Internet Antivirus Alerts

jingjingna

Hi all!

Over the the last three days I keep on getting these alerts from 'internet' Antivirus' insisting that my 'system is in danger even though I have been using 'Avast' successfully for the past couple of years. These message pop up every time I try to view webpages that I would normally visit, email, t.v etc.

I have tried to locate this programme and found that it was 'somehow' downloaded 24th Sept and is on my C: DRIVE. However, I have tried to delete this file without success..and the message warnings are popping up every 5 mins or so OR whenever I try to access another website. The warnings are basically leading me to a page www.ia-payment.com as they want me to cough up some money.

How the hel_l do I 'block', get rid of this problem? Go easy on me..know next to nothing about 'tecnichal' problems ... :D

Help! :o

First things first. DO NOT pay any money.

Do a search for this free program SmitFraudFix.exe download it and run the program. It may help.

If not, there's plenty of online information on how to remove it on computer forums. Do a search for "ia-payment.com trojan" to find the info as I don't want to post links to other forums here.

Take it you've tried a system restore point, to a date earlier than when the problem occurred? If that doesn't help (or doesn't work because the virus has disabled it), try running Spybot - http://www.spybot.info/index2.html. That should resolve the issue.

geoffphuket

I"ve gotten over a similar problem within the last hour.Windows Antivirus had been coming at me for two days.

There"s another Forum on this page titllled "whats going on" which I opened because of similar problems,I also am extremely green .I suggest you go to that forum and read what some people who know what their on about have to say,they got me out of a bind.

That pop-up frustrating

Good luck.