Getting Papers ''certified As True Copies''?

bucklt

I urgently need to get 3 papers ''certified as true copies'' by a lawyer, banker etc. :o

Went to ICO office in Hang Dong this afternoon - but they appear to be permanently closed?

Went to my Bangkok Bank branch - and they don't seem to understand what I want - but will try them again tomorrow.

Question: in the meantime, can anyone suggest someone who will certify these papers for me: copy of passport and copy of utility bill with address details.

p.s don't want to think about having to use the British Consulate - given prices they charge for ' confirmation of address' etc.

Regards,

Bucklt :D

Star Visa Service - 408 Vichayanon Rd (053-232089) do notorial services - you could try there.

Thanks K2K.

Unfortunately, have just sent an e-mail/enquiry form to them (via their website) - and it was returned as 'unknown'???

Bucklt :o

Humm dunno why that is ... email on biz card I have is:

[email protected]

Plenty of staff in the office - I had translation and noterisation done in office within an hour - so as with most things in Thailand best you go talk face to face.

Many thanks K2K.

As indicated in my previous response, contacted them via an enquiry form on their website - perhaps there is a problem with that particular link set-up?

Have now contacted them again, via your e-mail details. Looks good i.e no 'unknown' responses as of yet :D

Thanks again.

Bucklt :o

Star Visa Service - 408 Vichayanon Rd (053-232089) do notorial services - you could try there.

You could simply drive into the underground car park of Hillside 4, Huay Kaew Rd, take the lift to the 3rd floor, walk towards the back of the building on the left side and go into the law office there.

Not all Thai lawyers are Notaries but this one is. Not all are straight and reasonably priced but this one is. The senior lady also has fluent English.

Thai Notaries can handle anything like this you may need for purposes OUTSIDE Thailand. For paperwork for use INSIDE Thailand, only your Embassy or Consulate can do the biz. At whatever horrendous charges they currently demand.

Thai Notaries can handle anything like this you may need for purposes OUTSIDE Thailand. For paperwork for use INSIDE Thailand, only your Embassy or Consulate can do the biz. At whatever horrendous charges they currently demand.

FLATOUTHRUTHEFOG: Please expand on this as it confused me. I would have thought that it was the opposite and that the US Govt, for example, would only accept certified true copies from the US consulate rather than some unknown Thai entity.

BUCKIT: This may not apply in your case, but everytime I needed what it sounds like you need, I have been able to sign the copy infront of the person demanding it and that was accepted as a certified true copy.

----------

FLATOUTHRUTHEFOG: Please expand on this as it confused me. I would have thought that it was the opposite and that the US Govt, for example, would only accept certified true copies from the US consulate rather than some unknown Thai entity.

Don't know the US system, but in Australia there were a number of categories of people who could witness a signature -- teachers, chemists (pharmacists), certain govt. workers & others. They did so gratis. It was not necessary to pay a solicitor (lawyer).

The laws of the relevant country will dictate what you need to do. It appears, from what FOTTF has written, that Thailand will accept only the Embassy/Consulate as a witness for a foreigner.

There's another ICO office somewhere near Carrefour. I have a phone number & an email address for them -- let me know if you need it.

Buckit....If you are getting these for Thai immigration, you have probably gotten the wrong info from one of their officers. PM me if that is the reason and I can make your life easier. Immigration sent me to the Philippines to get certified copies of my marriage certificate!!! All that was needed was a paper from the US consulate...Again if these are for immigration, PM me

From the above, you can see that there are many kinds of certification. You best find out precisely what the receiver of the documents requires before you go out and get the wrong kind. If truly all you need is a lawyer that should be very easy for a nominal payment. A banker would be more difficult because why should they sign anything that represents an unknown risk without a large return unless you are a special customer?

----------

Don't know the US system, but in Australia there were a number of categories of people who could witness a signature -- teachers, chemists (pharmacists), certain govt. workers & others. They did so gratis. It was not necessary to pay a solicitor (lawyer).

The laws of the relevant country will dictate what you need to do. It appears, from what FOTTF has written, that Thailand will accept only the Embassy/Consulate as a witness for a foreigner.

There's another ICO office somewhere near Carrefour. I have a phone number & an email address for them -- let me know if you need it.

You are quite right about Australia, it is illegal to charge for witnessing of Statuatory declarations and certified true copies Etc.. Here in Thailand it is a different story with the Australian Embassy consular section charging 930 Baht per document! Daylight robbery!

From the above, you can see that there are many kinds of certification. You best find out precisely what the receiver of the documents requires before you go out and get the wrong kind. If truly all you need is a lawyer that should be very easy for a nominal payment. A banker would be more difficult because why should they sign anything that represents an unknown risk without a large return unless you are a special customer?

Many thanks Guys for all those responses to my original post - I really appreciate it :D

For the record: I require copy of passport and proof of address 'Certified' by lawyer/Banker etc, because EEC legislation demands as such. As a UK National, I am opening an off-shore account in Guernsey, and they are asking for everything apart from a DNA/blood sample - perhaps that part comes later :o

And this is with my bank, who have known me for 30+ years, but, as pointed out by them........... EEC Legislation etc!

I was going to invest with some other banks (offering slightly higher interest rates) but their paperwork was even more horrendous i.e 8 to 12 page application forms etc.

Because it's near my condo, I used the services of the office at Hillside 4 - and am more than happy with the results :D

Regards,

Bucklt. :D

• 2 months later...

I just had a document notarized and yes, very helpful people and they do speak good English.

I paid 1000THB for one page. I was told if there are multiple pages the price is 500THB per notorized page....can't beat that!

I dealt with:

Khun Jullapun Pimpisarn

50/86-7 Hillside Plaza & Condotel 4

3rd Floor, Huay Kaew Rd, Chang Phuak

Muang, Chiang Mai 50300

Thailand

Ph: 053-210-527 or 053-213370 or 053-212414

Ext: 11-16

Fax: 053-220-654

email: [email protected]

Tell him Sydney from APIS sent you.....g'luck!