How Much Do You Leave The House With, In Wallet Or Purse?

PeaceBlondie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a typical day, leaving the house, unless you work as a money launderer - how much do you carry?

Have your cash-carrying habits changed over the years?

Typically, THB10,000 to THB20,000, but on ocassion have had k300 on my person, not smart I know...

I certainly carry a lot less cash than I used to, but more to do with the Mrs being the "bank manager" these days... :o

It's a fair question - I guess it is geared to the fact that the need to carry cash has diminished over the years.

In the UK I rarely have more than £30 (1,800 Baht) in my pocket PLUS at least one piece of plastic. Thailand is more cash orientated so I carry more cash - up to 20k (+one card) if I have been to the ATM. Again, in all but the rural areas there is no need to carry large sums of cash - there are ATMs at virtually every 7/11, Family Mart etc.etc

Edited by Chaimai

When I hit the ATM I typically withdraw 1900 baht for the change issue, When I get down to less than the absolute minimum I will spend in a day I hit the machine again.

If I am planning on going out etc I certainly have more on me.

I call in at the bank around 1st of the month get 25000 and by the end of the month it has disappeared! So I go back to the bank again!

Seeing I pay my bills by DD or card I can never figure out where the cash goes. Is there a wallet fairy that nicks a few bills each month???

On a typical day, leaving the house, unless you work as a money launderer - how much do you carry?

Have your cash-carrying habits changed over the years?

I took this to mean how much do I generally have in my pocket for incidentals, not including money I have for a specific purpose such as going drinking or shopping. What the hel_l are you guys buying that you need to carry more than 5000 with you all the time? Admittedly, I live in a low cost area where 1000 baht bills can be hard to break but even going into town I have no need for more than a couple thousand unless I plan to buy something particular.