Does Anyone Read This

Kringle

Hello I know people are reading what I posted about BLOG problems but not one response from anyne not even when I post in forum support. Do I have the plague or what? I'm just trying to find out how to use this bloody blog thing to download some pics and be able to post them here and other forums. I've looked all over for instructions but can't find any. I would also like to be able to set up an avitar and I thought this is what I could do with this. I have posted multiple times with no success. Thanks for any help.

I have most of my pics on floppy and am trying to put them in my blog but can't get anything to show. Iactivated the account and tried one pic from the flopy but nothing seemed top hap[pen or I can't find it anywhere. Do appreciate the help and will do this for the time being. Thanks, Kringle

...ps, that was my dinner  :o

Before or after you'd eaten it? :D

:D:D:D.......its daves new 29baht all you can eat breakfast.

hmmmm, actually if you look to the left you will see a glass of vodka and freshly squeezed orange, you may also notice the great amount of kidney beans in the dish and we all know kidney beans aint cheap :D

ef6.jpg

The reason the pics are on floppy is because of all the computer problems I was (and still a few) having. Lost so much before and just tired of it. Gotta get somewhere else to keep them. Thanks guys for the help and I'm sure, like always, I'll get it sorted with your help.

Cheers,

Kringle

The reason the pics are on floppy is because of all the computer problems I was (and still a few) having. Lost so much before and just tired of it. Gotta get somewhere else to keep them. Thanks guys for the help and I'm sure, like always, I'll get it sorted with your help.

Cheers,

Kringle

Invest in a CDRW and back your pics up on 1 or 2 disks much easier.

heres a couple more

Three10 [sponsor] - Free hosting for images, with hot linking allowed and no bandwidth limitations. You can use them on ebay auctions, message boards, weblogs, etc. You can upload up to 10 files at a time via browser or zip them up and upload the zip archive file. It adds a small line to the bottom of your image with the site url. You can also create flash photo galleries, share albums, create a weblog, photo albums, comment on images and much more. Paid subscriptions are also available which gives you 150 MB storage space for only $0.99 / month! Previously was onfinite.three10.com.

Limitations: 5 MB storage space; Only .jpg/.jpeg and .zip file extensions are allowed presently.

( Rating: 9.04 | Votes: 80 | Hits: 26,126 | Added: Apr 14, 2004 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SaveFile [sponsor] - This website offers free hosting of images, docs, zips, music, video, and other file types (hotlinking allowed) - can be used for eBay auction pics, signatures, etc. No signup is required.

Limitations: Max file size 600 KB; File types allowed: txt, jpg, gif, bmp, png, swf (Flash), arj, zip, ace, exe, txt, nfo, txt, doc, mp3, wav, xls, psd, pdf (Adobe Acrobat files).

( Rating: 8.79 | Votes: 75 | Hits: 13,800 | Added: Jun 18, 2004 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HostMyImages.net [sponsor] - Offers free image hosting of up to 700kb file sizes, .jpg, .jpeg., .gif, and .png all supported. No registration required; just select your file and click "host it" button. Your image link is given in several formats. Hotlinking is allowed, so you can directly link your image on forums, ebay auctions, personal sites, etc. There is currently no expiration on images or set bandwidth limit specified.

( Rating: 8.36 | Votes: 36 | Hits: 7,966 | Added: Nov 03, 2004 )

NetPix.Org - "Net Pix .Org" is a completely free image hosting service. Simply "browse" and click "upload" button. Has a community forum for help and support. Hot linking is allowed - direct link the hosted image URL on forums or other websites, such as eBay auctions. NO registration, NO fees.

Limitations: File size limit of 200 KB; GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF, SWC, PSD, TIFF, BMP, IFF, JP2, JPX, JB2, JPC, XBM, and WBMP images are supported; Bandwidth is not restricted; Your pictures will stay on the NetPix.Org server for 90 days.

( Rating: - | Votes: 0 | Hits: 456 | Added: Nov 26, 2004 )

Pixerver - A dedicated free images hosting service, with no registration needed. It can be used to host your files with friends, as well as post files on message boards and blogs. It can also be used to direct link files from your personal website or online auction (hot linking is allowed). www.pixerver.com offers you to create your unique gallery and share your works to the public free of charge. Every photos and images is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Limitations: Maximum file size is 1MB; File types supported are GIF, JPG, PNG and SWF (Flash); No bandwidth and storage space limits; Files are kept on their server 1 year after uploading.

( Rating: 9.40 | Votes: 5 | Hits: 516 | Added: Nov 26, 2004 )

PlugInFusion - This free image host allows you to have photo galleries and password-protect images. Also right-click protection prevents unauthorized downloading of your images. Visitors can leave you comments on images and galleries. Hotlinked images allowed - you can hotlink your image to use in a message board signature line or as an avatar. Can be used for personal or small business web site, forum, message board, blog, online auction, or other small traffic volume venue. Free registration has instant activation. Upload up to 5 images at one time via browser-upload.

