Don Muang Airport To Be New Government House

george

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they have now changed orignal story to 8 million. Can't find 1 billion story now.

Cabinet approves Bt8million to transform Don Muang airport as Government House

That makes considerably more sense unless they were rebuilding all the runways. :o Perhaps the 1B was what the new permanent location will cost and they got the wrong archive information.

That one is going to going to cost significantly more than 1....

to make way for construction of a new parliament building for 30 Billion Baht.

- TNA / Aug 23, 2008

PM, cabinet to work out of Don Mueang

ANUCHA CHAROENPO

Don Mueang airport will be used as temporary offices for the prime minister and the cabinet whose workplaces at Government House have been occupied by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) for almost a month. The cabinet yesterday approved a budget of eight million baht to the Secretariat of the Cabinet to modify parts of the airport and turn them into cabinet offices.

Full Sory:http://www.bangkokpost.com/170908_News/17Sep2008_news11.php

Apparantly they seem to feel that the protest will go on for a long time as they do not seek for a solution for the crisis just want to make sure those mass development

project's get started so they can fill their pockets just as their former boss did.

I had an incident a while ago with a few of those PPP mp's and they really only think of themselves.

They really do not care to develop Thailand and it's citizens towards a more democratic and modern place to be.

A lot of them really do classify as Psychopaths when you analyse their behaviour and actions.

Sad for Thailand and it's genuine and honest people, yes there are some.

Sorry for all my spelling and grammar mistakes, I am not a native speaker but try my best.

Just hope that one day things will change for the better here.

Alex

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary

Psychopath Function: noun

: a mentally ill or unstable individual; especially : one having an antisocial personality

Seems to me trying to curtail corruption in government is not very crazy.

American Heritage Dictionary

n. A person with an antisocial personality disorder,

manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior

without empathy or remorse.

Could be talking about Dr. T. or Samak as easily.

Charging a line of people with sticks, while you have an machete is pretty aggressive and criminal.

Incitement to riot is criminal and rather amoral too.

Losing a man, then prompting a grieving sister to file suit against those you attacked

seems aggressive and very amoral. And not at all empathetic.

The temporary seat of government is expected to open for business as soon as possible although there is no deadline for the renovation work to complete.

Well, if it's like anything else then, these renovations could be going on years from now.

The initial 8 mil will disappear quickly, with maybe a couple offices set up for the highest of the big-wigs. Then there will have to be more appropriations, cost over-runs, construction delays, an election (or two), half a dozen new allegations of corruption in the bidding/construction/purchasing processes and a dozen new court cases to deal with those half a dozen allegations.

And that's if every thing goes smoothly !! :o

Looks like they have now changed orignal story to 8 million. Can't find 1 billion story now.

Cabinet approves Bt8million to transform Don Muang airport as Government House

That makes considerably more sense unless they were rebuilding all the runways. :o Perhaps the 1B was what the new permanent location will cost and they got the wrong archive information.

That one is going to going to cost significantly more than 1....

to make way for construction of a new parliament building for 30 Billion Baht.

- TNA / Aug 23, 2008

If it costs more that is just too bad. There is only one party too blame....

Apparantly they seem to feel that the protest will go on for a long time as they do not seek for a solution for the crisis just want to make sure those mass development

project's get started so they can fill their pockets just as their former boss did.

I had an incident a while ago with a few of those PPP mp's and they really only think of themselves.

They really do not care to develop Thailand and it's citizens towards a more democratic and modern place to be.

A lot of them really do classify as Psychopaths when you analyse their behaviour and actions.

Sad for Thailand and it's genuine and honest people, yes there are some.

Sorry for all my spelling and grammar mistakes, I am not a native speaker but try my best.

Just hope that one day things will change for the better here.

Alex

Im sorry you feel bad about politicians. But unfortunetly the way government works is by having them. Im sure Psychopaths is going a little bit far dont you think? Maybe you need to take out your dictionary and look that one up.

