Good Bakeware Shop In Cm?

Steve2UK

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good (or any) bakeware source in CM? I'm looking particularly for springform pans - the kind from which you can release the surrounding rim to leave just the flat base. I already checked out the usual suspects (Central, Robinson, Lotus & Carrefour).

Thanks in advance for useful info.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good (or any) bakeware source in CM? I'm looking particularly for springform pans - the kind from which you can release the surrounding rim to leave just the flat base. I already checked out the usual suspects (Central, Robinson, Lotus & Carrefour).

I know but my directions are likely to give you hysterics!

Take the road that runs along side the river heading North and at Rimping condo's go across the light and carry on until you reach a T junction at a major intersection. Turn left and travel less than half a kilo - there's a car dealer on the left and the road will as I recall narrow and a median appears in the center of the road. The (Very Thai) shop is on the right and has a fairly large dusty carpark at the side and rear. That shop sells every known baking device known to man, woman or beast

Hi all,

Take the road that runs along side the river heading North and at Rimping condo's go across the light and carry on until you reach a T junction at a major intersection. Turn left and travel less than half a kilo - there's a car dealer on the left and the road will as I recall narrow and a median appears in the center of the road. The (Very Thai) shop is on the right and has a fairly large dusty carpark at the side and rear. That shop sells every known baking device known to man, woman or beast

Thanks, chiang mai, I've got to try and find that place - even if only to rise to the challenge of finding it! :o

Looking at the map, the left turn at the T-junction you mention (might actually be a crossroads?) looks like it might be across Rama 9 bridge to Rattanakosin Road - certainly plenty of car dealers there...........

I'm racking my brains - what's a "median" in this context?

Hi all,

Thanks, chiang mai, I've got to try and find that place - even if only to rise to the challenge of finding it! :o

Looking at the map, the left turn at the T-junction you mention (might actually be a crossroads?) looks like it might be across Rama 9 bridge to Rattanakosin Road - certainly plenty of car dealers there...........

I'm racking my brains - what's a "median" in this context?

Actually yes, on reflection it perhaps is a X roads.

A median is a barrier or wall or raised strip that separates both sides of the road. I no longer live in CM so I'm going from memory on this but as I recall the road twists and turns and then following a twist to the right the road either narrows and/or a central barrier appears - the used car dealers are on the left. Good luck and let me know if you find it.

There is a median after you have crossed that bridge and gone over the next set of traffic lights (intersects with road from Muang Mai market that goes to Thalad Kamthieng). That median disappears when you cross the big intersection with all the 2nd hand cars. Have never seen a baking equip shop though :o

What about the cooking equip shop on the CM-Lamphun road just south of Nong Hoi intersection on the left. Have never been in but pretty big place.

Chiangmai Baker's Mart. Its near the Adventure Hotel. If I tried to give you directions, I'd confuse you but they have a website you can Google for. The have a huge selection of bake ware, those light tin-like ones and the teflon non-stick ones. Actually, they have a huge selection of just about anything you need for baking.

Chiangmai Baker's Mart. Its near the Adventure Hotel. If I tried to give you directions, I'd confuse you but they have a website you can Google for. The have a huge selection of bake ware, those light tin-like ones and the teflon non-stick ones. Actually, they have a huge selection of just about anything you need for baking.

That's the one over the Nong Hoi intersection, on the way to Saraphi - left hand side.

There's one there, trust me, Mrs CM used to use it all the time.

Mission accomplished - yes, there's definitely one there :o . To paraphrase one of my favourite lines (from the locker opening scene in "Men in Black")......... "All hail, chiang mai!" (the TV member not the place - though I also like the place). Your directions - and particularly the "dusty car park" description turned out to be easy to follow and find - otherwise it's easily missed from the road. For the benefit of others wanting to find the place, it's on the north side of the stretch of Rattanakosin Road that runs between Muang Samut and Rama 9 Bridge. Similarly, but more as a bit of nostalgia for you and Mrs CM, here are a couple of pics of it.

It's an Aladdin's Cave of stuff - very Thai, as you say. Seems to be a main supplier for nearly every market stall/guesthouse/restaurant place around - food packaging, tinware, cooking utensils, catering packs of you-name-it food colourings, flavourings, yeasts, flours, chocolate/cocoa powders - and even HP Sauce and malt vinegar. Not only did I get a set of 3 different-sized springform tins for just 450 baht, I couldn't resist what ended up being an armful of other goodies from there.

Many thanks for this lead - and for the other that appeared after I set off to track down this one.

There's one there, trust me, Mrs CM used to use it all the time.

Mission accomplished - yes, there's definitely one there :o . To paraphrase one of my favourite lines (from the locker opening scene in "Men in Black")......... "All hail, chiang mai!" (the TV member not the place - though I also like the place). Your directions - and particularly the "dusty car park" description turned out to be easy to follow and find - otherwise it's easily missed from the road. For the benefit of others wanting to find the place, it's on the north side of the stretch of Rattanakosin Road that runs between Muang Samut and Rama 9 Bridge. Similarly, but more as a bit of nostalgia for you and Mrs CM, here are a couple of pics of it.

It's an Aladdin's Cave of stuff - very Thai, as you say. Seems to be a main supplier for nearly every market stall/guesthouse/restaurant place around - food packaging, tinware, cooking utensils, catering packs of you-name-it food colourings, flavourings, yeasts, flours, chocolate/cocoa powders - and even HP Sauce and malt vinegar. Not only did I get a set of 3 different-sized springform tins for just 450 baht, I couldn't resist what ended up being an armful of other goodies from there.

Many thanks for this lead - and for the other that appeared after I set off to track down this one.

Result, well done.