Chuwit Hits Popular News Anchorman Of Channel 3

george

Phom mong hen bpanhaa! (I see problems.)

(In case anyone is wondering, Chuwit's posters are the ones that have him motoring around on the back of a motorcy sporting a pair of binoculars. This is his slogan. I REALLY want to take one of those down and put it in my apartment, but I feel that would be crossing some sort of line.)

BFD!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching this on the news with the wife(Thai) last night. Apparently he was first punched, then got the elbow to the throat and afterward as he was on the ground a couple of kicks to top it off. You know what the response from the wife was? "Oh I feel so sorry for him." For Chuwit not the anchor?!?!!?

After asking from various angles as to why she should feel sorry for Chuwit she came back with something along the lines of: "That anchor is an asshol_e, he's always asking questions that make his guests angry. I hate that guy he deserved what he got. And Chuwit was only being honest with himself and showing his true emotions which is a very good thing...."

I pointed out to her that this man was running for office and that this sort of display in a candidate is just not on. For someone attempting to attain such a position in governance the highest of moral fibre should be shown and nothing less. But she countered back with: "He's just being honest with his emotions I like that in politicians and because he's already so rich he probably isn't going to rob his constituents of too much when he's in office."

I mean seriously <deleted>?!

Was watching this on the news with the wife(Thai) last night. Apparently he was first punched, then got the elbow to the throat and afterward as he was on the ground a couple of kicks to top it off. You know what the response from the wife was? "Oh I feel so sorry for him." For Chuwit not the anchor?!?!!?

After asking from various angles as to why she should feel sorry for Chuwit she came back with something along the lines of: "That anchor is an asshol_e, he's always asking questions that make his guests angry. I hate that guy he deserved what he got. And Chuwit was only being honest with himself and showing his true emotions which is a very good thing...."

I pointed out to her that this man was running for office and that this sort of display in a candidate is just not on. For someone attempting to attain such a position in governance the highest of moral fibre should be shown and nothing less. But she countered back with: "He's just being honest with his emotions I like that in politicians and because he's already so rich he probably isn't going to rob his constituents of too much when he's in office."

I couldn't disagree more. For someone attempting to attain such a morally low position as a politician, extremely low behavior should be exhibited. It would be nice to see Biden slap Palin around in the debate today and Palin counter with a kick in the balls or worse yet into Biden's million dollar smile!

Thats why any attempt to vote in a western style government is fruitless in this country. Plus-Hammered-H90 attemp at convincing us that the Thaksin years were evil really dont understand how Thais think. The bottom line is Chiwit is not likely to win the election, but he is more than likely to get more votes after this episode. Thais like people of power and action, its how they have been brought up, with Kumnans and Puyai bahns weilding power through being people of force. Is it good or bad? Im not going to be the judge!

I do want to ask? Does this mean GW Bush has been a moral and ethical leader? My brain hurts to even entertain this God Loving idiot really has any idea how much pain and suffering he caused by an eye-for-an-eye justification for war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go getem Chiwit, the idiot you are! BTW, was the interview conducted in a park next to Nana BTS Station,would have been a nice setting (for a clubbing)

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Surely there was "evil" before Thaksin, and there will be plenty left after. The main objection is that Thaksin tried to justify and legitimize it. From drug war to putting "capable" thieves in government. Before him it was all hush hush, under him it was praised and openly rewarded.

If this little incident does anything to boost his popularity it really will flush the whole idea of PAD New Politics with the so called "educated" vote right down the toilet - Yet another massive leap on the political basket-case-ometer.

Surely there was "evil" before Thaksin, and there will be plenty left after. The main objection is that Thaksin tried to justify and legitimize it. From drug war to putting "capable" thieves in government. Before him it was all hush hush, under him it was praised and openly rewarded.

Ditto,

I was seeing way too many parallels between Bush and Thaksin.

I was originally a big Thaksin fan. But the more I learned about him,

the more I understood that initial impression was gravely WRONG.

Thaksin had a smaller sandbox to play in, but even that lead his ego to

grow beyond all propriety. Bush has encasulated the concept of stroked

and isolated leader in a bubble surrounded by sycophants to new heights,

far eclipsing Reagan's term. But that could as easily describe Thaksin too.

He brooked NO DISSENT, and sued or economically pressured any external

organs like the press or intelligencia who dared say word one against his ideas.

Thaksin saw his giant election 1 'mandate' as carte blanche to do as he thought

during term one, and surroiunded himself with people who said 'Yes boss!, Yes sir!

And those excesses came home to roost at the tail end of election 2.

