12 Month Extensions

After you get the extension of stay you must get a multiple-entry re-entry permit (fee 3,800 Baht, I believe) and it is then this re-entry permit that allows you to come and go as you please for the duration of your one-year extension of stay.

When you apply for your marriage extension of stay you will first be given an extension of only one month while your application is being processed. For this short extension a single-entry re-entry permit (fee 1,000 Baht) will probably be sufficient for your needs.

--

Maestro

ok thanks

so i get a non o in lao then come back and apply at any immigration office for an extension of stay for 12 months after the approval ask for amultiple-entry re-entry permit .

? is this my best option or go to KL and get a non o multi

Cheers

your advise is much appreciated

After you get the extension of stay you must get a multiple-entry re-entry permit (fee 3,800 Baht, I believe) and it is then this re-entry permit that allows you to come and go as you please for the duration of your one-year extension of stay.

When you apply for your marriage extension of stay you will first be given an extension of only one month while your application is being processed. For this short extension a single-entry re-entry permit (fee 1,000 Baht) will probably be sufficient for your needs.

--

Maestro

After you apply you will have a 30 day waiting period while your "application is under consideration" (what the stamp says they put in your passport telling you the date to come back). Maestro said you can apply for a single rentry permit if you have to go back to work before you get your final approval. If you can wait until you get the final approval then apply for a multiple entry work permit. You should apply at the immigration office that is nearest to where you live. Don't forget you need to show income for the application. If you are working I am sure you can get a proof of income letter from your consulate,

The best option depends on your situation. I would say the one year extension is best because you don't have keep getting new visas plus it will start you in the direction of being able to apply for permanent residence if you desire to go that route later

Visa application: 1900 baht Single reentry: 1000 baht Multiple reentry: 3800 baht

Edited by ubonjoe

After you apply you will have a 30 day waiting period while your "application is under consideration" (what the stamp says they put in your passport telling you the date to come back). Maestro said you can apply for a single rentry permit if you have to go back to work before you get your final approval. If you can wait until you get the final approval then apply for a multiple entry work permit. You should apply at the immigration office that is nearest to where you live. Don't forget you need to show income for the application. If you are working I am sure you can get a proof of income letter from your consulate,

The best option depends on your situation. I would say the one year extension is best because you don't have keep getting new visas plus it will start you in the direction of being able to apply for permanent residence if you desire to go that route later

Visa application: 1900 baht Single reentry: 1000 baht Multiple reentry: 3800 baht

Thanks mate all clear as mud.

Can someone please make this clear for me.

I f go to loa and get an non o visa can i then get a 12 month extension based on marriage.

does this allow me to go in and out of the country as i work offshore

Cheers

Harry

Harry, what rotations are you doing ?? 28/28, is so you may be able to get away with coming in and out on a 30 day visa wavier...assume by you comment above you are from the UK