Labor Department

monty

This is normally for the Thai visas, residency and work permits section, however as it ONLY concerns the Chonburi department I'll post here.

Has anybody in the last 3 months or so managed to get a new WP application approved at the Chonburi Labor department?

One of my guests had her application turned down, all paperwork in order, employer 6 million Baht registered company with a 7 year very positive accounting history and 8 genuine Thai employees. All t's crossed and i's dotted, yet a plain refusal with no explanation offered.

Have heard several horror stories the last few months (including from some members here), so what the heck is going on? Are there any members here with positive stories to tell? Are there any horror stories on WP renewals (mine's only up in Feb next year, so not too worried, yet!)?

Apparently the rumor goes that the lawyers who are working on a "no WP, no fee" principle are complaining bitterly since they have no income anymore because of everything getting turned down at Labor in Chonburi :o

What goes?

Am I sinisterly thinking they are trying to get everybody to go illegal, to then do a huge crackdown??? Wouldn't be beyond them and easy to do as they know where all the refused WP applicants were supposed to go work!

About 2 months ago I tried renewing my WP through Sunbelt as usual but it came back rejected and they told me they gave up on it. I then had my accountant try and after some fiddling (adding Thai employees) it eventually went through. My accountant is the little Thai legal office on the left side 2/3 down Soi 6. The little old Thai lady owner seem very shrewd and seems to know her ways around the bureaucracy.

Chonburi work permits are approved only by the province governor - he has always been the problem - I tried years ago in Chonburi and gave up - then just added Chonburi addresses in BKK - piece of cake. I could never fathom out what the issue was, but what i do know is we switched one subsidary into BKK registered address (same as parent co) and Chonburi lost some 300,000b of tax revenue which switched straight into BKK despite all the employees being based in Chonburi. som nom na is all I could be bothered to say at the time.

Dont play the games, just switch to BKK and add a Chonburi branch office.