Just more high powered thinking from a bunch of clowns -- well it's only 1 billion.

Agreed. Have you all noticed how the number and quality of letters to the BP and The Nation from farangs on this sick humour topic has dropped dramatically? They are more worried about VITAL topics like the answers to the crossword puzzles.

And rightly so.

This circus is also being ignored by the bigger businesses and the bigger money men. Eg: Why is the baht not down the drain by now??

Because.............................

THEY ARE ALL TOO DAFT TO LAUGH AT!!

Not such a bad idea really....if they made it permanent. And while they're at it they might as well go the whole hog and build a new govournment house right outside the city so that in future if people want to demonstrate there they can do it without inconveniencing everyone else. Turn the old place into a ' Museum of Democracy ' . :o

It is way past time to get the PAD out of the government house. It's time to set up barriers around the property. You can come out but you cannot go in. No food and no water. Shut off the water and electricity. It might take a week or so but they WOULD come out.

And the built in golf course between the runways come in handy. Now PM cannot have excuse not attending parliment because they are golfing with (Singapore/Myanmar) clients.

also ,,after they have creamed the crop ,, just step out the door and onto a plane ,,, gone in ten minutes to join Thaksin

cheers

egg

Not such a bad idea really....if they made it permanent. And while they're at it they might as well go the whole hog and build a new govournment house right outside the city so that in future if people want to demonstrate there they can do it without inconveniencing everyone else. Turn the old place into a ' Museum of Democracy ' . :o

Either just build a couple of government houses, so PAD can't seize all of them.

Or build a government house on wheels, so it is more difficult to catch.

My neighbor says that the Don Muang airport is on air force land and that the PPP just paid up for delaying the next coup - sounds rather fantastic to me, but hey anything is possible!

That sounds quite likely to me.

Given the location I was thinking that the military will not have so far

to go next time they want to stage a Coup.................

Has anyone explained why the move is only "temporary"??????????

h90 here are some more cost that you can afford after paying for the grass at government house. I have been to a lot of different gatherings of Thai's and seen the mess that is left behind and you think that 50,000 Baht will cover the cost at government house, you are wish fully thinking.

Rocky3

It is way past time to get the PAD out of the government house. It's time to set up barriers around the property. You can come out but you cannot go in. No food and no water. Shut off the water and electricity. It might take a week or so but they WOULD come out.

I could not agree with you more, it should have been done as soon as they took over the property. Riot police surround the area and no more people can enter, try and you are carted off to jail. Leave peacefully and you are free to go, except for the leaders that need to pay for everything, clean-up, repairs, and temporary costs that the government and the Thai people are being forced to pay for.

Rocky3

My neighbor says that the Don Muang airport is on air force land and that the PPP just paid up for delaying the next coup - sounds rather fantastic to me, but hey anything is possible!

That sounds quite likely to me.

Given the location I was thinking that the military will not have so far

to go next time they want to stage a Coup.................

Has anyone explained why the move is only "temporary"??????????

I would think it might be because it would be very embarassing if the media could announce it was otherwise. "Government Gives Up On Old Premises and Moves To Airport." They'd have as much fun focusing on the embarasing elements of the stroy as they did on the Samak Cookery Show.

I am wondering about all the documentation left over at Government House. Big Brother had Winston sitting at a tube linked to an incinerator "losing" their unnecessary history.

h90 here are some more cost that you can afford after paying for the grass at government house. I have been to a lot of different gatherings of Thai's and seen the mess that is left behind and you think that 50,000 Baht will cover the cost at government house, you are wish fully thinking.

Rocky3

It seems you haven't been there...they clean all the time...no trash no damage at all....

How much is it 10 peoplex10 daysx200 Baht per day=20.000 and you have a 30.000 left for purchasing something.

Beside that Chamlongs group told to repair everything after.

No way something there costs 300 Million if the buildings are not damaged.

