Uk Visa Flr(m)

Ok couple of quick questions with the visa aplication, my now wife came on a 6 month fiance visa 3 months ago we are now married and I now want to apply for the next 2 year visa which i now have the fourms FLR(M)

1. Does the form need to be printed in colour or is balck and white ok?

2. As I have to send passports and wage slips e.t.c I am guessing that sending recorded delivery is a good idea, Does all my doc's get sent back and should I put some self address prepaid recorded delivery so that these all do come back.

3. On payment details it askes for the aplicants full name is this my wife's first name and her family surname or my surname?

4. On Section 1.3 it asks for full name as in passport ( this i understand) but 1.4 then askes for family name is this her surname or mine?

5.It asks for her and my passports, photos, 3 months wage slips, marige certificate. do i need any thing else eg. proof of address e.t.c is there any thing else that any ones recomends.?

ta bread

1) Black and white is ok, colour is better.

2) Always send important papers by recorded delivery, registered is better. Enclose a recorded or registered envelope for their return. The post office will tell you how to do this.

3) & 4) She can use whichever name she chooses. There is no compulsion in the UK for a wife to take her husband's surname.

5) At this stage all you need to do is show that the marriage has taken place, so no other documents are required.

Charlie i think he is wrong in what he is saying as the from states that this is needed, again marrige cert. 3 months bank statments and passports and photos for both you and your wife.

You do not need all the bills in both names spaning 2 years if you are using FLR (M) for the first time (as you would not have these).

If you are using FLR (M) for a further 2 years eg. your wife has not passed her lfe in the uk test, then you need all the docs proving that you have been living together.

bread

PS charlie i seem to remember you did some thing with an IVA not to long ago if this is so could you PM me as i am in the same boat and some advice wold be helpfull. (if this was not you dont worry)

Charlie i think he is wrong in what he is saying as the from states that this is needed, again marrige cert. 3 months bank statments and passports and photos for both you and your wife.

You do not need all the bills in both names spaning 2 years if you are using FLR (M) for the first time (as you would not have these).

If you are using FLR (M) for a further 2 years eg. your wife has not passed her lfe in the uk test, then you need all the docs proving that you have been living together.

bread

PS charlie i seem to remember you did some thing with an IVA not to long ago if this is so could you PM me as i am in the same boat and some advice wold be helpfull. (if this was not you dont worry)

Yeah, I'm going to put payslips in with the form. I'm pretty sure you have to provide some evidence of financial income. I'm not bothering with bank statements this time. To be honest this advice surprised me last night.

I think it was someone else with the IVA.

When are you putting your application in?

On wednesday mate, Is yours for the first 2 year part or the 2+2 ?

Are you sending by recorded dellivery ? and if so are you adding a way of them sending it back to you.

Have you noticed any thing else that needed doing that I missed.

oh also are you putting her name in the docs or as you are now married your name ?

e.g on On Section 1.3 it asks for full name as in passport (this i understand) but 1.4 then askes for family name is this her surname or mine?

Edited by bread

oh also are you putting her name in the docs or as you are now married your name ?

e.g on On Section 1.3 it asks for full name as in passport (this i understand) but 1.4 then askes for family name is this her surname or mine?

I am using my name as the family name. She's happy to have my name as or daughter has always had my name and she will now have the same.

It's the first 2 year extension after the 6 month fiance visa.

<br />
5) At this stage all you need to do is show that the marriage has taken place, so no other documents are required.
<br /><br />I am sending this form off on Monday. Are you saying that there is no need to include any bank statements or payslips with the application?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry, I meant no other documents other than those requested in the form/guidance notes.

Avoid having to make another FLR application in 2 years time by ensuring that she has passed the Life in the UK test or, if her English isn't good enough for this, made progress from one level to the next on an ESOL with citizenship course so that she can apply for ILR.

<br />
<br /><br />I am sending this form off on Monday. Are you saying that there is no need to include any bank statements or payslips with the application?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry, I meant no other documents other than those requested in the form/guidance notes.

Avoid having to make another FLR application in 2 years time by ensuring that she has passed the Life in the UK test or, if her English isn't good enough for this, made progress from one level to the next on an ESOL with citizenship course so that she can apply for ILR.

Aaargh, I have a bad feeling that I have missed ticking something on the form. Thought it appeared too simple and straightforward. I think I forgot to tick 'No' for question 4.1 about applying for another 2 year FLR. I'm hoping that if I have missed ticking it, they realise that we meant to tick 'No' as we have included the marriage certificate and she only has a fiance visa in her passport at the moment. Hopefully this isn't a show-stopper and won't be treated as such! Just when I thought it was all going so well! :o I hope we don't get a total jobsworth reviewing our application.