At that point more than enough pubic anger had buiit so that when his ego said

'Sell to Temasek and pay no taxes, you are the LEADER no one can criticize you.',

he did it, and then never understood why people plotzed big time over it.

Sondhi astutely channeled that existing anger into a TRT ending campaign.

And when it didn't die a quiet permanent death, he re-awoke the watch dogs.

Even now Thaksin still thinks he can win the game from afar.

That might define one level of evil right there.

And explains PAD's resurgence and continued presence on the scene.

Thaksin still thinks of himself as leader of Thailand,

just fighting a war from afar, with bad elements

who have the upper hand at the moment.

Hubris, or madness without total loss of control.

But surely evil in an inflated form.

Edited by animatic

If this little incident does anything to boost his popularity it really will flush the whole idea of PAD New Politics with the so called "educated" vote right down the toilet - Yet another massive leap on the political basket-case-ometer.

Surely it would be the other way around, proving that voters cannot be trusted with having the last say on things?

Edited by TAWP

Turning out into a nice little farce, this Bangkok Governor race, eh? Just need the wanky "booiiiinnng!!!" sound effects to complete the hilarity. I hope the pimp wins, as he seems to have unlimited entertainment potential.

Chewit was on the news again this morning. They showed a nice little piece of him at the Temple bowing to the monks, releasing baby turtles into the river and freeing caged birds. So all is ok now. Temper problem solved!

Cheers, Rick

Surely it would be the other way around, proving that voters cannot be trusted with having the last say on things?

Good point. Come to think of it, Disneyland doesn't have a democracy either...

Update:

Visal takes 7-day leave

BANGKOK: -- Channel 3 anchorman Visal Dilokwanit Friday took a 7-day leave for rehabilitation after he was assaulted by Bangkok governor candidate Chuwit Kamolvisit on Thursday.

Channel 3 announced that Visal needed to rest seven days as advised by his doctor.

Channel 3 deputy director Samran Chattho said Visal would be substituted by ML Nattakorn Devakula for hosting special coverage of the Bangkok governor election on Sunday.

-- The Nation 2008-10-03

The slimey news anchorman deserved it - you get a guy like Chuwit on the show, then shame him in front of the cameras while poking your finger in his eye - you're just asking for it.

Anchorman claims he was hit and punched and kicked etc... but look at that picture of his injuries, total exaggeration. Chuwit just gave him a quick elbow round the head - justifiable.

Chuwit as Governor - 24 hours bars, massage and shows galore - Bring back the good times!

Update** 7 days sick leave! Hah... hah... what a weed..

Edited by ThaiEye

The slimey news anchorman deserved it - you get a guy like Chuwit on the show, then shame him in front of the cameras while poking your finger in his eye - you're just asking for it.

Anchorman claims he was hit and punched and kicked etc... but look at that picture of his injuries, total exaggeration. Chuwit just gave him a quick elbow round the head - justifiable.

Chuwit as Governor - 24 hours bars, massage and shows galore - Bring back the good times!

I think that you will find that the 7 days in hospital is a ruse to maximise the compensation payout and nothing to do with him being a 'weed'. Get your cheque book out Khun Chewit.

Cheers, Rick

Channel 3 was showing him being taken to the hospital where a reddened ear and a small bruise became visible. The interviewer was playing it for all it was worth (no doubt a significant lawsuit is forthcoming) laying on the gurney and writhing in agony while the doctor examined his horrific wounds. :o I half-expect he'll be admitted to the Intensive Care Unit for these life-threatening injuries. :D

I'm surprised he's not hooked up to a life-support respirator....as he teeters on the brink of death...

30084963-01.jpg

anyway, I'm sure he'll receive adequate compensation for his disfiguring scars..... :D

The photo shows him pointing out the barely visible, reddish, mosquito bite-sized, boo-boo near his ear. Any reports that he shed any tears from the horrendously extreme pain he suffered?

buckets of overwhelming tears from the sheer magnitude of the horrific pounding he got before he slid into a coma... CAT scans and MRI's are on order as he slips in and out of consciousness... the "concussion" threatening the vital brain stem could well spell his demise... it's touch and go... (sorry, just helping out his attorney with some suggestions)

Channel 3 news anchor files charges against Bangkok Governor runner

Host of Channel 3's midday news update Vissan Dilokvanich yesterday (October, 2nd) traveled to the Thonglor Metropolitan Police Station to have his bruises photographed and kept as evidence* after he filed charges against Bangkok Governor Candidate number 8 Chuwit Kamolvisit after Mr. Chuwit physically assaulted him in the broadcast studio of Maleenont Building earlier in the day.

