Sumptin' Sweet

gpdjohn

A friend of mine ( yep, I have a few left )sent me this.

I haven't seen one one here but always talk of what does taste good.

So here it goes...

Crack out your easy bake oven..

5 minute coffee cup choclate cake

4 tablespoons cake flour ( that's plain flour, not self-rising )

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons baking cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips ( optional )

small dash of vanilla xtract ( essence )

1 Coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.

Add the egg and mix throughly

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well

Add chocolate chips ( if using ) and the vanilla and mix again...

Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes ( 1000 watts )

The cake will rise over the top of the mug...jai yen.

Allow to cool alittle and tip out onto a plate if you so desire.

CHOW DOWN!!

Enjoy

Now you can have your own cake and eat it to.

:o

A friend of mine ( yep, I have a few left )sent me this.

I haven't seen one one here but always talk of what does taste good.

So here it goes...

Crack out your easy bake oven..

5 minute coffee cup choclate cake

4 tablespoons cake flour ( that's plain flour, not self-rising )

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons baking cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips ( optional )

small dash of vanilla xtract ( essence )

1 Coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.

Add the egg and mix throughly

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well

Add chocolate chips ( if using ) and the vanilla and mix again...

Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes ( 1000 watts )

The cake will rise over the top of the mug...jai yen.

Allow to cool alittle and tip out onto a plate if you so desire.

CHOW DOWN!!

Enjoy

Now you can have your own cake and eat it to.

:o

You make your own cup cakes!!!

Can u crochet, too? :D

The above post contravenes the Thai Constitution as it constitutes " Cooking on 'TV' ". I have reported it to the Thai police and expect the member to be forced to resign. :o

Long live PAD, down with 'TV' cookery... :D

Yes, but I was not compensated for it..only gas money, I swear.

I was informed that this was ok..I mean, I made the phone call to a certain person in London and HE said it was alright.

Can't crochet, but do know my way around a Singer sewing machine!

The above post contravenes the Thai Constitution as it constitutes " Cooking on 'TV' ". I have reported it to the Thai police and expect the member to be forced to resign. :o

Long live PAD, down with 'TV' cookery... :D

Yes, but I was not compensated for it..only gas money, I swear.

I was informed that this was ok..I mean, I made the phone call to a certain person in London and HE said it was alright.

Can't crochet, but do know my way around a Singer sewing machine!

So when you're not making your fairy cakes (sorry 'cup cakes') or making a new quilt on your Singer sewing machine what else do you do?

Press wild flowers, perhaps?

' and on Wednesday's he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea

He's a Lumberjack and he's okay ......'

post-54542-1221397243_thumb.jpg

Edited by KevinHUNT

Methinks youse guys are leaning towards making his sexual preferences a subject and I don't feel (out of respect for many folks) you need to go there. It is GPDJohn's personal business. Small guage indeed!

Edited by bunta71

Methinks youse guys are leaning towards making his sexual preferences. A subject and I don't feel (out of respect for many folks) you need to go there. It is GPDJohn's personal business. Small guage indeed!

You're right. What he does in the privacy of his home shouldn't concern us. :D Unless, he wants to share it with us, that is... cup cakes and all.

The macho Avatar was a give away, though. :D

I used to think the same about Blinky Bill.

Big bike, leathers and .... a cuddly cute bear as an Avatar???? :D

Then he changed it to an alien. Confusing. :o

Edited by KevinHUNT

Since when does cooking, baking, sewing, cleaning house, doing laundry, etc.... have anything to do with ones sexuality? Having been a bachelor for over 25 years I find myself to be a much better cook than most women. And when I did date prior to getting married and brought a date home she was always looking around and asking where my wife was since the house was so clean and orderly.

By the way, I make a pretty delicious cheesecake. :o

Well, after a long career of hunting humans for a living, I decided if Ramsey can earn over a kagillion- billion a year and started as a pastry chef making little..fairy cakes :o who the heck is to argue.

I actually do enjoy it and I'm man enough to say it gosh darn it.

So, without further delay..

Get your favorite apron on,

Crank up your Susie Homemaker easy bake oven again,

put your favorite Carpenter's album on,

and away we go.....

Micowave Cheesecake

8 oz cream cheese

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

1 cup sour cream

9 inch pre made graham cracker crust

dash o' vanilla

Mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla 'till smooth.

Stir in the sour cream.

Pour into crust ( hopefully you have figured out that you'll need a 9 inch microwavable pie plate )

Heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the center is almost set.

Chill a minimun of 3 hrs..prefered method is overnight.

oh yeah..

Palladin could kick John Wayne's one lung'd ass, or at least gouged out an eye.

He was a bad dude. " Have gun, will travel "

and Im moving it to the western food section, where the recipe will be appreciated

I think theres enough political discussions happening on various threads. We dont need to turn a nice sweet recipe into one of them

moved

Are we talking proper "European" i.e. baked sour cream/cream cheese cheesecake - or the US/Aussie version (gooey sweet glop)?

