Chamlong Srimuang Arrested

george

LOL ...

again you can't maintain consistency in a single post. Your history of posts show you to be pro-Thaksin and formerly pro-TRT. It suits you to call names but you can't face the fact of your own bias.

Your analysis of the current situation may be far far off as well. It is possible that Chamlong is out of the picture, temporarily, to keep him likable to Thais and to let the situation escalate with his replacement.

jdinasia:

Any paper/constitution made by an illegal military dictatorship Government banning people from free assembly and holding all media in an iron fist of censure ship, is pr. definition not worth the paper you use to wipe your backside with, and should be declared null and void the instance things returned to normal, you will find no international observers that ever will declare the constitution referendum in Thailand free and fair.

Apart from that have a lovely day,

Regards larvidchr :D

Sorry for the bold types but something went wrong and my reply merged with your post. :o

Edited by larvidchr

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o if you go back to the times when that charter was being written you will not find 'an iron hand of censOrship' etc

you will also find it by far and large incredibly similar to the past 2 constitutions. You will also find that it was voted for by the population.

BUT ---- this thread is about Chamlong :D

:D if you go back to the times when that charter was being written you will not find 'an iron "hand" (fist) of censOrship' etc

you will also find it by far and large incredibly similar to the past 2 constitutions. You will also find that it was voted for by the population.

BUT ---- this thread is about Chamlong :D

:o

On all this off topic constitutional stuff. It may just help if Thailand actually had a once and for all constitutional debate with full and proper and open and not manipulated public hearings, public involvement etc etc to give every single person in the country a stake in the next constitution so that if anyone tried tearing it up or ammending it for personal gain the people would not put up with that. The truth is that very few seem to care if any constitution is ridden over by a bunch of tanks, ripped up by some power crazed political lunatics or quietly shafted by beauraucratic means and that includes 1997 and 2006 and all the others.

Until this attitude changes constitutions will continue to be written by whoever has the most power for their benefit and more worryingly from their classes stilted perspective and they will continue to be bits of irrelevent paper people dont care about and they will continue to be ripped asunder in one way or another. The sooner Thailand gets away from all this top down, knight on a white charger nonsense, the sooner we will see real politcal development that is meaningful and politcal changes that will endure.

Just my little take on what will probably be an ongoing series of hideous littel pitched politcal battels between various members of the political, bureaucratic and business elite in Thailand on one side or another as they battle to control the politcal scene to their own end. Sadly I do not expect any positive developments away from business as usual guided Thai politics - guided either by village headman networks or guided by shadowy bureacratic networks or both depending on which side is in the ascendency at which time.

COULD IT BE . . . .

That Chamlong is sick and tired of PAD which is getting no where. So he stage this, be arrested, so that he can make an exit gracefully from being an active member of PAD. :o:D:D

Not likely, if you know anything about Chamlong.

Courts Reject Chaiwats, the first PAD leader arrested, request to release him ...

Court rejects Chaiwat's request to be released

The Criminal Court Monday rejected the request of Chaiwat Sinsuwong, a leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, to be released.

Chaiwat asked the court to free him on ground that his arrest was unlawful as he and 8 other PAD leaders were appealing against their arrest warrants.

The court rejected Chaiwat's request on ground that the Appeals Court had not yet made decision on his appeal against the arrest warrant.

The Nation

On all this off topic constitutional stuff. It may just help if Thailand actually had a once and for all constitutional debate with full and proper and open and not manipulated public hearings, public involvement etc etc to give every single person in the country a stake in the next constitution so that if anyone tried tearing it up or ammending it for personal gain the people would not put up with that. The truth is that very few seem to care if any constitution is ridden over by a bunch of tanks, ripped up by some power crazed political lunatics or quietly shafted by beauraucratic means and that includes 1997 and 2006 and all the others.