Limitations: 5 MB storage space; File size limit 100KB; Unlimited bandwidth; If any image isn't viewed for a period of 6 months, it may be deleted from the server.

( Rating: 10.00 | Votes: 1 | Hits: 247 | Added: Nov 25, 2004 )

FileHigh - "File High" allows free image hosting in which you can remove or change your uploaded images at any time. Hotlinking is allowed, so you can direct link to images stored on their server from anywhere on the web, such as auctions, forums, blogs, your own website, etc. Signup (free) is required. Users are allowed to store 10 image files up to 200 KB each. Supported file formats: jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .tiff (others may be added if requested). Bandwidth is unmetered, but subject to a fair use policy. Accounts may only be held by individuals over the age of 18. All individuals are allowed only one account.

( Rating: 1.00 | Votes: 1 | Hits: 357 | Added: Nov 24, 2004 )

ImageLink.org - "Image Link .org" is a free image host and online image manager. In addition to basic hosting, full editing and conversion tools are available free of use through the site. You can upload up to 10 files at one time or zip your files and upload hundreds at once. Both accounts and single images can be made public or private with a simple selection. You can send friends or family a link to single images or to your directory as well as add your images to a gallery for easier display. Links are generated automatically for thumbnails, forums, and html code for use on ebay auctions and other websites; an Email to friend link is also provided. Hot-linking (direct linking of your image) is allowed.

Limitations: No maximum file size and no pixel size restrictions. File types allowed: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .psd, .swf, .tga, .tif (it converts .bmp and .tga to .jpg); other filetypes added by request. Free accounts are given 2mb storage space and 1000mb per month bandwidth.

( Rating: 9.38 | Votes: 16 | Hits: 2,106 | Added: Nov 20, 2004 )

iUploads - Offers free imagehosting with no signup required, just click the browse button, select a picture on your computer, and click upload. You may direct link (hotlink) your image file on personal sites, message boards, and individual online auctions.

Limitations: File size limit is 250KB; File extensions allowed are GIF, JPG, PNG; Uploaded images are stored online at least 60 days; Bandwidth limit is not specified, but they ask that you do not link or embed images hosted on this service into a large-scale, non-forum website.

( Rating: 8.50 | Votes: 8 | Hits: 1,226 | Added: Nov 17, 2004 )

HostMyFile.net - "Host My File .net" offers free file web hosting for several file formats, including images, compressed files, Adobe Acrobat and other document types, and movies and music files. Your uploaded files stay on the server forever, and direct linking allowed (hotlinking). Useful for message boards, sigs, online auctions, personal web sites, etc. No signup required -- just select your file on your computer and press "host". There is an option to email the link to yourself. You can view previously uploaded files. Maximum file size is 1024 KB (1MB); No bandwidth or space/storage limits; Supported file types include: BMP, JPG, TIF, JPEG, MID, WAV, MOV, MP3, RAR, ZIP, SWF (Macromedia Flash), TXT, DOC, PSD, PDF, XLS, PNG, TAR, GZ, AVI, GZIP, ARJ.

Dave  what  actually  is  it..........chilli -con-carne  and  mash?  :o

OLD FASHIONED CHILI CON CARNE     

1 lb. ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tbsp. oil

1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes

1 tomato can of water

1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce

1/2 cup mashed pinto beans, for thickening

1 Tbsp. chili powder

1 tsp. salt

1/2 to 3/4 tsp. ground cumin

1 1/2 cups pinto beans, cooked

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in oil. Mash and reserve the 1/2 cup of pinto beans. Add remaining ingredients. Coarsely chop tomatoes. Simmer 30 minutes. Add additional water if necessary. Just before serving add mashed beans, heat 5 minutes and serve.

NOTE: Do not prepare too early, it will thicken too much. Serve with cornbread muffins, green salad and Italian dressing.

CHEESY MASHED POTATOES     

2 c. mashed potatoes (leftovers work well)

1/2 c. butter

1 lb. cheese (your choice)

Place mashed potatoes in baking dish. Melt butter and pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese of your choice, cover with foil. Bake at 500 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.

heres a couple more

Three10

SaveFile

HostMyImages.net

NetPix.Org

Pixerver

PlugInFusion

FileHigh

ImageLink.org

iUploads

HostMyFile.net

Hi Dave - have you tried those sites and what do you think about ImageShack - any good?

PS Just fancy a Chilli Con Carne now. Really, I do. :o

image shack has a real good reputation, i used to use photobucket all the time but i filled it up, now i am using www.onfinite.com it gives you 5 mb free. photo bucket used to give 20mb free but they have cut down to 5mb but still host the old users pics even if they are over the new limit.

also xdrive.com gives you 50mb but i havent tried it for pics and im not sure of what limitations they enforce..