I'm talking good old fashion sour cream/cream cheese using my very own homegrown raspberries.... yum yum

As well as a killer rhubarb/strawberry pie......

Are we talking proper "European" i.e. baked sour cream/cream cheese cheesecake - or the US/Aussie version (gooey sweet glop)?

There are lots of different types - the ones made from cottage cheese are diifficult to find, but great.

I think that you might be talking about what we call a "New York" cheesecake or a "German" cheesecake which are often very dry and not very sweet. I will take a moist, soft, cream cheese with graham cracker crust over one of those dry ones anytime!

May I say that there are a few things in which Germany is in the lead - Beer - Sausages - Cakes

When in the old days I had time to travel and happend to be in Germany, one of my first stops was a "Konditorei" and the sheer selection of goodies behind the glass counter is mind boggling from deliciously ligh baked cheese cakes to whipped cream based "Sahnekuchen" with hazelnuts and beautifully presented fruit-cakes with real, fresh whipped cream and the old favorite, a perfectly excuted "Schwarzwaelder Kirsch" with its base soaked in Kirschwasser ..... hmmmmmmmm once I left one of those places I probably gained a coupple of KG in weight, but it's certainly worth it.

I personally can not eat the very heavy american style cheese cakes nor the locally available "buttercream" stuff lucking any finesse in flavor or texture, just heavy and extremely sweet. One of the secrets of the German cakes is that yes, they are sweet and so is the whipped cream which is much lighter than buttercream but the sweetnes is not as overwhelming as with the US cheese cakes and certainly the buttercream stuff..

Now the sausages I make and sell here .. the beer is avaiable .. when is some "Konditor" going to open such a place here, producing exactly the same quality as in Germany ?

John (not normally a sweet tooth but once in a while )

I don't think that we are referring to the same thing as the German - or New York style that I am refering to is much heavier than the soft ones made with cream cheese in the U.S. Most places cover them with a berry sauce and/or whip cream to hide how dry they are and add some sweetness. The cream cheese cakes don't need any covering up! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I personally can not eat the very heavy american style cheese cakes nor the locally available "buttercream" stuff lucking any finesse in flavor or texture, just heavy and extremely sweet. One of the secrets of the German cakes is that yes, they are sweet and so is the whipped cream which is much lighter than buttercream but the sweetnes is not as overwhelming as with the US cheese cakes and certainly the buttercream stuff..

I think the German cheesecake JohnBKKK is describing is what I meant as "baked". As a kid, I had 2 German great-aunts who were amazing cake makers and I used to alternate "dropping in" on them on their baking days......... :o . But - either of them would have had a fainting fit at the idea of adding any fruit conserve or jam to the top - "oh, the horror" :D . Cheesecakes were either plain or - at most - had a few sultanas in the mixture....... either way with the top a gorgeous brown from the baking (so no microwave for me!). Definitely light and a mouthwatering balance of slightly cheesy savoury and sweet. Apart from that, the main difference was that their cheesecake would separate from the fork cleanly rather than cling to it like cream cheese............ ermmmmm........ "glop".

Each to their own :D .

I think the German cheesecake JohnBKKK is describing is what I meant as "baked". As a kid, I had 2 German great-aunts who were amazing cake makers and I used to alternate "dropping in" on them on their baking days......... :o . But - either of them would have had a fainting fit at the idea of adding any fruit conserve or jam to the top - "oh, the horror" :D . Cheesecakes were either plain or - at most - had a few sultanas in the mixture....... either way with the top a gorgeous brown from the baking (so no microwave for me!). Definitely light and a mouthwatering balance of slightly cheesy savoury and sweet. Apart from that, the main difference was that their cheesecake would separate from the fork cleanly rather than cling to it like cream cheese............ ermmmmm........ "glop".

Each to their own :D .

YES !!!!!! this is the one with sultanas which burst with a sweet flavorful explosion in your mouth and the cake is baked and moist but light ... ohhhh wonderful cheesy yet sweet flavor ....... hmmmm I think if I want it I have to probably make it .. but time is a problem and since even the Thai wife and especially the daughter loves it ... wonder if there will be anyting left for the Bistro ....

I think the German cheesecake JohnBKKK is describing is what I meant as "baked".

That sounds right, but I find the baked kind much heavier and drier than the type that is mixed in a bowl (I guess that they both use cream cheese). Each to their own is right, but lots of people like one kind or the other, but few people seem to like both.

I can eat the baked type, but much prefer the creamier type.

I think the German cheesecake JohnBKKK is describing is what I meant as "baked".

That sounds right, but I find the baked kind much heavier and drier than the type that is mixed in a bowl (I guess that they both use cream cheese). Each to their own is right, but lots of people like one kind or the other, but few people seem to like both.

I can eat the baked type, but much prefer the creamier type.

Hi Ulysses - the German baked version uses quark .. kind of cottage cheese which by nature is lighter than cream cheese and if done correctly it is actually a relatively light cake when compared to the US cream cheese cakes - when I get the time I will make one now that my appetite has been raised for this delicious cake ... :o I can actually eat both but of the US version only a very small slice where as of the German one ... save the cake