Until this attitude changes constitutions will continue to be written by whoever has the most power for their benefit and more worryingly from their classes stilted perspective and they will continue to be bits of irrelevent paper people dont care about and they will continue to be ripped asunder in one way or another. The sooner Thailand gets away from all this top down, knight on a white charger nonsense, the sooner we will see real politcal development that is meaningful and politcal changes that will endure.

Just my little take on what will probably be an ongoing series of hideous littel pitched politcal battels between various members of the political, bureaucratic and business elite in Thailand on one side or another as they battle to control the politcal scene to their own end. Sadly I do not expect any positive developments away from business as usual guided Thai politics - guided either by village headman networks or guided by shadowy bureacratic networks or both depending on which side is in the ascendency at which time.

Really good post, short and to the point, best I have seen on this subject for a while :o:D:D .

Like I said, repeating yourself to promote your pro Thaksin/PPP agenda while not supporting your claims with facts is lame, feel free to ignore the public will in the matter of the constitution whilst bemoaning acts of civil disobedience done by people wishing for a less corrupt government :o

It's odd how posts beginning "Like I said" invariably herald a semi literate muddle.

I have been quite specific on the background to the current constitution.Which parts precisely do you dispute?

husband, don't waste your time talking with him. he is only here for bickering, can prove nothing or is able to elaborate his "knowlegde".

he try the same with me. blabber about the "country's charter". my question 'about what point and paragraph of a junta constitution he wanna nutpicking' he could not answer.

typical PAD troll with no clue. best is to ignore.

Like I said, repeating yourself to promote your pro Thaksin/PPP agenda while not supporting your claims with facts is lame, feel free to ignore the public will in the matter of the constitution whilst bemoaning acts of civil disobedience done by people wishing for a less corrupt government :o

It's odd how posts beginning "Like I said" invariably herald a semi literate muddle.

I have been quite specific on the background to the current constitution.Which parts precisely do you dispute?

husband, don't waste your time talking with him. he is only here for bickering, can prove nothing or is able to elaborate his "knowlegde".

he try the same with me. blabber about the "country's charter". my question 'about what point and paragraph of a junta constitution he wanna nutpicking' he could not answer.

:D You never answered a single question put to you mental_disorder :D but you did try and muddy the water further with inconsequential meanderings and musings about Plato etc .....

as for 1) typical? no 2) PAD? no 3) troll? no

I am assuming that the reason you are so hard to understand is that English is not your native language Perm_dis, but you can't be answered if you make no sense.

Probably_Deluded, that's 'NIT picking', not "Nut picking".

Squirrel away your nuts on your own time.

And don't go nut picking in public, you get arrested for that like George Michaels!

You on the other had do "cherry picking".

Taking only selected data to make your case,

and ignoring all refuting evidence.

A classic troll technique.

Jdinasia just was missing a few punctuation items and he is perfectly clear.

Like I said;

Repeating yourself to promote your pro Thaksin/PPP agenda,

while not supporting your claims with facts, is lame.

Feel free to ignore the 'public will', in the matter of the constitution,

whilst bemoaning acts of civil disobedience done by people wishing

for a less corrupt government

Edited by animatic

Isn't it strange how all these PAD sheep support a Charter that was written by a illegal military government and forced on to the people without any debate. Hmmm I guess not. Ops I forgot PAD sheep dont believe in elected governments....

sorry hun, but the Junta was a legal government, just not an elected one :o I see you are new to TV, LOS78, so I will forgive your ignorance this once, but when a party is dissolved or elections overturned due to irregularities or not being able to seat a government, then SOMETHING has to be done. There was no true government when the Junta stepped in, there was a caretaker government that was getting into more and more trouble. And then there were none .......