Vissan revealed that after he had completed the filming of his show, the Bangkok Governor runner attacked him with a punch to the face before elbowing him in the abdomen.**

He said that Mr. Chuwit continued to strike him on the ground before members of the Channel 3 crew and Mr. Chuwit's own team separated them.

Doctors at Samitivej Hospital reported that Vissan has several bruises and may be suffering a concussion and requested that he undergo more detailed testing.

The television personality admitted that he may have brought up sensitive issues during his show that angered the candidate.

Deputy Superintendent of Thonglor Metropolitan Police, Pol. Lt. Chanin Wachirapanikul said that fairness would be given to both men and that all witnesses from the scene would be called on to give testimonies.

The deputy superintendent said that once all witness testimonies are collected they will call on Mr. Chuwit to receive his charges which at the moment consist of assault and battery.

The initial charges warrant up to 3 years imprisonment and a fine of 6,000 baht, but if Vissan's injuries prove to be more severe, the punishment may escalate.

Mr. Chuwit later held a press conference from his Camp Davis hotel in Sukhumvit 24 where he accepted that he had let his temper get the best of him, but also remarked that Vissan's questions were probing and antagonizing. Nonetheless, the candidate believed that the event would have little effect on his image, saying that it was no deviation from how the public already views him. :D*great funny line*

- ThaiNews / 2008-10-03

--------------------------------

* apparently he's going to the extreme of having his bruises surgically removed and kept in an evidence jar for use later on in court.

** not even his own Channel 3 was reporting that yesterday.

===================================================================

let the games roll on...

Edited by sriracha john

There's many "journalists" I would like to see get punched in the mouth. I don't know the Thai journalists, so I can't say he deserved it. But most of the ones on FOX and CNN should get stiffed. I would vote for Chewit.

When are you going to put enough of an effort into trying to educate yourself about how "elections" work in rural Thailand?

"they", the people, "elect" their spokesman locally, he will speak and promote his sponsor, together they HAVE to promote the regional "Don" and they will, whatsoever, nobody would ever dare to step out this system!

It's rigged from top down, not the other way around!

Cause they would lose ALL support of the "set up", if they have nothing to lose, they are happy to wai the guy who hands out the cash and throws a party, freebies and booze for "All"!

It's the system, the social fabric, network, name it, which got abused, people have been MADE supporters, they surely till today, of this Minute are NOT aware how they have been played and fooled!

If so... the PAD would be a mass protest ALL over this country - that is for sure!

Why people are so busy to blame the PAD for all the ills?

They want THIS to change -which means - if the PAD get this through, a very, very rich feeding trough is closed forever!

Edited by Samuian

I think that you will find that the 7 days in hospital is a ruse to maximise the compensation payout and nothing to do with him being a 'weed'. Get your cheque book out Khun Chewit.

Cheers, Rick

No doubt it will also provide additional time to think of a helpful plan to negotiate a higher salary thanks to the publicity.

Not to defend Chuwit, no dobt he has problems, but

sometimes the jacka$$ media persons, try too hard to make points for themselves , just like the politicos, and go too far. They cross the line , and in all probablity if someone tried to push and push them like they do others, they would strike out also.....

Obviously common sense and courtesy are out of style, all over the world.

Ah thanks for the comments Gonzo and thai eye. Somedays I think thaivisa is becoming too rational, then I read your comments, utter nonsense. It should be noted that its Chuwits word against the anchor regarding the changes to his mayor run being given in confidence pre interview. I wouldn't expect Tony Soprano to tell me the truth why would I expect Chuwit to do any different

classic interview though - Chuwit's a classic

Visarn: Some viewed your petition asking the National Counter Corruption Commission this morning [Oct 2] to step up an inquiry into the fire truck purchase case as an attempt to discredit Mr Apirak [Kosayodhin, former Bangkok governor seeking re-election].

Chuwit: One has to look at the reason why I did so. Just tell me what was so amiss about filing the petition.

Visarn: Mr Chuwit, you never talk about your policy at all.

Chuwit: Of course, I can speak about it. But the thing that comes before the policy is that you have to look at your budget, to see how much money you have before taking action.

Visarn: For the middle class, the cost of living is high and oil prices soaring. What is your solution?

Chuwit: I am running for governor, not prime minister. You are trying to make me answer in the same way as other candidates. I cannot give you the answer. I am not a panacea for all problems. You are not picking the right question. Since when have these problems been seen as the governor's burden? You can't expect the governor to cope with insoluble problems.

Visarn: Other candidates did not say they could do everything, but at least they offered some solutions.

Chuwit: I also have mine.

Visarn: You said you would ensure transparency at City Hall.

Chuwit: Sure, city councillors and district councillors will not have to fight if there is political compromise.

