Cant Figure This One Out ?

H2oDunc

Right here we go. A couple of days ago I got up watched a little TV then around 8-30am jumped in the shower. Got my things together to go to big C to check my email and do a little shopping. Had a nice leisurely ride to big C via the scenic route arriving as per norm arund 9-10am. As I pulled into the bike parking area I thought it looked very empty but didnt think much more of it. Walked over to the entrance and the doors are locked ? There is a Thai guy washing the windows and he points to the sign which says 09-00 to 23-00. I look at my watch its 09-11. I show the Thai guy. He says no 08-11. Heres where it got me! I take out my phone and it says 09-11. :o Somehow, and I havent been able to figure this out, both my watch and phone have lost an hour ???

Now my watch is a dive computer / watch. Its a Suunto D9. To chage the time I have to press and hold 1 button for 4 secods then press another 5 various buttons to change the time by 1 hour. My phone has to be unlocked by presing 2 buttons quickly in succesion then go through the menu to access the time function. Neither could be accidently changed.

Totally blew my head in. Only thing I can put it down to is Mrs H2O letting me know shes still watching from above !!! I went and lit a few candles just to be on the safe side. Its a weird world we live in

Anyody else have any weird experiences here in LOS that were not Chang induced??:D

Any chance your watch and phone are set to change to daylight saving time?

Edited to add

Suunto season settings and auto time update on phone

That was my first thought but that doesnt happen for another month so that was quickly ruled out WEIRD!!!!! :o

I'm confused..I'll leave it there

Yes they are set to adjust to Winter time.

Setting the time +1hr.

Diff date on diff parts of the world.

Same thing will happen to him backwards(-1hr)

Sometimes in march/April.

"ahhh 1hour gone? in 1second???"

"Aliens did this??"

He will walk around again in awe, talking about

twilightzone to everyone he meets.

Edited by Lilyjade

I'm confused..I'll leave it there

Yes they are set to adjust to Winter time.

Setting the time +1hr.

Diff date on diff parts of the world.

Same thing will happen to him backwards(-1hr)

Sometimes in march/April.

"ahhh 1hour gone? in 1second???"

"Aliens did this??"

He will walk around again in awe, talking about

twilightzone to everyone he meets.

So I dont have my watch set to Oz time, Is there such a thing I thought the world ran on GMT + or - ?? and NOBODY else here in Thailand experienced the same ?? Being British ALL my time pieces are set to GMT +7. British summer time is defined as

2008: Sunday 30 March 01:00 GMT - Sunday 26 October 01:00 GMT (02:00 BST)

So Ive another 20 days to go before that theory comes into play. I even checked a third time with my computer, which is set to auto update, neither the watch or phone are, , and that was showing an hour behind both my watch and phone. Still cant figure it out ???????

A couple of days ago I go to big C, I Walked over to the entrance and the doors are locked ? There is a Thai guy washing the windows and he points to the sign which says 09-00 to 23-00. I look at my watch its 09-11. I show the Thai guy. He says no 08-11.

A couple of day ago ??

That would be 4th of October.

Aagh! Nobody told you that is the Thai April Fool's Day :o

Well, a couple of days ago my phone here in the UK announced a daylight savings adjustment which I accepted, even though our clocks do not go back for a while yet, but it did not change the time. Looks like there was some change somewhere in the world which my set-up ignored but yours didn't (my phone is set to GMT but with auto timezone enabled).

Anyway, LOS does not have daylight saving, GMT+7 all year.

Right here we go. A couple of days ago I got up watched a little TV then around 8-30am jumped in the shower. Got my things together to go to big C to check my email and do a little shopping. Had a nice leisurely ride to big C via the scenic route arriving as per norm arund 9-10am. As I pulled into the bike parking area I thought it looked very empty but didnt think much more of it. Walked over to the entrance and the doors are locked ? There is a Thai guy washing the windows and he points to the sign which says 09-00 to 23-00. I look at my watch its 09-11. I show the Thai guy. He says no 08-11. Heres where it got me! I take out my phone and it says 09-11. :o Somehow, and I havent been able to figure this out, both my watch and phone have lost an hour ???

Now my watch is a dive computer / watch. Its a Suunto D9. To chage the time I have to press and hold 1 button for 4 secods then press another 5 various buttons to change the time by 1 hour. My phone has to be unlocked by presing 2 buttons quickly in succesion then go through the menu to access the time function. Neither could be accidently changed.

Totally blew my head in. Only thing I can put it down to is Mrs H2O letting me know shes still watching from above !!! I went and lit a few candles just to be on the safe side. Its a weird world we live in

Anyody else have any weird experiences here in LOS that were not Chang induced??:D

Surely you mean, your watch and phone had gained an hour, not lost an hour.

Right, there can only be 2 explanations for the watch and phone to have gained an hour at the same time.

1. Someone has played a practical joke on you.

2. You are a complete loon and making this whole thing up.

Edited by sassienie

OK so what happened to the piece of toast? ? ?

Maybe it got into a time-warp with the watch? ? ?

First he ate the toast, then the time was reset, creating a "wrinkle" in the time-space continuum, whereby the toast was put into a state of suspended animation in the 6th dimension, rendering it invisible to the human eye or consciousness.

When the time changes back again, the toast should reappear in the toaster. Just wait till next year.

:o:D

Flying spaghetti monsters? Maybe it will be better if you moved one time zone in the right direction. Then your watch and local time will be perfectly aligned.

Anyody else have any weird experiences here in LOS that were not Chang induced?? :D

Edited by toybits

Right, there can only be 2 explanations for the watch and phone to have gained an hour at the same time.

Firstly yes you are right I meant they had gained an hour.

2 Nobody could have played a joke as that nightI was alone in the house all night.

3 people have said Im a little crazy in ways but I dont think Im at the loon stage .....................................................YET

4 It was last Thursday which was the second October and I cant find any time changes for this area anywhere on the net???????

I like the alien theory but have no other alien symptoms ......................................YET :D

Ah well another day another mystery :D

The answer is simple, the guy at Big C is operating on Thai time and your watch is set to the time zone allocated to Thailand (GMT + 7 hours or BST + 6). The two are completely independant as anyone who has tried to make an appointment with a Thai knows. The sign on the door to Big C is open to interpretation depending on the reader's personal time zone.

Time, in Thailand, waits for everyman and everyman waits for time.

I may be wrong but i think it changed in Oz last week.

day light savings applied in Aus on 5th October. that seems to be the day the time changed as per OP.

so my guess is - auto daylight saving. you might have chosen Aus time at original set up?

your clock would have gained an hour (as in you lost one hour when you wake up). that would be Aus time.

I dont know enough about how the dateline works, but assume you would gain one hour if it was changing according to Brit time?

Firstly yes you are right I meant they had gained an hour.

2 Nobody could have played a joke as that nightI was alone in the house all night.

3 people have said Im a little crazy in ways but I dont think Im at the loon stage .....................................................YET

4 It was last Thursday which was the second October and I cant find any time changes for this area anywhere on the net???????

I like the alien theory but have no other alien symptoms ......................................YET :D

Ah well another day another mystery :D

There you go. So it`s my suggested answer no 2 than.

Edited by sassienie