Edited to add: by the way guys interesting to see everything analysed in terms of western philosophy. Eastern philosophy tends to have taken a very different route to that in the west. Maybe someone would like to analyse with some oriental philosophical analysis. Anyway sorry to interject on the philosophy classes :o

yup, you are welcome. share your knowledge about "Eastern philosophy" and do "some oriental philosophical analysis." i really would like to hear that.

imho lays exactly there the roots of some deep misanderstanding how western PAD apologist dream of their "peaceful" ghandi alike "PAD". they think of them in their western concept of corrupt politicans and peoples movement.

i try before to explain how much impact and influence Chamlongs dharma "philosophy", a clerical system of moral values and "proper" ethics, had on thaksin politics. and Chamlong himself in persona as well. create a smiling leader figure, 'one man - one vision', the dharma concept of the moral "good", the leadership school in Kanchanaburi, the " social order" campaign of Purachai Piumsombun, the war on social vices, the war on drugs, the dharma concept of moral "good". no surprise that Chamlong called his pupil purachai a "good man" and defend him against critics, same as he had defended thaksin.

if you want that "good"leader it comes with a protégé system, if the government job is to teach the good values, you have to obey and not to criticise. the arrogance of thaksin against critics and journalist in the name to fulfil the greater good.

but gave that man to much power leads to failure.

for chamlong & PAD thaksin main fault was to be more open to "western" values or what is called globalisation . at that point chamlong left thaksin.

we can start to continue here to discuss and look the "asian way". but than you have to admit you can not called it "democracy" that western term would be a misnomer. "human rights" would be also a western term. the asian commies in china and vietnam did start a "asian way" with a strong state and strong values of moral and ethics as state ideology, but now they are more and more open for a "western" way.

i suggest you enlighten us a little bit more about eastern philosophy.

Replying to Chamlong Srimuang Arrested

Back to the topic in hand

The Nation

Chamlong arrest alters calculations

By The Nation

Published on October 6, 2008

Political pundits concur that the arrest of People's Alliance for Democracy leader Chamlong Srimuang has turned up the heat although it remains unclear which of the opposing sides, the government or the opposition movement, will suffer or benefit from the incident.

Chamlong was nabbed yesterday morning at a polling station in Dusit when he showed up to cast his vote for the Bangkok gubernatorial election.

In a show of mutual cordiality, Metropolitan police officer Colonel Sarathoon Pradit :o gave a salute to Chamlong, who is a retired major-general, before showing him the way to a police vehicle. A smiling Chamlong slightly nodded his head in recognition of the arresting officer and got into the car.

<snip>

Chamlong's ally General Panlop Pinmanee said he suspected the PAD had plotted the arrest in a bid to fuel the opposition movement and gain leverage over the government.

"Another PAD leader Chaiwat Sinsuwong has been in police custody since Friday and it is impossible for the PAD to be blindsided and careless to let police arrest Chamlong without any forewarning," Panlop said.

He said he suspected the PAD had planned the arrest to happen in order to sway anti-government sentiment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kan Win :D

COULD IT BE . . . .

That Chamlong is sick and tired of PAD which is getting no where. So he stage this, be arrested, so that he can make an exit gracefully from being an active member of PAD. :o:D:D

Not possible, Chamlong does not get tired at all. If he does not like something he resign direct. Read about his history.

sorry hun, but the Junta was a legal government, just not an elected one :o I see you are new to TV, LOS78, so I will forgive your ignorance this once, but when a party is dissolved or elections overturned due to irregularities or not being able to seat a government, then SOMETHING has to be done. There was no true government when the Junta stepped in, there was a caretaker government that was getting into more and more trouble. And then there were none .......

Dont forgot an election was called and on its way before the coup... It is widely known that the coup did a lot more damage than any good. And I was refering to the charter that was forced on the people with no fair debate. So its no wonder why so many people want a change to the junta charter.

Thaksin used Chamlong, like he used Sondhi and many others,

and when they caught on, or wouldn't play along,

or were just no longer useful, he turned on them.

And then they on him.

It's his long term pattern using people

till they are no longer useful and then

jetisoning them when they be come inconvienient.

Neither Chamlong nor Sondhi are the type to take that leing down.

As we have seen.

anyone has news from Parliament?

