Which Edge Network

Gary A

Both AIS and Dtac are crap sometimes and both are good sometimes. Dtac has been much better lately but in the last few days has turned to crap. AIS is working fine right now and Dtac won't even connect.. The worst thing about the Dtac problem is that I start fooling with my settings thinking my phone or computer has a problem. At least with AIS, it always connects but just sits doing nothing.

I really wish I know what CAT is going to do with the CDMA EVDO. Does anyone think they will pull the plug soon?

100kbps? Sounds great compared to the 24kbps I'm getting with True. Can I put a Hutch sim card into an N95 phone?

Only if the N95 supports CDMA! Which it doesn't!

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I am completely green about EDGE, but like others am completely fed up with Crapster!

Please advise me.

Do I need a special mobile - (I only have a basic mobile telephone at the moment - no extras) -or can I use one of the special cards I have seen on the adverts.

Do AIS and DTAC act as the server, or is this something extra.

Basically looking for an idiots guide to setting up EDGE.

Any help much appreciated

Check you can get an EDGE signal in the area you live with your chosen provider (DTAC or AIS).

I spent a few months last year travelling around and I had to take one of each SIM.

What I found was:

DTAC - Usually faster, although prone to dropping the connection, and did not work in quite a few out of the way places.

AIS - Worked everywhere but usually a lot slower than DTAC.