Go there and have a look.

Rocky3

It seems you haven't been there...they clean all the time...no trash no damage at all....

How much is it 10 peoplex10 daysx200 Baht per day=20.000 and you have a 30.000 left for purchasing something.

Beside that Chamlongs group told to repair everything after.

No way something there costs 300 Million if the buildings are not damaged.

Go there and have a look.

300 million with kickbacks and bad insider contractors and the usual BS.

Not that ACTUAL cost of putting it to rights.

Well at least these "boys" know how to keep the economy moving!

temporary Government facility, in the mean time planning a new one... the irrigation project is through, not bad,

How many other Projects are going to be pushed through on the expressway...money, kiddies, money...money, money, money, is all what it is about, the war chests have to e refilled - there has been some costly bills to be paid.. and more will be coming up soon - cause elections are inevitable!

Sandcastles would be a bit too obvious....well they may try to sell dreams next!

temporary Government facility, in the mean time planning a new one... the irrigation project is through, not bad,

How many other Projects are going to be pushed through on the expressway...money, kiddies, money...money, money, money, is all what it is about, the war chests have to e refilled - there has been some costly bills to be paid.. and more will be coming up soon - cause elections are inevitable!

Sandcastles would be a bit too obvious....well they may try to sell dreams next!

It really may be government intentionally built of sand castles.

WHY?, because to you ALWAYS must be rebuilding

and that means contracts for the boys coffers to be refilled.

One thing I have observed here is that thinking far ahead

with a long range viewpoint is not a typical trait.

It really may be government intentionally built of sand castles.

WHY?, because to you ALWAYS must be rebuilding

and that means contracts for the boys coffers to be refilled.

One thing I have observed here is that thinking far ahead

with a long range viewpoint is not a typical trait.

sandcastles....They make something similar with streets.

Don Muang Airport is really an ideal place for a PM office:

For the Govt

1. The area is huge. It will take a lot more PAD to fill it up and take control.

2. Too many gate for the PAD to secure access to the place

3. Convinient to get away by air (to LHR or SIN)

4. No problem blocking Vipawadee, traffic can be diverted onto the Tollway above

5. Snipper can position on tollway in case such action is needed.

6. Military (airforce) back up (but this could also back fire)

7. Golf course to entertain guess from SIN Myanmar Cambodia & UK.

For the PAD

1. Enough toilets (some with showers)

2. Big air-con hall, so protestor don't have to weather the hail storm and blazing sun

3. Good PA system for the PAD leaders to yell the shit out

4. Executive ROP lounge for the PAD leaders and ROP Gold members only (sorry no Thailand Elite allowed)

5. Press room and communication system fully installed for ASTV (wifi also available)

6. Large kitchen (TG Catering) service available

7. Foreign exchange counters & bank, convenient for donnor and overseas reporters

8. Airport hotel for foreign press, and rich protestors

9. Superb road and rail logistic to ferry in supportor (or air them in from the South)

10. Larger cargo area to shore emergency golf club and other self defense equipments (sorry, M16 not allowed)

11. Golf course to use the club on balls, not DAAD's head.

12. Metal detector to screen people in & out.

13. Duty Free shopping & Jae Leng will roll in quite a bit of HiSoc HiSor

14. Lots of parking space for Mercedes.

Actually they would have been better off relocating the PM's office in Bombat Pisek Prison on Ngam Wong Wan road:

1. It's nice and close to Don Muang anyway.

2. It come with free guards and security.

3. The PM will be able to continue his work uninterrupted even after being convicted for corruption. They just need to lock the office door.

Actually they would have been better off relocating the PM's office in Bombat Pisek Prison on Ngam Wong Wan road:

1. It's nice and close to Don Muang anyway.

2. It come with free guards and security.

3. The PM will be able to continue his work uninterrupted even after being convicted for corruption. They just need to lock the office door.

Yes, and maybe downgrade room service too. LOL :o:D :D