PAD to besiege Parliament

The People's Alliance for Democracy decided Monday to besiege Parliament Tuesday to prevent the government from entering inside to deliver the policy statement to Parliament.

PAD leaders announced the plan to the protesters inside the Government House Monday evening.

The PAD leaders said they plan to expand the demonstration from the Government House to Parliament.

The Nation

Quickly PAD sheep go to parliament house and support your coup makers. Baaaa Baaaaa

I'm not in Parliament :o

But...from the mouth of the PAD Leader, First and Second Batch, announced that they are taking over Parliament area to prevent the Government from going ahead with the charter amendments which is now clear that the amendments is to clear Takky of his charges.

1st Edited Spelling Mistakes

Update:

Actually, at this time, they have already successfully taken over Parliament area.

They are just replaying the earlier scene of the march to Parliament.

Edited to Update

Edited by ^_^

Dont forgot an election was called and on its way before the coup... It is widely known that the coup did a lot more damage than any good. And I was refering to the charter that was forced on the people with no fair debate. So its no wonder why so many people want a change to the junta charter.

What people want a change to the charter? What poll can you give us that suggests this? Oh wait you mean the PPP? those people (not their constituents, just the MP's ... and honestly they don't want it either! They just have to lean that way because of Thaksin's cash. If Takky and his first crew got back in then they would be out of work in those cushy jobs.

It was obvious to most that a new election would get similar results and that 1/2 the country had no faith in any election being offered in that situation :D

Alas, PPP is in all likelihood going to be disbanded in the next couple of months so the pro Thaksin crowd that don't understand anything about Democracy will be crying even more ....

Now back to Chamlong ... as I thought might happen, it appears that Chamlong is now safe from getting his image too tarnished when the PAD steps up the heat.

The 1997 constitution definitely did not legalize military coups or juntas as our Latino friends say. The 2006 military-directed pseudo-constitution did not exactly address whether ex-military men can take over Government House and escape prosecution or not.

Isn't it strange how all these PAD sheep support a Charter that was written by a illegal military government and forced on to the people without any debate. Hmmm I guess not. Ops I forgot PAD sheep dont believe in elected governments....

Is it not possible to debate, without calling other members "PAD sheep", are your arguements really so weak that you can only resort to personal insults ?

And you forget that the junta-appointed government was indeed legitimised, by the Head-Of-State, much as Thaksin's caretaker-PM role had been, following the annulment of the rigged-election.

So Yah Sucks Boo etc. ! :o

PAD to besiege Parliament

The People's Alliance for Democracy decided Monday to besiege Parliament Tuesday to prevent the government from entering inside to deliver the policy statement to Parliament.

PAD leaders announced the plan to the protesters inside the Government House Monday evening.

The PAD leaders said they plan to expand the demonstration from the Government House to Parliament.

The Nation

Quickly PAD sheep go to parliament house and support your coup makers. Baaaa Baaaaa

My wife is most probably there already :o

Is it not possible to debate, without calling other members "PAD sheep", are your arguements really so weak that you can only resort to personal insults ?

And you forget that the junta-appointed government was indeed legitimised, by the Head-Of-State, much as Thaksin's caretaker-PM role had been, following the annulment of the rigged-election.

Why not calling them sheeps. I am a happy sheep :D Proud to be a sheep :D

Sheeps are lovely, honest, non violent animals and even smarter than some people who are allowed to post here every day the same things.

Sorry to offend you. But sheep is not a bad word or insult. Sheep follow other sheep and its just the same as the yellow mob. PAD go to one place and follow each other like sheep. Baaa Baaaa. I mean the rest of Thai society even though they dont support the government respect the democratic system and dont become sheep. But a few become sheep either they are grandmas with no work to do or are fanatics brainwashed by nationalistic propaganda. I support elected governments even if I dont agree with everything they do. Thats the difference. Im member of society and respect the rule of law. The question is do you?