Reic Warns Of Slowdown

credit tightening and housing supply growing................pure genius i tell you

Financing mortgages now restricted as liquidity drops

:o "Banks now have to recheck cusฌtomer credit history with the Credit Bureau and also evaluate whether the applicant has the ability to pay back before approving the loan. As a result, we reject up to 40 per cent of new appliฌcations for mortgages," he said. :D

:D In the past two or three years ago, banks rejected between 20 per cent and 30 per cent of applications. :D

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/10/07...ss_30085240.php

LOS, what a magical place...........

inflation raging - check

consumer confidence skidding - check

riots/tear gas/ bomb in the streets - check

interest rate policy remains steady - check

SET lowest in 5 years - check

where are the unicorns and rainbows?

i only have 2 comments:

1) condos in LOS are like bargirls, they age quickly and lack substance

2) LOS is trurning into a clogged toilet, last farang out, please flush

Thailand May Keep Rate at 16-Month High Amid Political Turmoil

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

inflation raging - check

I have to say ,if you add a completly unstable government to your checklist ,without getting involved with things like 2 tier pricing and foreign quota,s one thing that is a fact is that these people paying thb 150 K to Thb 200 k per square meter ( if they are selling ) must be real brave or real stupid investors

If you look at the Sydney market , and Australia with its very transparent market ,a words thai media use but really have no idea what it means , the prices equate to about between Aud $ 6500 to $8500 per metre ,and i can tell you in Sydney that is prime real estate ,with a stable democratic government ,banks ranked N0: 4 in the world ,

Why would you pay Sydney top end prices for A condo in Bangkok ?with all the problems going on in thailand , and thats without talking about the world credit crisis where who knows the real truth about the Thai exposure.

1st world prices in a 3rd world market ,not a good idea

Why would you pay Sydney top end prices for A condo in Bangkok ?with all the problems going on in thailand , and thats without talking about the world credit crisis where who knows the real truth about the Thai exposure.

my family have money in Australia, and we are staring a 200k currency loss in the face over the last month.

Frigging Australia, dump of a place :o:D And their beer sucks too.

inflation raging - check

I have to say ,if you add a completly unstable government to your checklist ,without getting involved with things like 2 tier pricing and foreign quota,s one thing that is a fact is that these people paying thb 150 K to Thb 200 k per square meter ( if they are selling ) must be real brave or real stupid investors

If you look at the Sydney market , and Australia with its very transparent market ,a words thai media use but really have no idea what it means , the prices equate to about between Aud $ 6500 to $8500 per metre ,and i can tell you in Sydney that is prime real estate ,with a stable democratic government ,banks ranked N0: 4 in the world ,

Very good points raised. Seems to refer to Bangkok I assume. In Chiang Mai the square meter is much cheaper at 27 - 40k, buy well and get 8% plus return with no yearly land tax. So Australia is offering better than that now is it? Things have changed.

Don't get me wrong I have several condos here and plan to invest in some Aussie real estate next year, not for the return, but because I want something at home for the kids later.

inflation raging - check

Very good points raised. Seems to refer to Bangkok I assume. In Chiang Mai the square meter is much cheaper at 27 - 40k, buy well and get 8% plus return with no yearly land tax. So Australia is offering better than that now is it? Things have changed.

Don't get me wrong I have several condos here and plan to invest in some Aussie real estate next year, not for the return, but because I want something at home for the kids later.

Correct talking about Bangkok market , in Australian residential you should be getting anywhere from 4-6% return maybe a bit more for a bedsitter ,My main point is that as a country , in terms of political stability and standard of living the prices just don,t stack up compared to Sydney , for the return 8% is good ,but the real investment value is in the real capital growth of a property, as opposed to some Thai Investor putting up prices becuase he thinks that what he wants