2008 Australian Nrl Grand Final Sunday 5 Oct

ajarntingtong

Is there a group of Oz NRL addicts with arrangements to watch the GF in Chiang Mai (Australia Network 12.30 pm)? I'd like some Oz company for the game. If nothing arranged yet let me know and I will organise something.

I'll have it on the Big Screen at The Red Lion. It will probably bring a few in so you'll have like-minded company.

I'll be too busy watching MotorGP and enjoying the sight of Rossi riding the ass of the whining Stoner - again.

I personally, couldn't give a care about the rugby stuff, but Sandy at the Un Irish Pub on Ratchawithi Road, is a great fan and there will be a huge crowd there to watch the game. Be there for some atmosphere.

Re the MotoGP, I guess you heard already that Casey got pole with a record setting lap and Valentino ran off the track and is on the 4th row of the grid in 12th position. I wouldn't like to make a bet that VR will win the race but I reckon he'll do his utmost to make the top level of the podium. Should be a great race.

Is there a group of Oz NRL addicts with arrangements to watch the GF in Chiang Mai (Australia Network 12.30 pm)? I'd like some Oz company for the game. If nothing arranged yet let me know and I will organise something.

I bet if you are a Storm supporter you wished you had stayed home . Reminds me of 1975 when my beloved St George was thrashed 38-0 by Easts. I was in severe depression for weeks. How could Storm lose by that margin ? unbelievable.

Well I will leave the Manly boys to do what they do best..... 0,,6288725,00.jpg

From News.com.au they say : Anyone's game ... Manly footballer David Williams planted one on teammate Anthony Watmough to celebrate being named in Australia's squad for the Rugby League World Cup.

I will be paitient and wait for another great year from the Mighty Eels. header-logo_2008-1.gif

Well I will leave the Manly boys to do what they do best..... 0,,6288725,00.jpg

From News.com.au they say : Anyone's game ... Manly footballer David Williams planted one on teammate Anthony Watmough to celebrate being named in Australia's squad for the Rugby League World Cup.

I will be paitient and wait for another great year from the Mighty Eels. header-logo_2008-1.gif

nice photo but thats not planted on the lips luckly....i got worried there.....good to see williams clean and shaven.

looks like a kiss on the cheek....

you`d need be paitient for awhile for the Eels to make something of themselves....11 wins this season?? like to see more of jared haynes though.....

Andy

Edited by junki3korean

Anywhere showing the RL World Cup games?

I know its difficult to get too excited about watching lots of irrelevant games (because it will be Australia v NZ in the final), but at least Samoa v Tonga should bring back the BIFF!!!!!

Did ya see the Storm guys, "Crying"....... <deleted>.

Then what can you expect from a state that loves poofie footie. Aussie Rules.

well if you scored nothing......in a grand final to a team that you have beaten twice already this year, and thrashed in last years

grandfinal.... and lost 40-0 i`m pretty sure you would get emotional.....especially for players like israel folau, and matt geyer which was there last game

for the storms..... what are way to leave your club....

sadly no-one in melbourne cares about nrl.....even though they got one of the best teams.

Edited by junki3korean

looks like a kiss on the cheek....

I was not there - just what was reported in the tabloids.

you`d need be paitient for awhile for the Eels to make something of themselves....11 wins this season?? like to see more of jared haynes though.....

Andy

Yes, patience is going to have to be it. Every year I say that if the Eels are in the Grand Final then I will fly back to see it. Sadly 2001 was the last time I have seen them play in a Grand Final, and I expect that it will be a few more years.

Personally, I think they should get Jason Taylor back.