Bars Closing Times

pammy123

Late enough to tempt you to go out for a few drinks at 12.30 am.

he asked for Bars!! not clubs...

C-B...wat u have in mind.... what time is your flight???

Ah, I've just got a craving for a few beers. Getting a bit late now though.

My flight isn't until late enough but I've to get out of this place at 12.00.

Edited by cloudbusting

Depends on the bar, the license and the precinct. Most BKK bars actually close at 1am, I'd say. Discos close 2-3am, except for a select few with connections that stay open later, like Gazebo (till 5am). Small, unlicensed neighbourhood bars in Banglamphu or Soi Ngam Duplee usually lock up at midnight.

• 4 months later...

Any updates on the club scene from you folks???

Last night, had a kick-ass time at Absolute 7 pub in Sukhumvit Soi 7... It's been one of my favorite places in the past, and often had late hours... But then last times I went before Christmas, they were closing at midnight or 1 am... and it put me off... But last night...to my surprise...they stayed open until 4 am... until we could dance no more!!!!

Nice place.... good and friendly crowd... reasonable drink prices... live bands playing very danceable music...and no attitude and no cover.... Last night, they had one band from 10 pm to 1 am...and then switched to another from 1 to 4 am... I was there with two dates, but many unattached women to be found, many more than the guys...

If I was going for that, I'd say it would be in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere..not hard sell. But we all had fun together... us folks...together with the "working" folks... It's definitely a place for those who like dancing... or at least... watching Thai ladies (patrons, not pros) dancing.... :o

Separately, a week ago, made a late night visit to the new version of Boss (Bossy?) near Pratunam... I liked the old place for its crowds, dancing on tables, and general energetic vibe... But on a weeknight last week, the new place was nearly empty and dead even past midnight, no energy... and a totally different atmosphere from before... I'd be interested in other opinions on that...

Gazebo is in my backyard, but haven't tried it for late nights yet... It's on my list... Seems to get good reviews...but sounds more pricey that some others... And, a place for dancing...or just laying back and chilling???

Gazebo is in my backyard, but haven't tried it for late nights yet... It's on my list... Seems to get good reviews...but sounds more pricey that some others... And, a place for dancing...or just laying back and chilling???

Laid back and chilling if you mean the Gazebo on Sukhumvit Soi 1, the other Gazebo near Khao San also offers the same vibe in the main room, but has an attached disco room which opens pretty late. Both are nice places.

Hey... it's all a matter of taste...and tastes differ.

I already explained above... what I like about Absolute 7...

Instead of just saying it's "the worst", how about some explanation of WHY you think that????

And if you think it's the worst...then.. what place(s) do you like instead??? Maybe I'd give them a try!!!

Tonight we were told at the dutch pub at the end of Soi Cowboy that they were all closing up at 1am. Usually 2am is the closing time. When asked why all they could mumble is something about the police closing it up at 1am.

Last night, had a kick-ass time at Absolute 7 pub in Sukhumvit Soi 7...

... I was there with two dates, but many unattached women to be found

many unattached women? that's very diplomatic of you my friend. :o

I would describe the female clientele of absolute in a, how would I say, more direct manner. freelance hookers......everywhere.

Game... I'd say that's right... about much of the unattached female clientele in the Absolute 7 pub...

But if you're going there for the band, the music, decent drinks at a fair price, dancing and a pleasant, somewhat intimate setting (not a huge hall or barn), then does it really matter???

We (me and two definitely non-hooker ladies who like dancing) were there for about 5 hours one night last week. Surrounded on all sides by unattached ladies and ladies there with guys. Not one lady bothered me all night long or did anything untoward to disrupt our evening. But quite a few sought out dancing with one of the ladies I was with (friend of my GF). All in all, a good time was had by all.

Yes, I was being diplomatic in my language, after all, this IS ThaiVisa... But seems like you (and I presume others) got the message. :o