Farangs Making Money In Thailand?

AdventureAsia

Hello!

What's ur way of making money on Thailand?

I just wanna know what people do down here for a living :o

Personally i am in the import/export business with countries in Europe which earns me about 100k to 120k baht a month. SOmething i am very happy with :-)

I am sure there are tons of people making more money than me here and some make less, so you don't have to say how much u earn unless u want too. The main thing i wanna know is what u guys do for a living?

Before this import/expoert business i was into web marketing and websites which was a very bad business for me :/

Hello!

I just wanna know what people do down here for a living :o

Personally i am in the import/export business with countries in Europe which earns me about 100k to 120k baht a month. SOmething i am very happy with :-)

I am sure there are tons of people making more money than me here and some make less, so you don't have to say how much u earn unless u want too. The main thing i wanna know is what u guys do for a living?

yes, many foreigners working in thailand 100% legally will pay in tax in a month alone what you claim to gross.

Hello!

I just wanna know what people do down here for a living :D

yes, many foreigners working in thailand 100% legally will pay in tax in a month alone what you claim to gross.

Some months I have more than this on my expense sheet alone.... :o .....k120/m salary is peanuts...

So, have you got a work permit?

His postings last year indicated that he didn't even have a visa for Thailand and he proposed to walk to Norway (also without visas). :o

Oh yes, as soon as I saw the OP's name I rember that classic. For those that haven't read it; :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Walk-Asia-Europe-t155914.html

Anyway, as Jestset asked, do you have a WP?

i really am not being rude ,but how the heck can anybody survive on 35k a month ?

No, you are being ignorant.

I don't think he is, It was merely a question and is one that I also ponder from time to time. I can understand 4 years ago but now is a slightly different story. Rental prices are much higher around the centre and who wants to live in the sticks ???? Hardly living the dream would you not agree ?

I do not understand what he is being ignorant about ? not knowing how to survive on 35 000 in Thailand ? surely if thaimate makes more he must have some sort of a rough idea.

i really am not being rude ,but how the heck can anybody survive on 35k a month ?

No, you are being ignorant.

I don't think he is, It was merely a question and is one that I also ponder from time to time. I can understand 4 years ago but now is a slightly different story. Rental prices are much higher around the centre and who wants to live in the sticks ???? Hardly living the dream would you not agree ?

I do not understand what he is being ignorant about ? not knowing how to survive on 35 000 in Thailand ? surely if thaimate makes more he must have some sort of a rough idea.

If you do not know something, you are ignorant of it. I, for example am ignorant of Lappish politics and the cost of living there.

Edited by globalj

Its very easy to live on 35thou a month if you don't insist on living in a luxury condo in bangkok.

I live out in the 'sticks' (1hr from bangkok) and i like it very much, every one is different.

I like being able to travel on my own motorcycle, get to work and other places quickly and easily.. but as i say thats just me.

and i save money each month as well. its very easy if you try!

and for those that say i dont have anything. i have 2 motorbikes (cbr250&150).tv .fridge bedroom furniture.computer etc all payed for with this 35thou a month.

i eat out most nights,drink beer and have fun!

regards Allan

Its very easy to live on 35thou a month if you don't insist on living in a luxury condo in bangkok.

I live out in the 'sticks' (1hr from bangkok) and i like it very much, every one is different.

I like being able to travel on my own motorcycle, get to work and other places quickly and easily.. but as i say thats just me.

and for those that say i dont have anything. i have 2 motorbikes (cbr250&150).tv .fridge bedroom furniture.computer etc all payed for with this 35thou a month.

regards Allan

Allan,

I admire your ability to do that and save money at the same time. It would, however, be difficult for me. Just my wardrobe costs and the drinks I am expected to buy (and not be reimbursed for!) would take a nice chunk out of such a budget.

I think it is safe to say that it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to be a professional in Bangkok and live on that kind of budget, choice of housing and location aside. That seems where the disconnect comes in for many.

It also seems to me that costs (not just housing) have been going up the last few years. My salary has well outpaced inflation in Thailand, but I definitely feel the price difference these days. Living on such a salary seems a big stretch to me.

regards Allan

Allan,

I admire your ability to do that and save money at the same time. It would, however, be difficult for me. Just my wardrobe costs and the drinks I am expected to buy (and not be reimbursed for!) would take a nice chunk out of such a budget.

I think it is safe to say that it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to be a professional in Bangkok and live on that kind of budget, choice of housing and location aside. That seems where the disconnect comes in for many.

It also seems to me that costs (not just housing) have been going up the last few years. My salary has well outpaced inflation in Thailand, but I definitely feel the price difference these days. Living on such a salary seems a big stretch to me.

me too but can you really save for any kind of future ?

Edited by bravingbangkok

whatever he is he is not being ignorant so choose another term if there is any ! It was merely just a question, most likely a rhetorical one.
1 a: destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society> ; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics> b: resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorant

He was being ignorant, the word ignorant does not neccessarilly have to be offensive.

So, have you got a work permit?

His postings last year indicated that he didn't even have a visa for Thailand and he proposed to walk to Norway (also without visas). :o

You don't think this might be a troll do you?

I wonder if he is posting from Thailand?

OMG the guy knows that it is hard to survive on that amount and thus wa smaking a rhetorical statment. He is fully aware that you can live on that amount but is just making a statment that it must be hard. Therefore what is he ignorant of ?

Well he is certainly ignorant of the fact that it is not that hard at all for some, in fact some people, and I mean farangs, live quite comfortably on that amount.

If the OP has a Work Permit, I want to know when they started granting them for being a Bullsh*ter!

No, just kidding. I work as a teacher--some salary variation, but make around 100,000 per month. Live rather comfortably.

Thanks for some of the answers :o

Before this i survived on 20k baht a month but it was horrible. I would say50-60k baht a month i a minimum if you plan on living little bit good.

Personally i earn 100-120k a month which is very okay for me since i pay rent 7k baht a month and rest i can use for whatever i want. I never go out and party or drink either so i mostly spend my cash shopping.

The reason i ask is because on an average day i work around 45-60 minutes and the rest of the day i just do what i want, simply because that's all my job requires. So i am looking for more stuff to do and more ways or earning money. I mostly use all my cash each month for bullshit stuff and my studio is full of crap. Like i bought a copy machine... but i never used it..

I however plan to stop buying all this crap and blowing away my cash in the brand name shops on Paragorn or whatever its called. Now i plan to save up money and invest in property or stocks.

I do however think that the property market here is "bad" but am not sure, i would rather invest in some property in France, Italy or Spain but we will see :D

Edit: and for those who remember me from 1 year ago, its still me i just fixed my life quite a bit :D If u think and thought i trolled than thats up to u as the thai people like to say (which i think is really annoying)

Edited by AdventureAsia