Visarn: But how could you reach a compromise with them when your style is like this?

Chuwit: Why not?

Visarn: How about solutions to economic problems?.

Chuwit: I have my own ways. But I can't explain them in only a few minutes. You can't get my solutions in only one minute. I am no angel.

Visarn: So how should the audience understand you, when you say you cannot come up with solutions because of time constraints? Then what are your strong points?

Chuwit: I don't need to do publicity stunts. Whether you will vote for me or not is no big deal. You have to use your judgement.

Visarn: What are your weaknesses?

Chuwit: Everybody has weaknesses. Why should I speak about them to you? Don't you have any?

Visarn: You don't need to tell them to me. Just speak to the public.

Chuwit: Why didn't you ask this question to previous candidates when you talked with them?

Visarn: I will ask them if I meet them again.

Chuwit: Why didn't you ask them before when you met them?

Visarn: Or actually it's because you dare not speak about your weakness.

Chuwit: I don't see why I didn't dare. You have to point them out to me.

Visarn: Finally, there are questions about your campaign posters. Initially, you make grimaces in those posters. But now you look more composed in fresh posters. What is the change of image for?

Chuwit: I am not aware of any change. Can you tell me what the changes are? I don't even know that I look more composed.

You are criticising me. You pose such questions for me to answer. As a media member, you need to be impartial. So what are the changes?

Visarn: I am just asking you. Don't bother to question me.

Chuwit: You'd better ask me how I run my public relations campaign. This is not the kind of question you should put to me. In my posters I want to show what problems in Bangkok I've seen, so I will solve them.

Visarn: Before going on air, you said that you had your posters altered to compete against Mr Apirak.

Chuwit: Hey! Why did you mention what I said behind the scenes?

Visarn: So this means you are a different person when you are in front of the camera and when you are behind it?

Chuwit: I am always consistent. But you talk to me under different conditions - in front of the camera and behind the scenes. Just tell me the differences.

:o CLASSIC

Trapped by reasonable questions he has no prepared answers for,

he pulls a Samak and lashes out. The more questions he can't

find a reasonable answer to, the more he gets freaked out.

Finally he pops his top.

I find nothing unreasonable about this journalists questions.

Standard questions, some pretty much softballs too.

But the questionee is certainly a loose cannon.

And why do you think I need to educate myself on how elections work in rural Thailand? See nothing in my post that indicates lack of this knowledge...

In reference to the bold and highlighted text.

It's NOT "the voters", it's about rigging these votes!

Why else there have been so many politicians be banned from politics and parties are threatened to be dissolved for exactly that offense.

Chuwit simply lost his marbles, when attacking his interviewer.

When are you going to put enough of an effort into trying to educate yourself about how "elections" work in rural Thailand?

"they", the people, "elect" their spokesman locally, he will speak and promote his sponsor, together they HAVE to promote the regional "Don" and they will, whatsoever, nobody would ever dare to step out this system!

Cause they would lose ALL support of the "set up", if they have nothing to lose, they are happy to wai the guy who hands out the cash and throws a party, freebies and booze for "All"!

It's the system, the social fabric, network, name it, which got abused, people have been MADE supporters, they surely till today, of this Minute are NOT aware how they have been played and fooled!

If so... the PAD would be a mass protest ALL over this country - that is for sure!

They want THIS to change -which means - if the PAD get this through, a very, very rich feeding trough is closed forever!

What a load of crap!! You are right about the need for education re rural elections ----- but I doubt that you would ever bother to actually invest the time!!

"don" ----- :D ------ :o

now we have the election mafia. grow up!

1---its a secret ballot 2 ---- the people vote very independently.

check out he voting results in your local ampur ----- around here most are close run things with many & various chances of winning.

the concept of "blind-sheep" block voting is simply untrue.

What a load of crap!! You are right about the need for education re rural elections ----- but I doubt that you would ever bother to actually invest the time!!

"don" ----- :D ------ :o

now we have the election mafia. grow up!

1---its a secret ballot 2 ---- the people vote very independently.

check out he voting results in your local ampur ----- around here most are close run things with many & various chances of winning.

the concept of "blind-sheep" block voting is simply untrue.

Ya think?

Well that was was this the EXACT reason the 2006 vote was annulled.

No indepentent voting because

of the public casting of ballots ballot boxes and polling stations turned around so

checkers looking over the shoulders could verify that they voted properly.

Complete and utter <deleted> of an election.

Only in Thailand, where you have earned a fortune of openly running illegal businesses (whorehouses) - and then running for Governor

If I made my fortune from exploiting young Thai girls, at least I would try to keep a low profile.....

Amazing Thailand! :o