What's The Stupidest Thing You Have

cojones

hey this could be a big thread !

i recall the photos of a arrested katoey gang in the Bangkok Post paper many years ago .

big breasted chaps who had been druging a number of tourists by getting them to suck on their fake titties , which had been laced with knockout drops.

After the guys were out cold they robbed them of their cash and valuables.

they were all rounded up by the police in BKK

(they probaly used chloral hydrate tranquliser in syrup form on their titties)

And then there were the young Thai guys who had been using an airline at the local garage and shoving the airhose up their rectum for a quick blast !! :o

:D

Not really stupid but funny.

I was on the train to Ayutthya having a smoke between the carriages with the door open.

As the train rattled through the golden countryside, a Thai bloke on a motorbike came riding alongside the train through some paddy fields. He saw me and began to wave so being a polite chap I waved back.

Encouraged by my response, this sportsman then began to wave wildly at me. Not wishing to be rude I returned his salutations albeit in a more dignified manner.

Our hero, not wishing to miss out on contact with a new found freind, went to wave again failing to realise that he was fast running out of road. He was soon made aware of this fact when he went flying through the air in a perfect arc, headlong into the paddy.

Laugh? I nearly shit myself!

I have this enduring image of this fast fading forlorn figure picking himself and his bike up out of the paddy, dripping wet through the blur of my tears..............

Also not quite so much stupid as amusing. At our engagement party, I had to give a little speech in front of everyone, but directed at my TGF's father. Her helpful auntie was prepared ahead of time to translate my English into Thai to the crowd, she didn't realize I was going to speak Thai. So as I said my speech in Thai, she looked a little confused for a moment, and then diligently translated my every word into English for all the friends and relatives. Only thing was, auntie, me, and GF were the only ones there who spoke a word of English!

Thais and Cambo workers wearing balacalavas in 40C+ heat :o

Why do they do that???

Because they don't want to tan. Dark skin makes them look like a Lao :D

(Their words, not mine.)

I see kiwis wearing wool caps in 35c weather. Whats their excuse?

cv

Two friends had their belongings stolen when swimming at a local beach- luckily just clothes, a watch and a camera.

There were some police hammering in a sign further down the beach, telling people not to leave their belongings unattended.

It turned out that there were a number of police on the beach as there had been a spate of these thefts.

The two Thai culprits were found with handgags, cameras purses etc etc in a shack. Hauled back to the nick and my friends got their stuff back.

Some time later, the film went in for processing. The two Thai lads had only been taking photos of each other with the stolen camera. My friend decided that the police had enough evidence already, so kept the photos for posterity.

How can there be so little posts in this thread and so many in the one about farangs? I know that we mamuangs do a lot of stupid sh!t but it pales in comparison to the stupid shit I see daily. I think you ex-pats must be spending too much time hanging around each other to notice what the indigenous population are like... those of you in pattaya go look at the drains in soi 1. Have you ever seen how a thai electrician checks to see if a wire is still live (this includes street mains!!!!).

Thais and Cambo workers wearing balacalavas in 40C+ heat :o

Why do they do that???

Because they don't want to tan. Dark skin makes them look like a Lao :D

(Their words, not mine.)

I see kiwis wearing wool caps in 35c weather. Whats their excuse?

cv

They are in disguise hoping to creep up behind an unsuspecting sheep

A bottled gas delivery truck's rear axle  had  broken on the Udon ringroad (fairly fast traffic) - the driver had placed 3 or 4 large bottles on the road 20 yards behind the truck to 'warn' others that he'd broken down.  Just had to laugh.

As far as the title goes, this is actually being fairly switched on :o

How can there be so little posts in this thread and so many in the one about farangs? I know that we mamuangs do a lot of stupid sh!t but it pales in comparison to the stupid shit I see daily. I think you ex-pats must be spending too much time hanging around each other to notice what the indigenous population are like... those of you in pattaya go look at the drains in soi 1. Have you ever seen how a thai electrician checks to see if a wire is still live (this includes street mains!!!!).

You have a go at members of this forum and then only give one vague example yourself? Hmmmmm. The words 'kettle' and 'black' spring to mind here.......

I must admit I had to have a good think about this post. Maybe its because most members here are actually hardened to many of the things they see, that they simply register surprise when they see something and then carry on. Many things which seem crazy at first soon become the norm.

I reckon it will pick up as people start to remember........

This is certainly the way it was for me whenever I'd see Thais lighting up cigarettes at a petrol station.

The stupidest thing I've seen Thais do is vote for Thaksin and Thai Rak Thai Party candidates.

The stupidest thing I've seen a German do is complain on Koh Phi Phi about the lack of finding "good" German food in Thailand.

The stupidest thing I've seen an American do is spend B3,000 for a taxi from the airport to Pattaya.

The stupidest thing I've seen a Swede do is move in and support a hooker, but had no qualms about knowingly letting her continue to hook.

Idiocy is an equal-opportunity employer.

Getting on a motorbike with a child and not putting a helmut on his/her head. Sadly, we all see this one all the time.

Just a couple of days after talking about this with my gf, she got a call from home that her 2 year old nephew had been admitted to the hospital with a serious head injury from a motorbike accidentl. Luckily, it looks as if he will be okay.