Bungalows, Houses & Apartments For Short & Long Term Rental

A couple of years I have seen the hotel list pinned - is it not high time to have a list of bungalow sites???!? Hotels are fine for short-time visitors, for all of us others who want to stay for a couple of months, who have done so before and want to find some better place the next time......

Last winter I was in Lamai for 3 months, in the same 8000Baht/month room as I have had a few times before. My health is deteriorating, walking with a crutch with not a lot of balance, I would love to have a bungalow that is accessible without motorbike, cooking facilities for my Thai wife, reasonable price as we still live on my retirement money.

I had a web site for bungalows on Samui years back, two computers back, should be some good ones with all the bungalows I hear of - from Swedish friends when I was in Lamai, who drive motor bikes.

I do enjoy Samui a lot - the mix of East with Western facilities! I obviously do not want to predict how it will be in 25 years, but then I am gone anyway so.......

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every house I had on samui for long term (1+ year) contracts were found by driving around & looking out for "for rent" signs or from friends telling me about houses near their own that were coming up for rent.

I do suppose it depends on your budget but as were were looking in the 10K less per month catagory I was loath to use any kind of agency & have the rent inflated to cover their costs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Pinned

SO start adding then..... :o

Lets make a few quick rules, please be sure to give details, and if it does end up being rented contact a mod to have it deleted.

Also, please have people contact you by PM, emails are a problem with spammers, phone numbers can leave you open to crank callers.

And please, no spamming with multiple posts.

• 2 months later...

If this a serious topic and not get deleted soon I would like recommend houses on Koh Phangan.

Here is my website were you can find all details:

www.koh-phangan.de (English)

www.koh-phangan.de (German)

Let us know if you find the link on ThaiVisa than we can talk about fair discounts. :o

Edited by sbk
please no direct links per forum rules--sbk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I started this thread so..... Now I have stayed a couple of winters in Lamai, with mixed problems with my rotten legs and feet, walking with a crutch. Stayed in rooms 5-8000B/m. The last one had perfect friendly service but too far from the center for comfortable walking.

I have not circulated much on the island, heard much about Fisherman's Village. Are there any nice cheap places to stay? Internet and fridge necessary, and easy access with a guy with bad balance. If feet are allright, I will come down again coming summer for a few months. I prefer winter for my feet, as I cannot walk in the Swedish winter weather, but my Thai wife can only go in summer as she studies at the uni here.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bringing to the market for the very first time we have 2 x V-Large two bedroom two bath fully furnished with all modcons to an extremely high standard beach front apartments with amazing views over KPY and Koh Som for rent within the Fishermans Village

perfect for family's or two couples

parking for two cars

PM for more details

Edited by EmeraldBar

• 3 months later...

Looking for an house for 2 families (4 adults and 3 small kids), 2 or more bedrooms, kitchen is a must. Area flexible. Should be in clean and quite place for reasonable/budget price. 3 months, starting 4-10 Dec. Please PM me.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi I am looking to rent a one bedroom apartment in koh samui April next year I would like to be close to chaweng beach area maybe five or ten mins away by moped I will be renting for six months I would be gratefully for any advice on how much it would cost with air con wifi tv fridge and electric included I have been told that there are nice rooms going for around ten thousand baht a month my plan is to stay for six months return home for six months to earn money then return to samui ect I would like to stay longer in samui but have been told it is basically impossible for a British male to get work out there any advice would be great thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

we are 38 years old polite couple with 2 kids looking to move to Koh Phangan sometime during December/January.

we need to rent a nice place for a family.

5 rooms.

looking for wooden house, preferably in a great location and beautiful surrounding.

one year minimum with exclusive option to renew for few years.

the budget is around $20K year

have to be near the new school sipanyaschool

Thank you.

Gilberto

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I read in the other thread that 20,000/month can bring you something really nice.

I proposed maximum of 30,000, but no answers so far.

Is that what you call high season?wink.png

Well, you are limiting your area a little, really you need to walk around (since you don't drive) and look for signs for places to rent.... most will not be advertised.

But you could find yourself a decent place for much less, 10,000 a month or less for long term.... if you look... You may have to expand your area into Maenam .... Perhaps get a push bike? , until you can drive a motor bike.... Maenam is only a short distance from your skool ! wink.png

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a place to stay for December through January? I'd like to be 10 mins or so from the beach and nightlife. I'm looking for Aircon, tv, internet, small kitchenet.....something decent and clean..around 10-15,000 or so a month. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Hi.

I wonder what kind of options i would have to rent a house/appartment on Koh Tao. The plan is to go in march/april and stay for atleast 6 months. We will be 2 adults and a child, so atleast one bedroom and one livingroom is prefered

Regards

Tommy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was asked to help to find a house for 5 adults+5 kids for the beginning of December on Koh Samui. I know some ppl there but not that many. Can someone help? Any suggestions?

Sorry, but you are going to have to give more info.

budget. location, specific dates etc

One thing to watch - flights from Bangkok. You may not get the dates/times that you want now.

I have sent a pm with details of a reliable real estate company. (Better than most on the island)

• 4 weeks later...

You may have to up your budget a little....

Try Mummies on Maenam Resort road.. just past Santi Buri turn at Family Mart, go down to where the road forks.... 200 metres or so. Not sure about wifi, but have small kitchen and nice room, AC and TV... You need to ask if includes electric.... I think it does.

If I remember. 12,000,00 baht for a month... Restaurant on right, "huts" on left... I think you inquire at restaurant...

It's about 100 metres to beach...

There are cheaper places around, but you need to search around by foot and ask around... don't know off hand,