Mini Mart.

Cheers

Nice idea, looked at the site for the first time this morning. But I kind of expected to be able to click onto a restaurant name and see what's on offer, at what price (as with your minimart selection) ... or how about the equivalent of the Pattaya set-up where they give out a free copy of the menus of each listed restaurant at the start of the year, bound together in a (very) large book.

I'm a lazy sod so I could well be using your services pretty often. But because I've got little idea what I want without seeing the menu, I can't see how it would work for me ... unless I'm missing something? (quite possibly) ...

Pattaya also has a method of identifying callers, once they've ordered for the first time, by phone number - which calls up full address details so you don't have to go through that hassle each time you call.

Ah, just spotted elsewhere .....

the menu's appear from 10.30 AM when we open

(Why?)

And out of interest, if I crave a full English brekkie at 9.30 am (the likes of the Olde Bell are open then), any plans for opening earlier? Or am I the only farang awake at that unearthly hour....

Look forward to trying your services tonight, by the way :o .

Hi Guys,

Thanks for some more feedback.

Riclev I'll try and get in touch with Blue Diamond within the next few days and see if they would like to participate and post an note here if and when the menu is online.

FarangCravings, the reason why we have not done online ordering yet is because we are still only 3 months old and am trying to train staff to exactly understand what and how the whole thing works. Also I am not always at a computer to me able to check email orders all the time and am afraid a few could slip through the net where customers may think they have ordered but nobody has picked it up. We will however in the next 6 month try and get this part of the system up and running so please bear with us.

Wedders, we tried putting the menu on 24 hours but we started getting customers calling at all sorts of hours in the night assumimg that we are open 24/7 and to be honest with you we have a couple of very young kids and it started to disprupt them. We are thinking of opening earlier but again that is in the pipline depending on the demand for breakfast orders.

With the printed copy of a menu, the main problem in Chiang Mai is that a lot of restaurants tend to change their menus and prices quite regularly and this then gets tricky as a customer will have a hard copy which is 2 or 3 months old with an old menu and prices so again it is messy.

We also do take down customer details once and have a system which keeps a record so you donot have to keep repeating your details over again.

I think you will find the site quite easy to navigate once you try it.

Thanks

I have a complaint re: mealsonwheels4u ..... that we didn't have this service earlier .... :o

I have used mealsonwheels4u close to a dozen times now, and every time my order has arrived hot and fast to my door. Excellent service from Mike and the delivery guy's.

I highly recommend mealsonwheels to anyone in Chiang Mai......

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just another quick update.

Ricklev, we have managed to add Blue Diamond onto our listing so it is now live.

We have also another new restaurant, Gohonya which has been requested for which specializes in Sushi, Sashimi, Ramen and Sobu.

O'Malley's have a new menu with a few new dishes and desserts.

Tha Naam also has a new menu with a few new additions.

Cafe Gourment by La Gondola are now open on Sundays as well.

We will be adding pizzas from Mad Dog next week so look out for that.

If there are any more requests please let us know :o

Cheers

Also I like to thank MoW's for their excellent service. Very efficient, great choice of restaurants (despite the fact that I choose always the same :o), food is nice and hot, and always right on time in front of my door.

Nienke

I have so far only used this service a few times but would like to add my rave review.

Very friendly, excellent service even out here in the boonies of Wang Tan Village where I live, an ever-increasing list of restaurants and offerings, always remembers who I am and where I live...

Good on ya, MealsOnWheels4U !

Tucking into a meal from Pulcinella da Stefano right now - salade niçoise (or whatever they call it in Italian), fish in white wine and garlic sauce, + vegetables.

Arrived in 20 minutes, and absolutely delicious. Great service as ever buzzer101.

Thanks all for the the thumbs up :o

Just wanted to let you know we now also deliver from Bake & Bite but they are only open till 4.30 PM Mon-Sat and 3.00PM on Sundays.

We have New Delhi as an addition and also Mad Dog pizzas are on the site as well now.

Chiang Mai Saloon have a new menu with old favorites and new items added.

Cheers

Quick question from someone who would LOVE to use this service: If I call to confirm my order, will I be able to speak to someone who speaks English? I haven't figured out how to describe my condo's location in Thai! Thanks.

Quick question from someone who would LOVE to use this service: If I call to confirm my order, will I be able to speak to someone who speaks English? I haven't figured out how to describe my condo's location in Thai! Thanks.

Hi Angelal,

I'm the guy who answers the phone and have lived over 30 years in the UK so no prob's with the English :o

Hi Angelal,

I'm the guy who answers the phone and have lived over 30 years in the UK so no prob's with the English :o

Super!

Tucking into a meal from Pulcinella da Stefano right now - salade niçoise (or whatever they call it in Italian), fish in white wine and garlic sauce, + vegetables.

Arrived in 20 minutes, and absolutely delicious. Great service as ever buzzer101.

Have used the great services of mealsonwheels4u approximately a dozen times now (always from Stefano's). Food has always arrived hot to my door. Delivery guys are first class as well. AAA+++ Buzzer101

i will add my bit to this , I ordered, for the first time last week, The tucker from Royal India arrived within 30 minutes, all piping hot, even the salad was nice and warm :o The delivery man was a charmer, You are on a good thing here mike. Cheers

What, you haven't got your free meal yet (wink wink nudge nudge)?

Naw, I think these are just folks who own Fortuners, who finally figured out that it is a lot cheaper to order food in, and watch the footie on the plasma at home, than fire up the Megalosaurus.... :o

On your menus, there is a place to 'fill us in on what it is'... I would like you to use this feature not just for western food, but on the Thai and Indian menus too. Too many blanks here I feel. Very confusing to me. :o

On your menus, there is a place to 'fill us in on what it is'... I would like you to use this feature not just for western food, but on the Thai and Indian menus too. Too many blanks here I feel. Very confusing to me. :D

Hi Ajarn,

Yes you're right there is a description box but the problem we have is we can only put on the info which the restaurant gives us and unfortunately the Thai and Indian restaurants do not offer any descriptions. I will however try and speak to them and see if they can provide more details. I do try and tell all the restaurants that the more details they provide the better as I get customers asking me what the food item is and sometimes I do not have a clue. :o