Thai Visa Members In Thailand/not In Thailand

Flummoxed

Are you in Thailand  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still in Essex :D , still slaving to finance the move abroad :D , but AM slowly getting there :o . Wonder if I'll still look this good when I finally do it? :D

Funny you should say that. I've been doing the thick end of 100 hours a week recently and it's starting to show in my face and overall sense of well being. I feel like sh1t. :D

Yeah, watch those 100-hour weeks, Flummoxed; probably earning decent money but it definitely takes its toll, especially if you're under any stress in your job. I did 100-hour weeks for about 2 months a while back and it took me months and months to get over it...zombie-like. If and when the body becomes fatigued it can take years to overcome.

Perhaps I should post in the health section. Indeed, I've gone downhill badly since starting this thread. Getting ulcers along my gums, only managing to sleep 3 hours a day even though I'm really tired, dizzy and weak..... trouble is, if I have any time off, I'll lose the contract I've got. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. :D

hey flummoxed. i was doing the same as you last year. I went back for 6 months and worked 6 or 7 days a week. Mostly 7 for the last 3 months. But you gotta take at least a day off now and again. Just to give the body a rest. If you dont you're gonna make yourself sick. You wont lose the contract if you just take a day. What kind of work do you do?

Still in Essex :D , still slaving to finance the move abroad :D , but AM slowly getting there :D . Wonder if I'll still look this good when I finally do it? :o

Funny you should say that. I've been doing the thick end of 100 hours a week recently and it's starting to show in my face and overall sense of well being. I feel like sh1t. :D

Yeah, watch those 100-hour weeks, Flummoxed; probably earning decent money but it definitely takes its toll, especially if you're under any stress in your job. I did 100-hour weeks for about 2 months a while back and it took me months and months to get over it...zombie-like. If and when the body becomes fatigued it can take years to overcome.

Perhaps I should post in the health section. Indeed, I've gone downhill badly since starting this thread. Getting ulcers along my gums, only managing to sleep 3 hours a day even though I'm really tired, dizzy and weak..... trouble is, if I have any time off, I'll lose the contract I've got. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. :D

Drink loads of water all the time when working long hours (especially in and air-con or refrigerated environment) even if you don't feel like it :D

Hey Flummoxed:

I'm sorry to be brutally direct, but if you drop dead you are going to lose your contract.

I don't know you, but I feel compelled to tell you to that you can have a heart attack from prolonged sleep deprivation. A couple of years ago I was on a schedule similiar to yours, and one thing I'm certain of is that you turn into a vapor after about 3 days without any sleep. When you prolong this for about a month or more with 3 hours a night, you are setting yourself up for serious illness, most probably sooner than later.

The ulcers on your gums sound bad. Health experts have already found a link between the health of your gums and your heart. Dude, get some sleep.

I work in IT and do 8 or 9 12 hours shifts in a row , days/nights but have the benefit of a week off in between , occassionally I have worked 6 weeks of 12 hour nights and ended up with similar ailments ( ulcers etc) .

The Money is pretty good , but if you're dead you can't spend it mate. :o

Edited because it looked a bit like I was showing off , I spend it quicker than I earn it... :D

Edited by chonabot