A Quick Update From Meals On Wheels 4u

buzzer101

On your menus, there is a place to 'fill us in on what it is'... I would like you to use this feature not just for western food, but on the Thai and Indian menus too. Too many blanks here I feel. Very confusing to me. :D

Hi Ajarn,

Yes you're right there is a description box but the problem we have is we can only put on the info which the restaurant gives us and unfortunately the Thai and Indian restaurants do not offer any descriptions. I will however try and speak to them and see if they can provide more details. I do try and tell all the restaurants that the more details they provide the better as I get customers asking me what the food item is and sometimes I do not have a clue. :o

As an alternative for the Thai restaurants, maybe suggest that they use Thai names for dishes. Out of the many 'Northern Style' type dishes, what are they called in Thai?

Sponsor or not, if they're good they deserve praise and deserve to succeed. I've used MOW once and was very pleased with the service. Fast, efficient, friendly, hassle-free. And the delivery charge? No more than what it would cost to drive to the restaurant and back, so it's not even a consideration.

• 1 month later...

Kudos to the Owner of this Business I have lived 13km out of town for many years and have been lucky enoughto get Pizza delivery through one of the Chains.

Decided to try this service and wow great Service and Delivered in under an hour

Great Job

Thanks for being there!!!

Thanks guys and gals for the nice comments. Good to hear we are keeping up a standard as a team.

Wjmark, I don't put the menus online when the restaurants are closed as I get people phoning through either very late at night ie 2 in the morning when we are closed or sometimes during the day when the restaurant is still closed. I have had lots of people saying "Oh if you're closed or the restaurant is closed why are you showing their menus" assuming that we or the restaurant are open. We did try it out earlier when we started but it is a diificult once to call and weigh up what works.

Thanks again for all the support.